Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Managed to get a speedy 5 win streak yesterday in duos to try the nuke contract again and it went slightly better!

We got 2 of the elements, managed to locate the nuke site and deposit both into the nuke thing but then getting the third and depositing it was just impossible. You've got the entire lobby against you at that point and the moment you pick it up it triggers a jailbreak...!

Definitely a bit more comfortable with knowing what to do now (essentially start the contract, then treat it like a normal game until you've done stronghold/black site) so hopefully we can string together another streak and have another crack at it.

Just passed the 50 win mark now as well!

Soldato
Me and a friend was playing yesterday and the server just went into meltdown, pings in the range of 150-200 AI didn't seem to see us as we glitched past them, like walked right infront of them that is, it was so comical I couldn't stop laughing, then when the chopper came in we hopped on but a few randoms jumped in too, I got killed and mananged to revive and killed 2 of them, the game is so much fun but so frustrating with bugs, crashes when you go in with insured weapons only to loose them within seconds sometimes.

I'd prefer to keep the insured weapon (just the one) and go back in again to get plates, self revivis etc then start the missions, half the time we get smashed as soon as we deploy and go into a built up area, maybe using the choppers is the way forward?

New map looks interesting though

Soldato
Managed to get a speedy 5 win streak yesterday in duos to try the nuke contract again and it went slightly better!

We got 2 of the elements, managed to locate the nuke site and deposit both into the nuke thing but then getting the third and depositing it was just impossible. You've got the entire lobby against you at that point and the moment you pick it up it triggers a jailbreak...!

Definitely a bit more comfortable with knowing what to do now (essentially start the contract, then treat it like a normal game until you've done stronghold/black site) so hopefully we can string together another streak and have another crack at it.

The best way we managed the nuke was to wait until all 3 elements were in the centre of the zone before picking up the contract.

Once you’re done with your 5th win, you can keep backing out the lobby until you get a good zone and element placement.

We backed out 6 or 7 times before doing the contract.

We should do a few quad games together, me and my duo partner and you with yours, by the sounds of it we’d do nuke after nuke :p

Last edited:
Associate

The best way we managed the nuke was to wait until all 3 elements were in the centre of the zone before picking up the contract.

Once you’re done with your 5th win, you can keep backing out the lobby until you get a good zone and element placement.

We should do a few quad games together, me and my duo partner and you with yours, by the sounds of it we’d do nuke after nuke :p

i need more players, you guys fit the bill :cry:

Associate

Great shout on backing out of the lobby until you get a good zone and element placement. I think that was sort of our issue with our first run at it, awful flight path and terrible zone meant we were just chasing ourselves round the map.

We've got one more run at it as we figured that you get the mission for every player who's done the 5 streak - you just have to rotate lobby host. Definitely going to take your advice and back out until we're happy with the initial zone placement.

Yeah, definitely keen for some quads as well!

Soldato
Anyone on Amd getting bad frame drops? I'm on a 5600x / 6800 and normally get around 150+ at 1440p but I'm getting lots of stuttering when it drops to 30. Normally when I'm parachutting but also just walking around sometimes. It isn't constant but very annoying.

Wanted to roll back drivers but it won't let you load the game with old ones annoyingly.

Soldato
Seems barely anything is.

It's absurd that those of us who paid for the actual regular multiplayer are getting bugger all but for those that enjoy the free Warzone/DMZ they're getting everything they want and then some.

****** me off, if I'm honest.
I would rather have more multiplayer options. Even though this game is to last two years, doesn't mean they have to slowly add back game modes that should have been there from day one. Drip feeding content for two years is pretty poor.

Soldato
So in warzone 2 i currently have a 165hz monitor 1440p and i run a 13900k and 3070ti and getting on average about 175fps on nearly all low settings, looking to get a 240hz OLED when available so also thinking a new VGA is in order, is the 4090 still having problems with this game?? what would i get at what settings?? i'd ideally like to be running high settings if im spending that sort of £££, obviously 240fps minimum is a must.

Soldato
So in warzone 2 i currently have a 165hz monitor 1440p and i run a 13900k and 3070ti and getting on average about 175fps on nearly all low settings, looking to get a 240hz OLED when available so also thinking a new VGA is in order, is the 4090 still having problems with this game?? what would i get at what settings?? i'd ideally like to be running high settings if im spending that sort of £££, obviously 240fps minimum is a must.
4090s are having problems? On my 4080 I am limited at 1440p by 5800X3D CPU to about 200-250fps depending on the location. Drop the resolution to 1080p or just stick DLSS to ultra perf and it should give you an idea of what your CPU is capable of.

I think even the best tuned 13900K will likely still be holding back a 4090 at 1440p (low) but should be 240+ at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
4090s are having problems? On my 4080 I am limited at 1440p by 5800X3D CPU to about 200-250fps depending on the location. Drop the resolution to 1080p or just stick DLSS to ultra perf and it should give you an idea of what your CPU is capable of.

I think even the best tuned 13900K will likely still be holding back a 4090 at 1440p (low) but should be 240+ at least.
seen a few posts/vids now about 4090's getting lower than expected FPS but these are old posts. I see the 7900xtx does well in WZ2 but i'd prefer an Nvidia card, i think.... the amd's have had a little price drop here at ocuk which makes them a bit more appealing.

Back
Top Bottom