Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Is it really a killer ? DMZ is casual as hell, gear has no real value or worth and is incredibly easy to find, does anyone really care when they die or lose gear ?
I’d say less of a killer compared to Tarkov where your loot is valuable after you exfil - but probably a killer in terms of just not an enjoyable experience to know that you might crash at any time making the whole time a bit worthless.

Evening all, for those experiencing crashes I recommend relaxing your RAM timings. I had mine at 16-16-16- 38 and would have CONSTANT crashes, almost inevitable to get one a day, turned off XMP, manually set to 16-18-18-18-40 and I can count on one hand how many times I've crashed since.

I've not had a single crash in this game despite undervolting my 3080 and running it at 2040mhz core, 12900k at 5.4ghz and ddr5 at 6000mhz 76,36,36,30. But I put a lot of time and expertise into setting my system up.

Only Issue I've had is at the end of some prisoner rescue rounds I get 1fps and no hub until I use a kill streak..

No crashes for the past 20 odd games of Warzone 2 for me. Mixes of solos, duos, unhinged trios and quads. Just played 4 quads games in a row, didnt do too bad top 10 in 3 of them
Running really well (apart from first 3-5 seconds of first parachute opening where fps dips to almost 0 and latency about 6000 :D)

Advise would be GPU driver install only 527.37 and reset all your overclocks / undervolts to stock settings. If it works with overclocked/undervolted settings, great, if not then disable them first

Not getting as much time to play this as I would like but making good progress with the guns. I'm not going to go for all the camos again this time but slowly working my way through all the guns. I've got all but 1 marksman rifle to Max level (The EBR14) and all but 1 SMG to max level (the one that looks like the MP7)

Next stop is the battle rifles. I didn't enjoy them in the Core playlist but in Tier 1 they'll probably be very good. Haven't even touched the shotguns, LMGs or Sniper rifles yet!

Not getting as much time to play this as I would like but making good progress with the guns. I'm not going to go for all the camos again this time but slowly working my way through all the guns. I've got all but 1 marksman rifle to Max level (The EBR14) and all but 1 SMG to max level (the one that looks like the MP7)

Next stop is the battle rifles. I didn't enjoy them in the Core playlist but in Tier 1 they'll probably be very good. Haven't even touched the shotguns, LMGs or Sniper rifles yet!
Think the 'Vel' is the MP7. That's the default SMG and my most used weapon and the one I levelled up to max first.
Have you not unlocked many ARs yet?

My unlock path started out trying to get the M16 so had to work through the M4 platoform (M4, Icarus LMG then M16) same to get the FSS Hurricane. I actually prefer this system as it makes you try other guns instead of just doing a boring grind with one weapon

The time I get to play this at the moment seems to be 1030pm so have just been soloing in Tier 1 doing camo's. Currently got 6 Gold SMG's with almost 8 - the point blank kills are the WORST challenge! Doubt I will go down the polyatomic route but it would be nice to platinum the ar and smg's over the life of the game.

Think the 'Vel' is the MP7. That's the default SMG and my most used weapon and the one I levelled up to max first.
Have you not unlocked many ARs yet?

My unlock path started out trying to get the M16 so had to work through the M4 platoform (M4, Icarus LMG then M16) same to get the FSS Hurricane. I actually prefer this system as it makes you try other guns instead of just doing a boring grind with one weapon

I've only really used the ARs in order to unlock other guns. I fully levelled the M4 but I don't think I've done any others. I'd just get them to the level to unlock a different receiver and then move on.

Typically I stick to SMGs or single shot guns so the ARs usually don't get done until the end as I find them a bit boring. Same case for LMGs

Last edited:
18/51 Gold Guns for me.

Watched a few videos on the best strategies to be the most efficient. General view seems to be max out every weapon then proceed with the hardest first.

With the introduction of the new guns (Bas-P, M13, XMR Sniper) these count towards the 51 so you are not required to do the dreaded JOKR.

If I had the time to play each evening I probably would go for the Damascus grind, or whatever it's called in this one, as it's quite fun trying all the weapons

I just don't really care this time haha

Is it really a killer ? DMZ is casual as hell, gear has no real value or worth and is incredibly easy to find, does anyone really care when they die or lose gear ?
When you lose your large backpack, it can take a good while to find another one and they cost something like 30k in the shop so you can’t even buy one unless you complete a few contracts which is tricky solo. The small backpack can’t even hold a weapon and has very little space for picking up stuff to earn money to buy a large backpack. I’m sure it’s much easier if you have a reliable squad, but that almost never happens with randomers.

Plus you lose your 3 plate armour vest and you’re playing solo and have no one to res you which is a major drawback. One plate is never enough, even the AI can drop you in two shots from miles away so it’s hard to grind back and then if you buy a better vest you can’t afford a big backpack too.

You lose your contraband weapons permanently, so that class golden gun I picked up from the operator I killed during that legendary Exfil yesterday, that is gone forever.

Also, my own insured weapon, the fully upgraded sniper rifle that actually gives you a chance solo, that’s gone on a cooldown for two hours, which could be the next 4-6 matches if you don’t get lucky and I don’t have any other silenced sniper rifles in contraband so that’s another setback. So yes of course it is a pain.

Because the game keeps crashing.

If you die in DMZ, fair enough, but when you play a near-perfect game, and somehow get through everything solo and kill a whole squad of spec-ops and are carrying the prisoner to the Exfil chopper or when you finally killed the Chemist solo and barely survived and are sprinting to the Exfil with that lovely yellow gun that you have been trying to get for weeks and the flipping game crashes yet again when I am 20 metres from the Exfil and you lose everything – purely because the game keeps crashing – yes of course it is a pain.

18/51 Gold Guns for me.

Watched a few videos on the best strategies to be the most efficient. General view seems to be max out every weapon then proceed with the hardest first.

With the introduction of the new guns (Bas-P, M13, XMR Sniper) these count towards the 51 so you are not required to do the dreaded JOKR.
Does that mean you can sack off the riot shield as well!?

Who’s managed to do the nuke challenge? We got 3 wins in a row earlier on but then died in our next 5 games.
We've managed to get to 4 in a row but couldn't win the 5th. We've on 2 in a row a few times now but 5 is rough.

Not sure how they expect anyone to do it outside of the streamers or people that live on the game. We're all pretty handy, on WZ 1 we all had a 20%+ win rate on and all over 2.5ish KDs - but this game definitely has a bit more of a random element to it.

We've managed to get to 4 in a row but couldn't win the 5th. We've on 2 in a row a few times now but 5 is rough.

Not sure how they expect anyone to do it outside of the streamers or people that live on the game. We're all pretty handy, on WZ 1 we all had a 20%+ win rate on and all over 2.5ish KDs - but this game definitely has a bit more of a random element to it.
Christ I need to play with (I mean be carried by) you!

Christ I need to play with (I mean be carried by) you!
Me too!

Any of you play normal Warzone 2? I see different people on quite a lot but mainly DMZ and multiplayer. I tend to just use multi to grind a weapon / attachment now and WZ2 the rest of the time
DMZ seems interesting but looks like it takes a lot longer. Also, I find killing bots is just rather dull (same reason I avoid strongholds in WZ2)

Back
Top Bottom