Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Noob question. Does 'HDR' mode require a monitor / TV that supports HDR? Or can HDR be used on any monitor/tv. Guessing it can only be used on OLED or similar screens like LG C range TVs
Yeah needs to be a HDR compatible monitor and then it'll come up under display settings:

For reference I'm using a BenQ ex3501r

I've set mine to Auto HDR so it kicks in when I load the game up, but even YouTube in HDR is incredible, I just wish there was a way for Auto HDR to kick in on windows too as non HDR content looks quite awful with it on.

Last edited:
I just watched a video about settings, It said to keep HDR off as it can add to input lag.
My monitor apparently has it but reviews said it was pretty pants so I've never tried it really. LG 27GL850 I think it is.

I just don't understand the SBMM in this game

In our crew there are 5 of us who are all old and legit useless at FPS, all around the 0.6-0.9 kd range. Why are we getting put up against absolute sweatlords who play like veterans and get 40+ kills with sod all deaths ? It feels like if you get one win, it then decides you are boss and puts you against absolute maniacs, you then get bummed for the next 5 matches before it realises you're crap and puts you in a less skilled lobby, at which point you do ok and it instantly thens put you back in a sweats lobby for the next 5 matches... and then the cycle repeats.

It didn't feel like this in the last MW, it was far better balanced.

Last edited:

In our crew there are 5 of us who are all old and legit useless at FPS, all around the 0.6-0.9 kd range. Why are we getting put up against absolute sweatlords who play like veterans and get 40+ kills with sod all deaths ? It feels like if you get one win, it then decides you are boss and puts you against absolute maniacs, you then get bummed for the next 5 matches before it realises you're crap and puts you in a less skilled lobby, at which point you do ok and it instantly thens put you back in a sweats lobby for the next 5 matches... and then the cycle repeats.

:D

MP wise I usually play alone, SMBB for me at least seems to work most of the time.
Usually come in the top 3 with a KD of around 1.25. Like you say though, sometimes you do well and win then get thrown into a lobby where you get spit roasted from every angle and come last.

On another note minus performance cant seem to find a consistent loadout one minute gun feels amazing the next it constant hit markers.

Using elite series 2 controller and cant get my aim 100% where I want it used PS5 controller aswell no joy.

Either im getting old (36) or need to camp more.
Have you tried the blank ops aim assist settings? Check done YouTube videos there's a lot to tweak for controllers

Was just away to say the same after a bit more time playing.
I've also noticed what someone said earlier about guns feeling good one game then the next, It's like a potato gun.
Not sure if its server issues or what but that last game, I would see someone run past a minute then the next frame they are half through the windiow and behind me.

I've been playing this on my 3080 system for the most part but I had a few rounds on my 6900xt yesterday. No crashes, higher FPS and a sharper/prettier image. I know the 6900xt is a different tier of card so fair enough with the FPS but the image quality and stability surprised me.

Anyone else have issue with sound, unable hear any footsteps, people come up behind me unable to hear them at all?

Zia
Yeah I think they have issues with sound. The beta was great for sound but they have since made changes due to the complaints and it seems massively worse now.

The most frustrating thing to come against in Search. Riot shield with a lockwood shotgun, just infuriating.

Thermite's as well! They work really well.
I agree. Nothing in more satisfying in Warzone / Modern Warfare than someone with a riot shield smugly crouch walking toward you and throwing a stick of thermite at them

Could be them using dead silence?
I use dead silence. I have however noticed the occasional time when my footsteps disappear for a second or 2 without dead silence enabled. It seems to be on Taraq the map, could that just be walking over patches of sand where footsteps would be dulled or hardly heard in real life?

Anyone else have issue with sound, unable hear any footsteps, people come up behind me unable to hear them at all?

Zia
earlier I was watching a door, my team mate stood behind me died, I then died a moment later, literally zero sound, in the kill cam he just full sprayed both of us and I didn’t hear a thing lol.

I use dead silence. I have however noticed the occasional time when my footsteps disappear for a second or 2 without dead silence enabled. It seems to be on Taraq the map, could that just be walking over patches of sand where footsteps would be dulled or hardly heard in real life?
You'd think footsteps would change dependent on the surface.

End of round weapon xp update gone for everyone? Used to show xp then new attachments.

Is there a way to see results of previous games? I just won a TDM game with 20 kills and 6 deaths and forgot to screen shot it to show off to my sons (I'm usually rubbish so it's a special occasion!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom