Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Well either i'm the worst player in the world, or the SBMM doesnt work. Ive been playing free for all and team deathmatch for a while and i feel like i'm doing ok. Ive tried playing ground war and i'm bottom of the list every since time. like 3 kills 20 something deaths... the next game... its even worse. ninjas running around instantly killing me with a knife, i'm just dying over and over. half the time i dont even know how.

Its clearly not the game for me, which is a shame. i like the idea of it, but there is just too much going on and just cant see whats happening. Its SOO frustrating ive had to stop playing i'm just too old i think
Slow down, use the sound with good headphones and6check you corners.

Assume some git has left a claymore around every corner as well

4k oleds still have triple the response time minimum of the average pc monitor.

The vast majority of players will be console players on a very average slow screen.

I struggle to get kills on my Series X on a Samsung Q80T, which is a reasonably fast screen but not a patch on my PC monitor when it comes to responsiveness.

Face it, you need to just get better.
I don't need to face anything in quite happy being crap.

On the contrary, I play on PC with both methods of control depending on my mood. I was on controller last night and got put in a Free For All lobby against majority KB&M players and could barely get a shot off. My backside was well and truly handed to me.

I think for me, it's the insane distant shots they can get, not sniping, but using an AR or SMG. I am not the best by any means, even with KB&M. To me, it just seems abit more powerful than it ever was in previous titles.

Honestly, if my wrists weren't so shagged I would use a mouse and keyboard for this game. I've seen some insane aim assist clips and videos though and I swear mine just doesn't seem to work like that on my controller lol.

I think for me, it's the insane distant shots they can get, not sniping, but using an AR or SMG. I am not the best by any means, even with KB&M. To me, it just seems abit more powerful than it ever was in previous titles.
Aim assist only works when you are already on target and moving. If you are not on target you have nothing. Recoil control is also MUCH harder on a controller. It's easy to see its effect, just go to the firing range and shoot dummies.

PC whiners are just whinging at this point. Controller players only have a couple of CM of precision, the mouse lot have an entire desk. Thats before we get into all the additional tools PC players have, high refresh rate monitors, latency mitigation software, high dpi mice etc etc.

When I play KB&M it's just a more precise affair, but I don't like being hunched over a desk 24/7 anymore.

Last edited:
When Warzone 2.0 launches a new "extraction" mode, DMZ, is being released. I'm not sure if COD have said it's like Tarkov but everyone thinks it's their attempt at a mode similar. Tomorrow some COD content creators and also one of the biggest Tarkov content creators will be playing it and streaming it.
If you see anything on this today can you link it here please? Interested to see what it's like! THanks

I suppose I'm a strange case as I'm using a series x / 120hz OLED with a keyboard and mouse rather than a controller, I agree that the aim assist is infuriating, it'd be great to match make via input method rather than platform. I've noticed quite an increase in PC/Controller combo lately.

Last edited:
Has everyone seen that 'Warzone Legacy' that they've released? You can go to this link, enter your Activision ID and it does a summary of your 2 years of Warzone!

Not sure if I should be proud of my 568 hours of gametime but the wins and gulag performance is good!

And it looks like you can get an image summary of your stats too at the end called 'Veteran Action Report'.

SSl9EmB.jpeg

Last edited:
Slow down, use the sound with good headphones and6check you corners.

Assume some git has left a claymore around every corner as well
I do move quite slowing and carefully around. I do alright in team deathmatch.. well i'm usually middle to bottom of the pack in results, but i did come third once. Often my kills are low compared to others, but if i feel like ive had a good game, my K/D is usually above average of the team. The frustration is not nearly as bad as when playing ground war though... i'll just avoid it for now i think.

Game was running fine all day yesterday. Today I can barely load a match without it completely shutting down my computer. Very odd. I had this a few times with MW19 but it stopped.

Trying to get long shot kills on assault rifles for the platinum camo is really annoying. It feels like the long shot range is a lot further away than MW19, and some of the rifles have really bad recoil at long range (Kastov-74U I'm looking at you). That and combining not every map has useful distance locations, or you empty an entire mag only to the one shot killed by the SPR again, or it takes so many hits to get someone at distance that someone else steals your kill at close range. I might wait for Hardcore to complete some of them.

Aim assist only works when you are already on target and moving. If you are not on target you have nothing. Recoil control is also MUCH harder on a controller. It's easy to see its effect, just go to the firing range and shoot dummies.

PC whiners are just whinging at this point. Controller players only have a couple of CM of precision, the mouse lot have an entire desk. Thats before we get into all the additional tools PC players have, high refresh rate monitors, latency mitigation software, high dpi mice etc etc.

When I play KB&M it's just a more precise affair, but I don't like being hunched over a desk 24/7 anymore.
if you dont know you can use aim assist and set the settings to black ops. this basically makes your controller a aimbot. also what many dont realize is the amount of cronus users. basically a controller with cheats. they are often sold out thats how many use them.

all theyve done is cater for noobs in mw2. made it so aim assist is op for avg joe on a gamepad. so it sells more copies. the real funny thing is they marketing saying we made 1 billion in days the biggest ever. then work out they raised the price by £20 or 20 dollars. which is 330 million extra. which if you took that off to a normal retail price it would have done less than other past cods. they are clowns.

if you dont know you can use aim assist and set the settings to black ops. this basically makes your controller a aimbot. also what many dont realize is the amount of cronus users. basically a controller with cheats. they are often sold out thats how many use them.

all theyve done is cater for noobs in mw2. made it so aim assist is op for avg joe on a gamepad. so it sells more copies. the real funny thing is they marketing saying we made 1 billion in days the biggest ever. then work out they raised the price by £20 or 20 dollars. which is 330 million extra. which if you took that off to a normal retail price it would have done less than other past cods. they are clowns.
No it doesn't. JGOD already has a video up on it. The difference is slight at best. You still need to be on target and moving to get the slow down effect it offers. Is there a site spewing nonsense on this subject or something?

Last edited:
I suppose I'm a strange case as I'm using a series x / 120hz OLED with a keyboard and mouse rather than a controller, I agree that the aim assist is infuriating, it'd be great to match make via input method rather than platform. I've noticed quite an increase in PC/Controller combo lately.
As someone who plays both Console and PC I would agree it would be nice to get away from the entitled griefers on the PC by having console only sometimes.

Has everyone seen that 'Warzone Legacy' that they've released? You can go to this link, enter your Activision ID and it does a summary of your 2 years of Warzone!

Not sure if I should be proud of my 568 hours of gametime but the wins and gulag performance is good!

And it looks like you can get an image summary of your stats too at the end called 'Veteran Action Report'.

SSl9EmB.jpeg

Cheers for that. I will check it out when I get home tp remind myself of the one and only time I won a game of Warzone. I still remember the proud moment (of lying in the back of a van with an LMG mowing down passers by) :)

No it doesn't. JGOD already has a video up on it. The difference is slight at best.
you dont even need to aim. why you think people on pc are using gamepads ? also most of the streamers ?

thats what many people use now on gamepads.

What killstreaks are people having the most fun with? I started with UAV, Cluster bomb (great fun leaving these around choke points on multiplayer maps) and cruise missile.

I started trying the bomb drone, but it felt a bit slow. Although flying over two guys camping behind a wall and watching them scrambling trying to run away before blowing them up was pretty funny.

VTOL looks pretty devastating, saw someone get over 50 kills in one game with a few of them. Does no one else switch to launcher to shoot them down? Why does everyone just keep running under them and dying?

I mainly use UAV, precision airtrike and VTOL.

The VTOL seems a bit random though even on open maps. Sometimes it will mow everything down in the area, other times it just seems to ignore players :confused:

Last edited:
What killstreaks are people having the most fun with? I started with UAV, Cluster bomb (great fun leaving these around choke points on multiplayer maps) and cruise missile.

I started trying the bomb drone, but it felt a bit slow. Although flying over two guys camping behind a wall and watching them scrambling trying to run away before blowing them up was pretty funny.

VTOL looks pretty devastating, saw someone get over 50 kills in one game with a few of them. Does no one else switch to launcher to shoot them down? Why does everyone just keep running under them and dying?

I don't get why people don't try to shoot down air killstreaks more often. Even without launchers, if three or more people fire on a VTOL you can down it in seconds. Don't get me started on Counter UAV's, they're so easy to shoot down but it only seems to be me who goes for them.

Back
Top Bottom