Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Last two games of DMZ both crashed literally within seconds of getting to the Exfil. One team mate disappeared early on too so looks like he crashed as well. Why so many many crashes?

Last two games of DMZ both crashed literally within seconds of getting to the Exfil. One team mate disappeared early on too so looks like he crashed as well. Why so many many crashes?
Guessing you have a Nvidia card? The current crashes are specific to that brand.

Try redoing the shaders and turning off Reflex.

Last edited:
Guessing you have a Nvidia card? The current crashes are specific to that brand.

Try redoing the shaders and turning off Reflex.

No I have an AMD card (6800 in sig), I know DMZ is supposedly still in beta but people are still getting regular crashes in Multiplayer too (usually during a mapchange for me - which is no big deal v a DMZ crash 20 minutes in when you are 30 seconds away from the Exfil which is understandably infuriating!).

No I have an AMD card (6800 in sig), I know DMZ is supposedly still in beta but people are still getting regular crashes in Multiplayer too (usually during a mapchange for me - which is no big deal v a DMZ crash 20 minutes in when you are 30 seconds away from the Exfil which is understandably infuriating!).
DMZ crashes will kill that game mode. I'm avoiding it until fixed.

For the regular crashes I have tried:
  • Turning shaders to low
  • Turn off On-Demand Texture streaming
  • Check integrity of game files (they were all fine)
  • Restart shader optimisation
  • Drivers are up to date
  • Including helpful and amusing comments in the bug report for the devs so they are motivated to fix the many, many crashes every day
DMZ is beautiful and brilliant and runs really well mostly but the crashes are a major issue. The crashes are far too regular and in DMZ you lose all your gear and everything too which is a killer.

I had tried restarting the game (and my whole system) in between games and I thought that was working (memory leaks?) but last night one of the DMZ matches crashed only minutes in, right after a system restart. :confused:

Then I had three games in a row last night where it felt like the best game ever. Absolutely exhilarating.

I've not had crashes in Warzone 2 for some times now. Should I be aware of anything specific to DMZ as have never played it? Will give it a go to see if I have any issues.

There are bugs, but for me they only seem to be related to the benchmark when changing graphics settings (Dev errors and in game crashes to desktop which can be reported)

Those whos game crashes playing DMZ, does Warzone also crash?

Last edited:
I've not had crashes in Warzone 2 for some times now. Should I be aware of anything specific to DMZ as have never played it? Will give it a go to see if I have any issues.

There are bugs, but for me they only seem to be related to the benchmark when changing graphics settings (Dev errors and in game crashes to desktop which can be reported)

I had several crashes in every game on WZ, Switched off DLSS and it seemed to sort it. At least I managed to finish a game with it off.

I have all modes crash, including single player.

I've resorted to BF2042 until they figure out what it is and release a patch either for COD or NVIDIA to sort the issues as it's also causing some sort of memory leak in Windows causing my graphics card to become unresponsive at random intervals with errors like:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.
\Device\Video3
Resetting TDR occurred on GPUID:2b00
:(

Last edited:
I have all modes crash, including single player.

I've resorted to BF2042 until they figure out what it is and release a patch either for COD or NVIDIA to sort the issues as it's also causing some sort of memory leak in Windows causing my graphics card to become unresponsive at random intervals with errors like:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.
\Device\Video3
Resetting TDR occurred on GPUID:2b00
:(
event id14? Sure I had that years ago. I used DDU to remove nvidia drivers properly then installed driver only (no other geforce experience or anything) left GPU at stock settings, no undervolt or anything then it was fine

event id14? Sure I had that years ago. I used DDU to remove nvidia drivers properly then installed driver only (no other geforce experience or anything) left GPU at stock settings, no undervolt or anything then it was fine
I may try DDU and fresh install also. I think the past few drivers updates, I didn't bother with DDU.

Certainly would recommend DDU and 527.37 driver.
Geforce experience caused issues for me in the past, at least I think it was that. Ran DDU and re-installed the same driver version without GFE and things worked.

I don't think I've installed GFE for a long time now. Will give DDU a try.
I used it for a while in Warzone 1. Was great for capturing the last ~10 seconds when something good or funny happened. It did cause performance problems though as would sometimes jolt/stutter/hitch when recording on my 2080Ti. Maybe its different on my newer GPU but it still something else to throw into the mix to cause crashes or performance issues

I used it for a while in Warzone 1. Was great for capturing the last ~10 seconds when something good or funny happened. It did cause performance problems though as would sometimes jolt/stutter/hitch when recording on my 2080Ti. Maybe its different on my newer GPU but it still something else to throw into the mix to cause crashes or performance issues
I think I used it for filters for a while then couldn't be bothered after a while. Like you say, Performance hit wasn't worth it.

It's not unfortunately.

I did a DDU, which didn't work, then a full re-install of Windows and still the same issues unfortunately :(
Literally only happens in COD. CyberPunk and BF2042 both work fine, no overclocking at all.

GFE is installed, but no overlays/captures or anything in use, so will try a new DDU and remove GFE and see how that goes, but must be game specific which is annoying!

When you do get a good game in DMZ, it is absolutely fantastic. Sometimes it is impossible solo but when it does work out, it is incredible. Tremendous fun.
I had 1 game in DMZ. Had no idea what i was doing but found it interesting picking up random items like blow torches, jumper cables, computer parts and food :confused:
:o
No crashes though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom