Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Strange, I didn't get a notification on my pc last night. Ah well, I'll install it after work later
Funny enough mate I didn’t either. I just had a cod update then it would run, the error looked similar to the error I’ve had before when my drivers were out of date so I checked and it was there.

Just a note that the newer drivers reduce performance for me and by quite a bit.
All settings are the same for each test, I left them the same and double checked them.
I'm sure they build performance reducing bugs into newer drivers to eventually makes people upgrade their cards. Its seems to have been the case for years. Might go back to the unofficial 526.61 driver
522.25 I think I got 111 average

Low 5th GPU 84 fps
Xv3ocEQ.jpg

Low 5th GPU 73 fps
9fjmEma.jpg

Last edited:
I find the benchmark tool really doesn't translate to my actual experience playing the game, it seems to be really all over the place.

At 1080p with a 3070 and 5800x I get average of 168 and 1% low of 140 - but when I actually play the game and run RivaTune to log FPS in games I'm way more consistently around the 190 mark as my average and 1% lows stay at 140.

I find the benchmark tool really doesn't translate to my actual experience playing the game, it seems to be really all over the place.

At 1080p with a 3070 and 5800x I get average of 168 and 1% low of 140 - but when I actually play the game and run RivaTune to log FPS in games I'm way more consistently around the 190 mark as my average and 1% lows stay at 140.

Ye in game mp fps is totally different.

Your right. Seems a bit all over the place. I ran it again and performance was back up another 10fps?!

Not settings were changed

YY3xAmS.jpg

I thought it was my CPU overclock as I managed a few hours without crashing yesterday but just had another today with everything running at stock speeds. The amount of crashes I have seems directly proportional to how good a round I'm having too!

Yeh, it is much higher. Id have thought a built in 'benchmark' would give a good indication MW2 performance and be very consistent. It seems neither is true.
Terrible benchmark!
I can't work out if it's a tinfoil hat theory - but I've always had suspicions that certain in-game benchmarks are there to make us spend more money on hardware.

I haven’t read the last few pages but I had a few minor issues last night with the updates, made me restart the game a few times, moaned about corruption so had to update again. I’m running slightly older Nvidia drivers as previously advised in this thread and had the message about out of date drivers, I just clicked cancel and the game started ok after that. What’s the latest advice regarding which nvidia driver is best to use? I’m running on a laptop with an rtx3070 at 1440p to an external monitor, I have a lot of the game graphics settings turned down (I followed a guide to improve FPS). I’m comfortably getting over 100fps. Not sure whether to update to latest nvidia drivers as previous posts in this thread say they were causing major issues - have they been fixed?

Last edited:
I haven’t read the last few pages but I had a few minor issues last night with the updates, made me restart the game a few times, moaned about corruption so had to update again. I’m running slightly older Nvidia drivers as previously advised in this thread and had the message about out of date drivers, I just clicked cancel and the game started ok after that. What’s the latest advice regarding which nvidia driver is best to use? I’m running on a laptop with an rtx3070 at 1440p to an external monitor, I have a lot of the game graphics settings turned down (I followed a guide to improve FPS). I’m comfortably getting over 100fps. Not sure whether to update to latest nvidia drivers as previous posts in this thread say they were causing major issues - have they been fixed?
Ive had no issues with the latest driver (526.86) other than random FPS scores in the benchmark.
I could revert to 526.61 and 522.25, no problems.

I'm back on 526.86 and had about 10 games earlier, again, no probems

Ive had no issues with the latest driver (526.86) other than random FPS scores in the benchmark.
I could revert to 526.61 and 522.25, no problems.

I'm back on 526.86 and had about 10 games earlier, again, no probems
Ok thanks, hoping to get a few hours in later tonight after work and kids are in bed. I’ll upgrade to the latest drivers beforehand. Do you use GeForce experience or do you exclude it from being installed when installing the driver ?

Last edited:
Ok thanks, hoping to get a few hours in later tonight after work and kids are in bed. I’ll upgrade to the latest drivers beforehand. Do you use GeForce experience or do you exclude it from being installed when installing the driver ?

Driver only, Custom, Clean install with driver only. PhysX has been on 9.21.0713 for years.
526.86-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Back
Top Bottom