Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

I had a rubbish COD day yesterday. Played Warzone BR Duos with a mate, we didnt do very well. DMZ was the same. was good fun still.

Then he left and i did some multiplayer team deathmatch. I was awful, and yet, game after game, i'm in with these people winning at 25 kills with a K/D of 5+ SBMM is still rubbish.

Tried to do the daily achievements, for the last bit, i needed 8 "longshots" or 3 kills with thermite. After an hour of pure frustration, i'd managed 1 longshot (i can get them regularly normally, on the right map) but zero thermite kills. Over WZ1, WZ2 and MW2 multiplayer, my success rate with any "lethal" equipment, must be less than 0.1% yet i'm getting flash grenaded loads, every match and i die plenty to other lethals.

Any tips to this? it seems so difficult to me to get any results with the grenades and stuff, that i barely ever use them. as a result, i dont get any practise with them.

Use the drill charge and throw it directly at an enemy, it'll stick and kill them.

Or use Semtex. Molotov's are only useful for capture points or shield users.

Last edited:
I had a rubbish COD day yesterday. Played Warzone BR Duos with a mate, we didnt do very well. DMZ was the same. was good fun still.

Then he left and i did some multiplayer team deathmatch. I was awful, and yet, game after game, i'm in with these people winning at 25 kills with a K/D of 5+ SBMM is still rubbish.

Tried to do the daily achievements, for the last bit, i needed 8 "longshots" or 3 kills with thermite. After an hour of pure frustration, i'd managed 1 longshot (i can get them regularly normally, on the right map) but zero thermite kills. Over WZ1, WZ2 and MW2 multiplayer, my success rate with any "lethal" equipment, must be less than 0.1% yet i'm getting flash grenaded loads, every match and i die plenty to other lethals.

Any tips to this? it seems so difficult to me to get any results with the grenades and stuff, that i barely ever use them. as a result, i dont get any practise with them.

Thermite works great against those annoying Shield Warriors - sticks to the shield and they burn. Drill charge, Semtex and Molotovs also work well v the shields. If you play Multiplayer especially capture modes, it will not be long before you run into the Shields.

I find Semtex a very good lethal on Multiplayer. Also, the proximity charges - when you find the good places to stick them (e.g. just around corners and on stairs and near the capture points) on those maps you will get plenty of regular kills, and 90% of players are not quick enough to hit the floor when they trigger them.

Claymores seem to be a bit less successful but can still work when well placed.

I'm enjoying the Molotovs at the moment because the fire effects look great and they can block choke points. I have noticed that throwing lethals seems to be a bit slower than in previous games, so you need to be quick or you get shot. Or just plant proximities in popular places or use them to guard your back.

I agree, they need to sack off the AI.
Beef the servers up and have 250 player matches instead.

A few days ago we did a trios and found an old swimming pool which is now marshlands / a pond with a diving board. We took it in turns diving off with the prone jump whilst spinning around.
No-one was around, didnt see or hear anyone for a good 10 minutes. That wouldnt have happened in Warzone 1

Was anyone aware that in Warzone 2 dead players can talk in text chat to players that are still alive?

I was watching someone and typed "reload" thinking they wouldnt/couldnt see it. He/she then reloaded and gave me a nod of recognition!

A few days ago we did a trios and found an old swimming pool which is now marshlands / a pond with a diving board. We took it in turns diving off with the prone jump whilst spinning around.
No-one was around, didnt see or hear anyone for a good 10 minutes. That wouldnt have happened in Warzone 1
I think quite a few people will go back to WZ1 when they bring it back up end of the month of purposely turning it off.

I personally think WZ2 is horrible and not anywhere near as good as WZ1.

I think quite a few people will go back to WZ1 when they bring it back up end of the month of purposely turning it off.

I personally think WZ2 is horrible and not anywhere near as good as WZ1.
Is that because there is no plunder in WZ2 ? It is primarily a BR game after all but it could use some respawn mode for levelling/unlocking weapons.

Is that because there is no plunder in WZ2 ? It is primarily a BR game after all but it could use some respawn mode for levelling/unlocking weapons.
Well it would be nice for Plunder, But no i think in general having played some WZ2 BR its really not feeling fun, Not compared to WZ1 was, Again personal opinion.

Soon as WZ1 servers are back from deliberately been turned off, Il go back to playing WZ1 BR & Plunder.

Plunder would be good because every single game I have played of WZ 2 had been over in less time than it took to load the game. The parts of the map I have seen have looked good but the experience has been zero out of ten so far. Multiplayer and campaign are great though.

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of the gun levelling strat in Warzone that will likely get patched - I tried it last night and got a gun from Level 1 to 21 in 1 game.

Drop in to the game, head straight to a safecracker contract - collect as much money as possible - you want ideally 30k+ so do multiple contracts and loot up for cash. Then get the gun you want in your hands (buy it if it isnt available as floor loot) then once you have it in your hands, spend all your money on armour plates, just spam buy them until you have spent all your cash. You get weapon XP for buying them each time and if you have a double weapon xp token active it will max out the gun - if not it might need about 60k or a couple of matches.

Anyone know if this works in DMZ ?

Back
Top Bottom