Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
Me too, though because I'm more interested in the MP side I don't mind how long it takes. That is assuming you don't have to unlock veteran by playing on once of the other levels first.

Soldato
anyone confirm if you do keep you BETA rank? or if levelling is slower in the full game compared to the BETA as rumoured to be?

When I checked last night I was on level one (was fully maxed on the beta) I've yet to play it online though but it doesn't look like it's kept it for me.

Hope that helps. :)

Associate
COD NOOB.

I've just ordered a copy of COD4 for the PS3. I mainly got the PS3 for blu-rays and my usual games are driving ones, my last shooter experience was probably doom 2 and before that Wolfgang on a PC.

What am I to expect from COD4, ? is it ok I haven't seen / played the other COD's ?.

Man of Honour
What am I to expect from COD4, ? is it ok I haven't seen / played the other COD's ?.

COD4 has nothing to do with the previous games other than being made by the same developer as the first two. The first games were all WW2 based but as the name suggests this one is set in the modern era.

As for what you should expect - a miltary shooter with a very high level of authenticity in the weaponry, enemies who'll try to kill you lots (often with grenades), fantastic level design, and lots of fun :)

Associate
its easy on regular. But to get all the achievements you should really play it in veteran as you get achievements for doing each level and then another achievement for completing the level on veteran. It will take a lot longer than 5 hours on veteran i assure you

Soldato
Any word on the Audio on the PS3 version being better?
You know uncompressed PCM?

Some PS3 games are 7.1 with full uncompressed audio which blows away typical 5.1 DD.

Just wondering if any websites made a referrence to the PS3 in this regards

Last edited:
Soldato
When I checked last night I was on level one (was fully maxed on the beta) I've yet to play it online though but it doesn't look like it's kept it for me.

Hope that helps. :)

cheers for that :)

ive heard 12 missions each taking bout 30mins each, so 6hrs aint too bad.

definately need some OcUK games!

Soldato
Any word on the Audio on the PS3 version being better?
You know uncompressed PCM?

Some PS3 games are 7.1 with full uncompressed audio which blows away typical 5.1 DD.

Just wondering if any websites made a referrence to the PS3 in this regards

Only thing i've read regarding the differences between PS3 and 360 is that the lighting is better on the PS3 version - but I don't believe it for a second.

Soldato
People who have preordered with the company with the ladder, has yours been dispatched yet? My status still says 'ordered'. :(

Can usually rely on them to deliver a day or two early.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
People who have preordered with the company with the ladder, has yours been dispatched yet? My status still says 'ordered'. :(

Can usually rely on them to deliver a day or two early.

mine says the same too, however I've noticed i normally get e-mails 8pm onwards from them saying its been despatched, so there is still time

Back
Top Bottom