Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

I bought this last night and had a few games of free for all. i like it. it runs well. i did get one crash at the end of a match. I'm getting black flashes in the menus etc which is likely the nvidia driver as mentioned. it seems fine in game from my limited testing though.

ive only ever played Warzone, so i have no idea how the game modes work, so i'll read up on that. I like free for all and team deathmatch though, so that will keep me busy for the meantime.

No idea what i'm doing with the weapons. I havent really chopped and changed about in warzone. i use the FARA 83 and the HDR sniper and have done for ages. Being a bit of a noob at all this online gaming stuff, i figured consistent guns would be helpful for me, rather than too much changing around. I dont play much so it all helps. Sounds like this new game is confusing loads of people.

When i start a free for all game, there are some fixed weapon choices. can i not build a loadout for these games? or is it not presented to me because i havent set one up?

I have gone the other way on that tree so far, the FTAC Recon is awful imo but I want the Hurricane

It's a weird approach but try treating the FTAC Recon like an SMG. Change it's firing mode to auto and just get up close with it, it's a 2 hit kill at close range so you can kill quite quickly. I was the same, just wanted to get too the FSS Hurricane and found most success that way.

I bought this last night and had a few games of free for all. i like it. it runs well. i did get one crash at the end of a match. I'm getting black flashes in the menus etc which is likely the nvidia driver as mentioned. it seems fine in game from my limited testing though.

ive only ever played Warzone, so i have no idea how the game modes work, so i'll read up on that. I like free for all and team deathmatch though, so that will keep me busy for the meantime.

No idea what i'm doing with the weapons. I havent really chopped and changed about in warzone. i use the FARA 83 and the HDR sniper and have done for ages. Being a bit of a noob at all this online gaming stuff, i figured consistent guns would be helpful for me, rather than too much changing around. I dont play much so it all helps. Sounds like this new game is confusing loads of people.

When i start a free for all game, there are some fixed weapon choices. can i not build a loadout for these games? or is it not presented to me because i havent set one up?

What level are you? Custom classes unlock at level 4 and you can build your loadout from the create a class menu.

Likely, if you're above level 4 and you haven't set one up then it won't be shown to you in game!

It's a weird approach but try treating the FTAC Recon like an SMG. Change it's firing mode to auto and just get up close with it, it's a 2 hit kill at close range so you can kill quite quickly. I was the same, just wanted to get too the FSS Hurricane and found most success that way.

What level are you? Custom classes unlock at level 4 and you can build your loadout from the create a class menu.

Likely, if you're above level 4 and you haven't set one up then it won't be shown to you in game!

What level am i? Hmm, no idea, i'll check later.

Must admit, I'm not enjoying the maps anywhere near as MW1 but then again, I can't remember what maps MW1 launched with and what were subsequently added.
MW19 maps had that awful issue where you would attempt to cross a road and be immediately shot from a window. At least MW2 seems to have improved on that!

I think overall there are some really good maps but it does all depend on the modes you play.

Al Bagra - great for Hardpoint and Search and Destroy, not so fun on TDM as there are quite a few power points with really strong sight line that people just wait in. Those work in objective modes as you have a fight for control over them, but in TDM the fight becomes entirely focused on these.
Breenbergh Hotel - haven't played this much at all, it was a bit ropey in the beta but I've had fun playing Hardpoint on it and not had fun playing TDM on it.
Crown Raceway - great for Domination, Hardpoint and SnD. Ropey on TDM.
El Asilo - great for TDM, great for Hardpoint and great for Search. Domination is 50/50 as the spawns flip so easily, it's essentially an A/C flag swapfest.
Embassy - one of my favourite maps so far, wish it came up more frequently. Great for SnD, great for Hardpoint.
Farm 18 - fun to play but wouldn't say it's my favourite, hardpoint plays alright on it.
Mercado - another decent map, not my favourite but no major complaints.
Border Crossing - I skip this every time it comes up as I'm fed up of dying to exploding cars...
Taraq - brilliant for SnD and Hardpoint, a bit rubbish for everything else.
Zarqwa Hydroelectric - my favourite map, I feel it works well on all modes.

Last edited:
I like the market one, invasion is great fun. Cant say im disliking any maps specifically.
There need to be more water, the hydroelectric map is great fun swimming away (and into) danger. Someone threw a grenade into the water and it made a nice water ripple effect. I watched it for a few seconds jaw open... then got sniped.

I'm still exploring the different areas of the maps. Maybe its because i've not played a modern game since MW2019 but I find myself stopping and admiring the lighting or detail on things

I'm growing to hate the Crown Raceway map on non-TDM/FFA. It seems almost impossible to win unless your team is all going for the objective. Some of the other maps you can get away with a few rogue teammates who are only going after kills. But Crown Raceway feels like you can be picked off too easily going for the objective on your own.

Only played groundwar so far and love it...will have to try some tdm at some point, but i just cant stop playing ground war lol
I tried ground war and found it better than in MW2019. I didnt really know what was going on though :o
Invasion still not sure what points you have to capture on the 'front line' but it seems easier. I didnt even realise there is a load of AI on each side in invasion until about the 10th game! I would prefer no AI

Whilst the weapon attachment upgrade system seems convoluted, I know exactly why its like that... Money

The standard Warzone 2 player will use say the M4 but to unlock different scopes, grips and everything else requires the use of other weapons. No longer can they carry on using the M4 or whatever gun to slowly unlock everything.
This will force them to either not unlock anything else or use other weapons. Using other weapons in Warzone 2 alone to unlock different attachments for the M4 will take many many hours. They either buy blueprints at cost, the battlepass at cost or buy MW2 and play MP to unlock things faster. Very clever IMO.

Slowly getting used to the unlock system but at least now it forces people to use the guns they would otherwise have never used e.g. me with the 556 Icarus. Wouldnt have given it a second thought, but now its my main gun. Might even keep it over the M16, which was what I was aiming for. Certainly an interesting change

Just been playing some team deathmatch. First game i did reasonably well. Second game was a disaster, and about middle of the pack for the rest. so SBMM seems to work well.

It seems all the players in the lobby were PC players, all on mouse. i assume the PC tower looking icon is for steam?

I really enjoyed it. Going to take me a long time to learn those maps though, with my defective sense of direction!

I bought mw2 yesterday and I must say that I am enjoying it.

Quick question. Where is the war zone mode?
A couple weeks away :) I think its around November 16/17th

Loving the benchmark mode in this. My monitor is capped at 175hz so just aiming to crank the settings as much as possible whilst not going over that so its helpful with seeing what the tweaks are doing each time.

Just been playing some team deathmatch. First game i did reasonably well. Second game was a disaster, and about middle of the pack for the rest. so SBMM seems to work well.

It seems all the players in the lobby were PC players, all on mouse. i assume the PC tower looking icon is for steam?

I really enjoyed it. Going to take me a long time to learn those maps though, with my defective sense of direction!
Tip, they've all got 3 lanes :)

Aside from the highway map (worst map in the history of MP), I’ve kinda enjoyed the game with one big annoyance so far:
The desync problems of past cod games seems to be back with vengeance. For example; in some games you die instant death when the enemy sees you, or you start shooting someone but no hit markers until say, round #4 and then instant death from your adversary. In these games the kill-cam doesn’t match reality either. It’s not all games though and on the flip side sometimes I benefit from the de sync, like I have god mode activated. Quite a frustrating turn of events.

Well that didn’t take long for a meta to be established. Every game tonight full of spr one shotting you while you are shooting them. Excellent work IW
The SPR opens the best Sniper branch, that's why everyone is using it. If everyone is like me I've levelled a couple of ARs and the Lachman SMG before moving on to the Snipers ready for Warzone. The SPR is good unless you miss in a gunfight then you're dead.

It'll be interesting to see how the SPR branch performs in Warzone, I'm guessing the marksman rifles will have limited one shot range again.

Infinity Ward know how to make snipers rewarding, they're hella fun. Raven sucked the life out of them.

Back
Top Bottom