Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Can't wait to get back on tonight. New laptop arrived (Acer Predator Helios 300, (17.3" model QHD 165hz with i7 12700H, 16GB DDR5 4800, RTX 3070ti 8gb DDR6 150w max) and initial tests show about double the frame rate (even with 1440 Res and everything cranked up full compared to 1080 mid settings) my relatively new but horrendously 35w throttled XPS 9510 (i7 11800H 32GB DDR4 3200 ram 4GB RTX 3050ti).
I might even grow a fondness for WZ2 as it certainly looks much better when the pick up items aren't blocky, pixelated trash.
Btw Bertie_Bassett is my username should anyone ever want a game if I'm about.

(edit DDR5 4800)

Last edited:
Soldato
Since I turned off DLSS and reset my GPU drivers i hadnt had a crash in ages,
Then last night when i finally got to try and do the T2 BM story mission needing the Poppy farmers key it crashes me out and poof no key now.
Guess thats me getting the insured slot unlocked before the wipe doomed now.

I'm annoyingly close to getting that insured slot (basically the 2 story mission and t3 BM).

Having played Tarkov im not against wipes, what i do find a little annoying is that the whinging streamers moaned so much that they have backed down and kept their insured slots.
What worries me now is the people who mainlined the game mode will have their slots and will now just gank people who are working on them.
COD always folds to the streamers shouting, every time.

All the people I play with didn't get an unlocked slot, how many here did?

Associate
DMZ is great when it works, is the only mode I'm playing now too. Some of the Exfils are so exciting.

Looks like revive pistols are gone and the AI has gone nuts the last few days, as if it wasn't hard enough solo already!
Yeah the ai is tough. They just spawn from no where. Not surprised they are going to nerf it when they do the season wipe. So many times my squad has been killed on an exfil

Soldato
Yeah the ai is tough. They just spawn from no where. Not surprised they are going to nerf it when they do the season wipe. So many times my squad has been killed on an exfil
Now I usually take a vehicle to Exfil and run them down with it before the chopper arrives. Some of them are such bullet sponges, it's just easier this way, preferably with an LTV. Although the crazy AI in Ahkdar Village blew up two of my LTVs, in about 15 second each, recently. That was after killing 30 or 40 of them.

Soldato
AI needs to be balanced alright, stealth works pretty well when solo with a suppressed weapon, but even if I stealthily sneak in to a building, crouch walk up to the third floor, without making a sound, as soon as I look out a window, an AI 30 metres away instantly head-shots me! They're nuts alright, but make for some thrilling Exfils.

Soldato
And I’ve been shadow banned. My squad only ever does average, about 5 wins under our collective belt. Started playing solos this week and absolutely tearing it up; 1st game was a 13 kill win. Was in a match with 7:0, randomly disconnected. Won’t find new lobbies for me to join anymore, and Activision ban appeal site confirms I’m under investigation.

Hope I get unbanned in time for season 2 :p

Soldato
And I’ve been shadow banned. My squad only ever does average, about 5 wins under our collective belt. Started playing solos this week and absolutely tearing it up; 1st game was a 13 kill win. Was in a match with 7:0, randomly disconnected. Won’t find new lobbies for me to join anymore, and Activision ban appeal site confirms I’m under investigation.

Hope I get unbanned in time for season 2 :p
Do they give any indication why? Is it because people reported you or are they tracking your current performance v previous?

As if the game didn't already have enough problems!

Soldato
In DMZ - how does this keep happening? I select my insured weapon plus some contraband weapon or two. Infil and my Insured weapon is gone, only the rubbish one is there. Plus, if I die I lose my insured weapon for 2 hours but I didn't even have it in the game.

Happened a few times now. Anyone else have this or find a way to avoid it? The AI are mad enough without not even having your one good weapon.

Soldato
Do they give any indication why? Is it because people reported you or are they tracking your current performance v previous?

As if the game didn't already have enough problems!
No justification why but it will either be an automated response to getting too many kills per match, or from being reported x amount of times.

