Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Once you get into a routine, they sort of all fit a format! It's obviously never going to be the same every time but if you have a relatively similar strategy and approach then you'll get a win for sure.

We typically drop relatively central or we drop near where we know a stronghold can spawn. Once you've survived the drop, do a stronghold and get your loadout + streaks/backpacks/selfs then buy a secondary weapon from a nearby buy station. Fly to the black site, complete the black site and pick up gold gas masks and another 400 self revives and air strikes. Then, depending on black site location, stay there for the entire game using the UAV that pings off the black site!

If the black site is then out of the zone we typically move to where we'd find kill contracts / power positions and then just follow the final zones in.

This game is so much more about zone positioning than anything else and you can win/lose a game on the final few zones just by getting lucky with the zone pulls. Just make sure you always have an airstrike for the last zone, it's so important for forcing teams in better positions to move into worse positions.
That sounds great but five in a row! Holy crap. I have died so many times on the drop alone. Granted most games are mini trios with randoms.

Soldato
Sorry if this is a silly question but are the double XP tokens essentially pointless after a while if they don't count towards the battle pass? After unlocking the weapons up to level 60 or so do you get anything for levelling higher except a higher level?

Soldato
Sorry if this is a silly question but are the double XP tokens essentially pointless after a while if they don't count towards the battle pass? After unlocking the weapons up to level 60 or so do you get anything for levelling higher except a higher level?
Once you’re level 250, have guns max level and the BP is complete then yeah they’re useless.

Season 2 starts in a few days and it all resets.

Soldato
Seems barely anything is.

It's absurd that those of us who paid for the actual regular multiplayer are getting bugger all but for those that enjoy the free Warzone/DMZ they're getting everything they want and then some.

****** me off, if I'm honest.
@Junglist did you just kill me and my mate after he told you there were 5 of us?

Soldato
I heard they're getting rid of medium and large backpacks in Warzone, is that also for DMZ?

I need about 10 -12 plates just for the AI alone. I don't see how it would work with only small backpacks? You would not be able to carry anything else at all, that can't be right?

I heard they're getting rid of medium and large backpacks in Warzone, is that also for DMZ?

I need about 10 -12 plates just for the AI alone. I don't see how it would work with only small backpacks? You would not be able to carry anything else at all, that can't be right?
No the last time I saw anything it was Warzone that was losing them. Stop people from hoarding kill streaks. Makes sense.

Soldato
Well just learnt of another bug in DMZ to ruin your playthrough.

Mate gets killed by a solo guy. We take this guy down and proceed to revive our mate. As soon as the revive is finished the client kicks him from the game. All his gear and progress gone and we were on a roll this evening. No body so we can’t recover his guns.

He looked it up and seems to be a bug other players have encountered (similar chain of events).

So if your game doesn’t crash it will boot you from the server just to make sure you get your regular dose of being screwed over.

Thanks Activision.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well just learnt of another bug in DMZ to ruin your playthrough.

Mate gets killed by a solo guy. We take this guy down and proceed to revive our mate. As soon as the revive is finished the client kicks him from the game. All his gear and progress gone and we were on a roll this evening. No body so we can’t recover his guns.

He looked it up and seems to be a bug other players have encountered (similar chain of events).

So if your game doesn’t crash it will boot you from the server just to make sure you get your regular dose of being screwed over.

Thanks Activision.
It is still a beta game mode though, I'm sure they'll fix it in the coming years.

Man of Honour
Anyone on Amd getting bad frame drops? I'm on a 5600x / 6800 and normally get around 150+ at 1440p but I'm getting lots of stuttering when it drops to 30. Normally when I'm parachutting but also just walking around sometimes. It isn't constant but very annoying.

Wanted to roll back drivers but it won't let you load the game with old ones annoyingly.

I did a fairly cheap gaming build before Christmas with a 5800x3D (that cache is great in MSFS) and the AS Rock 6900XT that was on offer for about £650 - Until this last few days Warzone 2 had been excellent easily running at 130-155 FPS in 1440p on highest settings.
Since last weekend its been dire - struggling to get over 100, no idea whats caused it as the AMD Drivers haven't updated since November - I can only assume that a Warzone update has borked something as I'm not seeing any issues in other games.

Soldato
I've rarely played many games of WZ2 really but managed a few on Sunday. I noticed since the last update, Every time I deployed from the plane, It would freeze for around a second or two before returning to normal. 5800X3D and RTX3080.

Back
Top Bottom