Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Are there any possibly UK based clans that i can join, im not hugely amazing, have my moments, so just looking for a clan to have fun playing warzone most nights?
We don’t normally get to play during the evenings but we’re about most weekends if you want to join, just depends if one of us are absent as we only really play quads.

Associate
Managed to get 5 wins in a row for the nuke contract - but didn't manage to get it done in our 3 attempts.

Probably didn't help that I crashed in the first attempt the moment the game launched... but the next 2 attempts were rough, it felt like we were just missing the co-ordination and strategy for it a bit. They also removed the Birdseye perk which we were all using as it was absolutely the best perk in the game.

Likely will give it another go at some stage! We've found we can get 2 to 3 wins in a row relatively frequently, it's just turning it into a 5 streak that is really tough. You need a bit of luck with the initial zone / flight path, stronghold locations, Black site location and then the final zone pulls. If you get everything going against you then it can be a proper slog.

Soldato
Had an intense but amazing DMZ game with some friends.

We had died in the previous game so we load in near sarifs bay with nothing, but a single contraband weapon. We spot another team nearby across the pier, so we go after them since we have nothing to lose. With some good positioning and them coming at us, we manage to take them out. I grab a thermal scoped sniper rifle from one of the guys we killed (this will be very useful later on).

We are trying to do that mission were you need to buy precision air strikes, so we head off to the nearest shop in sawah village. Its next to a building that is overlooked by the large blue hotel that is partially flooded. One guy is browsing the shop while me and another mate is in open ground moving to another area while taking shots at the bots.

My mate next to me goes down, cracked by a sniper. I turn around and beeline it for the shop, which is the only cover I have. One guy mentions that there is a sniper on the roof of the hotel but it turns out there is another dude prone next to the shop with a sniper rifle. I go down in one from a headshot.

Our third guy happened to be round the corner of the building from where this prone sniper is. With some guidance he comes round the building and lays waste to this sniper and manages to revive me.

Now this guy tries to do this dirty trick which caught us out before (hence my questions about joining teams a few pages back), if a dead player requests help/join your team, it changes the button prompts for looting. So normally looting is tap f to open their backpack, but it is changed to hold f, and tap f adds them to your team. Now all of you guys know incase someone tries it on you.

So its two of us hiding behind this one building and a sniper overlooking our position. It is open ground in all directions with heavily armoured bots being dropped in the buildings nearby.

The shop didn't have precision airstrikes but it did have 3 regular UAV, so we can se the sniper has one mate who is trying to flank us but is up against all bots that are being dropped in.

I'm taking shots with my sniper rifle at the sniper overlooking our position and succesfully crack plates on this sniper. It would have been harder without the thermal scope because only the top of his head is showing over these high walls. The thermal scope makes it so easy to see him. Eventually he runs out of plates and I down him.

We wait a bit not sure what is going, then buy another UAV and pop it. His team mate who hasn't made much progress in flanking us has run back to his friend to revive him and is scaling the building. I run to the building with the hopes of getting the jump on them but my friend reminds me it is too late and that if i go up it will just be two on one.

I decide to run to some nearby buildings that overlook the shop where my mate is and gives me an angle on the hotel roof top. As I arrive, the second guy on the roof parachutes (seen via the third and final UAV) to the shop and dukes it out with my mate, unfortunately my mate dies. 2 v 1, and all i have is a sniper and a Fennec.

I'm set up and watching the doorway through the scope, and I can see him running around inside the building looking for me, so I atleast have the element of surprise. He cautiously comes out the building through the doorway I am watching. Boom, I cracked his plates.

I switch to the fennec and sprint to the building, his mate doesn't seem to know where I am because I hear no shots from him. As I approach the door I throw a grenade into the adjacent room and then sweep the first room as I enter. I catch him as he is in the plate loading animation and just gun him down, before the animation finishes.

I go to my mate in the adjacent room to revive him before the other guy decides to join us. Our third guy who has been a spectator in all of this shouts, "he is coming, I hear footsteps". I manage to leave the revive animation just in time to see him walk round the corner. My trigger finger is faster and down he goes.

I start reviving my friend again, as I am doing this, the timer ends and the radiation zone starts to expand. We still need to revive our third guy, who is in open ground, overlooks by heavy bots and some how get to the extraction zone, of which there is only one available to us. After a few minutes we get our third guy.

We now have two options, go to the final exfil site which almost certainly has players camping it or try and do a hostage rescue which is by the fortress and has the commander flying overhead.