Either way it’s totally a humble brag, but as it seems to take 7 - 10 days for them to eventually get you assessed, it’s just annoying that I can’t play. I think they put a ridiculous onus on player reports rather than actual anti cheat.

Associate
Ive only just started playing warzone (controller on PC and xbox)

Is there any training you can do on warzone? Doesn't seem to be?

Any tips for beginners? Should i be changing any settings on pc? Do i need to know what the best guns are etc? Any good youtube videos to help get me started?

Cheers

Associate
i hate this term "shadow banned" where did it come from?
First I heard of it was on Reddit where people were getting shadow banned from certain subreddits or across the entirety of Reddit - but now it's thrown around for a lot of ban / under review accounts.

In MW2/Warzone, accounts aren't shadow banned - they're just marked as under review and so they all go into the same pool of players who are also under review.

A sort of mate of mine regularly says he's shadow banned in League of Legends - and he's not. He just gets a communications / chat ban every other week so is permanently living in the toxic player pool...

Last edited:
Associate

Any tips for beginners? Should i be changing any settings on pc? Do i need to know what the best guns are etc? Any good youtube videos to help get me started?

Cheers
Change aim assist type to black ops and aim response curve time to dynamic. When you shoot, just make sure you're moving your left analogue stick so rotational aim assist kicks in and helps with aiming (fully aware this is going to **** a lot of people off on this thread...)

Tactical is a recommended controller layout so you can crouch/prone with the right thumb stick but have a look at the different options and see what you like! Find a sensitivity that works for you, don't copy other people's settings for this one. I play 5-5 because it feels comfortable to me, the guy I mostly play with is on 8-8. Entirely up to you.

Drop into high traffic areas and just focus on kills, not wins, to start with.

I'd suggest avoiding solos to start as well, maybe do fill trios or quads, and just make sure you're getting into as many gun fights as possible to get comfortable with the controls, plating up, equipping items etc.

Right now the RPK is the best gun in the game, the Fennec is the best SMG up close (or the Vaznev if you're more than 10m away) but if you can shoot straight then there's a decent amount of guns that are viable.

There are plenty of YouTube videos for beginner guides to the game! Just don't believe every video that says 'THIS 2 SHOT GUN IS BROKEN' because it's not broken, and it's not a 2 shot.

Soldato

Cheers
You could try DMZ so you can fight against plenty of AI as well as players. The AI should be a bit more predictable, but the AI has been going buts lately, presumably until Season 2 is released next week.

Soldato
I got a warning message from Activision for having an "offensive account name" (it's 'Rez'). Activision has asked me to change my account name.

Since they take these in-game reports so seriously, I will be reporting everyone now for no comms, not reviving, driving off without me, 'team-mates' stealing my gear before res-ing me etc. :)

Associate
I got a warning message from Activision for having an "offensive account name" (it's 'Rez'). Activision has asked me to change my account name.

Since they take these in-game reports so seriously, I will be reporting everyone now for no comms, not reviving, driving off without me, 'team-mates' stealing my gear before res-ing me etc. :)
Rez2 incoming

Soldato
First I heard of it was on Reddit where people were getting shadow banned from certain subreddits or across the entirety of Reddit - but now it's thrown around for a lot of ban / under review accounts.

In MW2/Warzone, accounts aren't shadow banned - they're just marked as under review and so they all go into the same pool of players who are also under review.

A sort of mate of mine regularly says he's shadow banned in League of Legends - and he's not. He just gets a communications / chat ban every other week so is permanently living in the toxic player pool...

Is this not exactly what being shadow banned is? Being given a vastly restricted experience/removed from the general community? It’s a way of banning you without removing your access; albeit this is only temporarily until your account is reviewed.

Unfortunately it can take 15 - 30 minutes to matchmake under these circumstances, and I suspect you are liable to get out in with actual cheaters too.

@BenjiSayers we know you’re not the problem :p

Back
Top Bottom