Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Is this not exactly what being shadow banned is? Being given a vastly restricted experience/removed from the general community? It’s a way of banning you without removing your access; albeit this is only temporarily until your account is reviewed.
Yeah, that's fair. I've always considered it being banned without knowing you're banned so you continue as you usually would being none the wise - which I guess is pretty accurate for the way Activision handles it.

I just don't consider it exactly the same as being shadow banned as that usually makes for a pretty lonely experience where you're in a room of 1 - whereas Activison put all 'under review' players into the same player pool and let them have at each other.

Last edited:
Associate
Until someone else is "offended" :D

I see there is another 'update' today. Let's see what they have broken this time...:)
From the looks of it, they changed the MW2 playlists around and split Shipment and Shoothouse into their own playlists.

A shame we haven't had Control return as a playlist or mode to select in the main quick play filter since the first week it was introduced. The meatgrinder Shipment games are fun for a bit to get camo challenges done but they do get a bit tiring after a while.

Multiplayer content has been really lacking since the game launched. We had just 10 maps at launch - then they add two meat grinder maps from old games, and then this season they're adding a map that was supposed to be in the game at launch (Museum) and Dome from MW3 that features in the Warzone Al Mazrah map but also was in Vanguard last year too.

Soldato
Plus DMZ crashed for the first time in about a week last night. As I was going to Exfil with the US Embassy key I need for one of the missions. So looks like the update made it less stable again too.

Soldato
Ive only just started playing warzone (controller on PC and xbox)

Is there any training you can do on warzone? Doesn't seem to be?

Any tips for beginners? Should i be changing any settings on pc? Do i need to know what the best guns are etc? Any good youtube videos to help get me started?

Cheers
The default aim assist is better than the Black Ops one. The BLOPS one was broken on launch but the nerfed it shortly after release. But like the other guy said make sure you are strafing left or right as you ADS and the aim assist is stupid. It's so broken it makes me look like I could be a pro player lol.

Also for MP does anyone else seem to think the riot shield on the back seems to break the hit boxes/damage model? I'm doing the shotgun masteries and if they have no shield from quite close it's a guaranteed kill, but with a shield on it always takes 2 or 3 shots. It as if the hitbox for the shield glitches into the player model so it thinks you're hitting the shield. It's really annoying when you go against a sweaty team full of shields on backs as it just feels so broken.

Soldato
I got a warning message from Activision for having an "offensive account name" (it's 'Rez'). Activision has asked me to change my account name.

Since they take these in-game reports so seriously, I will be reporting everyone now for no comms, not reviving, driving off without me, 'team-mates' stealing my gear before res-ing me etc. :)
Ha I just got the same warning, did you rename your account? Mines BenjiSayers so I don't see why I should have to change it, also can't be bothered to.

Soldato
Ha I just got the same warning, did you rename your account? Mines BenjiSayers so I don't see why I should have to change it, also can't be bothered to.
No I didn't change it, it's 'Rez'. Presumably it's just an automated message if anyone reports you once, even in error, they obviously didn't even check it first.

There was a racist nutjob on our squad last night, screaming abuse at everyone right from the start. When he got killed, nobody revived him, thankfully, so he started screaming abuse at us and said he was going to report me. I'm sure he did, and I hope Activision actually check the audio from the game, but I know they probably won't. But it's scary that you could get shadowbanned just because randomers report you a few times. How many random reports does it take, does anyone know? Another randomer said they were going to report me last night for not going half way across the map to commit suicide trying to revive him!

Yet another reason not to play with randomers. Sometimes you are actually better off solo, sometimes it's impossible when you're up against a full squad, but other times in DMZ, it is the most consistently exciting game I've played. Really thrilling and massively rewarding when you get away with it (and if it doesn't crash).

Soldato
One good thing about the progress wipe for Season 2 is hopefully they will get rid of the worst missions in DMZ. I’ve given up on Tier 5 as some of them are either impossible or just not fun.

What are your best and worst DMZ missions?

Best: Roof Rat - solo sniping operators in Al-Mazrah is great fun.

Worst: Mechanic – 26 blow-torches. 26! As soon as I selected the mission, blow-torches became rarer than gold bars. 26! Why 26 of them!? After about a month, I still only had 20, gave up, silly.

And now that I have de-selected the mission, of course, there are plenty of blow-torches appearing in garages, enemies dropping them etc. I swear selecting some missions makes them rarer/harder to do.

Bring on Season 2.

Associate
@t2na and his mates must be perma shadow banned then.
We've had one of our guys shadow banned but he's unbelievably good at the game, otherwise we get the usual "he's hacking" voice comms but nothing other than that.

@MoNkeE is probably right about solos having a much higher % of players that are inclined to report - basically you die to someone and just immediately report them. Reminds me of checking PUBG Report when I played a lot of PUBG, I'd finish a solos game and have more people reporting me than players I'd kill.

Associate
So ive been playing around with the settings in Warzone 2.

system 1:
16GB 3200Mhz
1440p

I get 120 fps max in Warzone 2, more in multiplayer. Nothing i change improves this. DLSS, render resolution (even stupid low settings) nothing.

system 2:
5600X
16GB 3000Mhz
1080p

I get 140 fps max in Warzone 2, same as above, nothing i change goes above this.

What sort of fps are you guys getting in game?

Associate
Had a great game of DMZ tonight with a couple of randomers now added as friends. Took out 3 squads at Rohan which was constant gun fights team revives and desperate searching for plates. V tense. We finally made the buy station and made it to the last exfil near the quarry. Three more squads descended on the heli and it was total pandemonium! I had to fully plate up twice inside and got lucky with my semtex and M13 with a thermal scope. Those last few seconds were deadly but we held on and I exfilled with a great looted sniper rifle. As said above when this mode delivers it is thrilling and great fun. Wish I could have seen a playback.

Last edited:
Soldato

system 1:
16GB 3200Mhz
1440p

I get 120 fps max in Warzone 2, more in multiplayer. Nothing i change improves this. DLSS, render resolution (even stupid low settings) nothing.

system 2:
5600X
16GB 3000Mhz
1080p

I get 140 fps max in Warzone 2, same as above, nothing i change goes above this.

Seems low, you sure you haven't got anything capping your frame rate?
If not I would have to assume your CPU or RAM is holding back the GPU.
I can get 100+ most of the time on an ancient 5960X with 2400MHz RAM and 200+ on a 5800X3D with 3600MHz CL16 RAM

Soldato

system 1:
16GB 3200Mhz
1440p

system 2:
5600X
16GB 3000Mhz
1080p

Current setup:
5800X3D
32GB 3600Mhz CL14
RTX 3080FE
1440P

Sitting roughly around 170-200+ FPS depending on the area.

I set it up as per the settings in this video

Associate
Thanks. I used the same guide. Its smoother, so better 1% lows etc, but the fps didnt really increase much.

I'll look into some faster ram and see what effect that has. Then maybe overclock the cpus a bit. Upgrading much more than that is an expensive slippery slope at the moment. Particularly the intel system.

If i get faster ram, is it worth increasing to 32gb? They are ITX boards, so only 2 slots

Thanks

Soldato
Ban is finally lifted! Only took 8 days…..

I only hope this gives me a little more protection now from future over zealous reporting; surely being cleared once should change the future requirements!?

Soldato
Current setup:
5800X3D
32GB 3600Mhz CL14
RTX 3080FE
1440P

Sitting roughly around 170-200+ FPS depending on the area.

I set it up as per the settings in this video

That good FPS.
1440p
12700k stock
3080 12gb stock
4000mhz 18cl

120fps

Preset is high

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom