Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

I'm in the minority but I hate what Warzone has done and now become. It's obviously printing money of IW/Activision so I know it's never going anywhere but it's completely ruined the regular MP. MP is now just the ******* step-child and gets no focus at all.

Having enough fun with this but I think had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered buying MW2 as the regular MP is barely getting any support.

Me too!

Any of you play normal Warzone 2? I see different people on quite a lot but mainly DMZ and multiplayer. I tend to just use multi to grind a weapon / attachment now and WZ2 the rest of the time
DMZ seems interesting but looks like it takes a lot longer. Also, I find killing bots is just rather dull (same reason I avoid strongholds in WZ2)
I'm always on shoothouse now as I'm being a nerd and camo grinding, but happy to give WZ2 a go if we can get a squad?

Same, I've been avoiding WZ2 as I've been having crashes a lot, so stuck to MP grinding the weapons, but more than happy to give WZ2 a go now I 'think' I've sorted my crashing out.*

*For anyone interested, I remove XMP profile from RAM and manually adjusted from 3600 to 3433 (which apparently is more optimised for AMD) and had no crashes since.

I'm in the minority but I hate what Warzone has done and now become. It's obviously printing money of IW/Activision so I know it's never going anywhere but it's completely ruined the regular MP. MP is now just the ******* step-child and gets no focus at all.

Having enough fun with this but I think had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered buying MW2 as the regular MP is barely getting any support.
What "support" do you want less than 2 months into a games release?

MP lobbies are still full and problem free compared to the crash fest of Warzone and DMZ.

What "support" do you want less than 2 months into a games release?

MP lobbies are still full and problem free compared to the crash fest of Warzone and DMZ.

Preferably a full roster of MP maps seeing as the Museum, which now in hindsight is one of the better maps in the game, was cut. And what treats do we get for S1? Shoothouse and shipment. Maps that have been played to death over the course of MW19 and neither are maps from the original MW2. Hell, I can count on one hand how many times Shoothouse has come up on the Tier 1 playlist. And then saying that, Tier1 is a stepback from true Hardcore in all the other games.

It's only going to get worse from here on in for someone like myself who has zero interest in WZ/DMZ.

I just want some actual good maps. I haven't found a single map that I really *love* yet. They'd only need to bring a few of the original MW2 maps back and it would transform the game

Is it wrong for me to like Invasion Game mode? :o

I tend to play 30-45 minutes of Shoothouse to "warm up" and then hit Invasion.

I only used to play multiplayer in MW1. I stayed away from Ground War and gave WZ a wide berth.

Might try Ground War in MW2 at the weekend.

Still have zero interest in WZ.

I only used to play multiplayer in MW1. I stayed away from Ground War and gave WZ a wide berth.

It has BF vibes, I don't mind it but only had a few rounds before getting bored.

Christ I need to play with (I mean be carried by) you!
It honestly comes and goes in waves. There are nights where we win almost all our games and finish top 3 or 5 in almost every game with lots of kills and decent rotations - and then other nights where we just can't catch a break and we'll die off drop or we'll get a really frustrating zone rotation.

This game is 100% more about positioning and having high ground / the zone at the earliest point.

It's kind of killing the end game for me because it's just luck depending on the zone movement.
Yup, we've just won a game now purely because the zone pulled up the hill where we were and there was no way for the 3 teams that were lower down to get to the new zone in any way at all. If the zone had gone anywhere else we'd have likely lost because we have to jump and parachute from our height advantage.

I played so much PUBG (like 800 hours...) and I don't ever remember the final circle movement being so important in that game. By the time you got to the end game it was all about meds, snoke grenades, level 3 helmets and making a pick.

I'm a bit biased but I do think that the final zone movement should be replaced with the standard 'final zone just gets smaller' approach that they do in PUBG and in Apex. I know Fortnite handles it differently, but that game allows for repositioning in a much more balanced way with grapple guns, impulse grenades etc. whereas in WZ2 right now, if you get a rough zone pull in the final circle you've just lost unless the other team makes an obvious mistake.

Still enjoying the game, frustrating that it feels like a beta at times but hopefully they continue to make improvements.

I do the reverse, use Invasion as a warm up and then play Shoothouse. Other maps are too slow for my liking, plus a lot more campy. Invasion is a fun mode though. I'm going to give Groundwar a go too, haven't tried it for a while.

We've managed to get to 4 in a row but couldn't win the 5th. We've on 2 in a row a few times now but 5 is rough.

Not sure how they expect anyone to do it outside of the streamers or people that live on the game. We're all pretty handy, on WZ 1 we all had a 20%+ win rate on and all over 2.5ish KDs - but this game definitely has a bit more of a random element to it.
Managed a solo win earlier with 17 kills, then got 1 kill in my next 3 games, so inconsistent :p

We’re back on tomorrow morning to try the nuke challenge again.

Back
Top Bottom