Hostage rescue it is. We buy an LTV and drive down. We pick up the contract and head to the hostage building. At this point the timer has started for final exfil plane to leave and we have just got to the building. With the count down timer right in our face, the pressure is on.

One guy goes down as three heavies are sat in the room looking at the only door in. We clear it out, get our guy and the hostage and race down to the beach front, where the exfil chopper is landing. The exfil chopper leaves as the final timer gets down to single digits.

Here is the map on our way out

final-exfil.png

I didn't think this post would be soo long...

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally found one other player for DMZ, great fun last night, 6 successful games in a row so got loads of perks too, if they’re working.

DMZ is a such different game with a team. Or even one other player and a mute random assistant who at least attracts some of the fire. Less exciting/stressful but it’s good fun, there were times when it was downright relaxing for a few moments, having team mates around. Makes the Exfils so much easier too, I don’t think I ever managed 6 Exfils in a row solo although I was lucky there were no crashes last night either.

Bomb Drone is great fun – I hadn’t used it much before but it’s great for finding the camper firing at you. Watching them scramble to try and run away from it is hilarious! :D

Commissario
Managed to get 5 wins in a row for the nuke contract - but didn't manage to get it done in our 3 attempts.

Probably didn't help that I crashed in the first attempt the moment the game launched... but the next 2 attempts were rough, it felt like we were just missing the co-ordination and strategy for it a bit. They also removed the Birdseye perk which we were all using as it was absolutely the best perk in the game.

Likely will give it another go at some stage! We've found we can get 2 to 3 wins in a row relatively frequently, it's just turning it into a 5 streak that is really tough. You need a bit of luck with the initial zone / flight path, stronghold locations, Black site location and then the final zone pulls. If you get everything going against you then it can be a proper slog.
Lol I haven't even got 1 win on Warzone 2, let alone going for 5 in a row

Associate
We don’t normally get to play during the evenings but we’re about most weekends if you want to join, just depends if one of us are absent as we only really play quads.
Thanks for the offer mate, im usually quite busy most weekend nights, second job and all.

Associate
Lol I haven't even got 1 win on Warzone 2, let alone going for 5 in a row
Once you get into a routine, they sort of all fit a format! It's obviously never going to be the same every time but if you have a relatively similar strategy and approach then you'll get a win for sure.

We typically drop relatively central or we drop near where we know a stronghold can spawn. Once you've survived the drop, do a stronghold and get your loadout + streaks/backpacks/selfs then buy a secondary weapon from a nearby buy station. Fly to the black site, complete the black site and pick up gold gas masks and another 400 self revives and air strikes. Then, depending on black site location, stay there for the entire game using the UAV that pings off the black site!

If the black site is then out of the zone we typically move to where we'd find kill contracts / power positions and then just follow the final zones in.

This game is so much more about zone positioning than anything else and you can win/lose a game on the final few zones just by getting lucky with the zone pulls. Just make sure you always have an airstrike for the last zone, it's so important for forcing teams in better positions to move into worse positions.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting really low GPU usage. Had a look on Google and it seems loads of people are the same. It's making the game stutter. But the FPS it always around 120.

Any fixes? GPU is a 3080 and CPU is 12700k both stock and temps are good :/

Soldato
You got motion blur enabled?

Turned it off.

Settings are on high. Then turned shadows and motion blur off. Always turn blur off. I don't like it anyway but GPU usage jumps up and down like a lie detector.

If I move my mouse around it smooth then stutter, smooth, stutter just like the GPU usage.

Benchmarks are fine and 1 other game I've played is fine. It's a new to me GPU

Associate
Turned it off.

Settings are on high. Then turned shadows and motion blur off. Always turn blur off. I don't like it anyway but GPU usage jumps up and down like a lie detector.

If I move my mouse around it smooth then stutter, smooth, stutter just like the GPU usage.

Benchmarks are fine and 1 other game I've played is fine. It's a new to me GPU

Turn weapon motion blur on, found the fix on reddit and stopped all stutters and crashes for me, strange one but works.

Soldato
7 Double kills within 10 seconds on the Riot Shield and then I have done 51 platinum challenges. Longshots can absolutely do one!
Although it was quite fun playing invasion to do the sniper longshots

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone else getting crashes in Warzone? When the plane starts flying across the map at the start? I was running my 3080 with a really great underclock and dlss quality at 1440p. I turn on dlaa for the higher image quality and all of a sudden crashes even after going back to stock. My guess is maybe the extra heat from running at closer to 100% usage is making the system memory unstable... with dlss I had no crashes for ages. Have any of the recent patches made the game unstable?

On 528.02

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom