Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

At last, I have this game stable, found a fix for my issue. Might be useful for others too.

Go to documents, locate Call of Duty file and open that, locate players folder and open that, look for options.3.cod22.CST and open this file in note pad. Locate thread count for handling job que which is down the bottom.
And what ever the number is, it needs to be half of how many cores your processor is, so mine is 6. Then hit save.

Since doing this I've played back to back game no issues.

Last edited:
Is anyone, not me, going to make a new thread? Regular MW2 MP and Warzone are two complete different beasts so not sure they need the same thread?

Unless I'm just being a jobsworth

Is anyone, not me, going to make a new thread? Regular MW2 MP and Warzone are two complete different beasts so not sure they need the same thread?

Unless I'm just being a jobsworth
Jobsworth :p
Modern Warfare 2019 and Warzone were not the same games. Easier to lump it into one IMO

@gooseuk thanks, slight typo 'thread' count instead of 'threat'

I'm playing on a 5800X, 8 core CPU and have this in the file. Game seems fine to me, but should it be really set to "4" instead of "7"?

// Thread count for handling the job queue
RendererWorkerCount:0.0 = "7" // -1 to 16

Interested to know what others have in their file

C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Call of Duty\players\options.3.cod22.cst

Last edited:
Last night was my first problem free sesh on this. Tis enjoyable for sure.

Definitely gonna have to start levelling the SPR as it does seem quite ridiculous at the moment.

The SPR is apparently broken with a controller due to the aim assist. I'm enjoying it but it's really annoying to not kill someone with a good body shot and they turn around and hose you. I literally shot someone with my barrel to their chest as they jumped around a corner and they still killed me.

I have a i7 9700K which is 8 core but in that field I had '5'
Modern Warfare 2019 the render worker count was also set at 7 for me using the same 5800X CPU
I believe its supposed to be half the threads, so for me 8 as 5800X has 16 threads / 8 cores.

Not sure why its 7 by default, maybeit carried over from MW2019 settings... proves there only need to be one thread :o

Last edited:
The SPR is apparently broken with a controller due to the aim assist. I'm enjoying it but it's really annoying to not kill someone with a good body shot and they turn around and hose you. I literally shot someone with my barrel to their chest as they jumped around a corner and they still killed me.

The SPR does seem a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I can pull off a one shot kill and wonder how I hit the other player, other times I get a definite upper body shot and all I get is a hit marker. It could be down to the bad lag in the game at the moment though. The game really is very unfinished!

Multiplayer is very good so far. Still getting a few rashes but mostly stable and runs well. Looks great too.

Campaign was so good, I am saving the rest of it, it's quality. Well impressed so far.

The SPR does seem a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I can pull off a one shot kill and wonder how I hit the other player, other times I get a definite upper body shot and all I get is a hit marker. It could be down to the bad lag in the game at the moment though. The game really is very unfinished!
I've noticed this

Sometimes it feels like the SPR is getting aim assist on MKB (like you get with "targeting assistance" on Destiny 2), especially when running iron sights

Either that or my hit scan aim magically got better :cry:

Back
Top Bottom