Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

I have had numerous problems with Steam not loading, crashing, verifying files etc. (after moving from Battlenet, where the problems were even more frequent) to the degree that I got so fed up that I crossed over to the dark side and bought a used Xbox Series X. It was a bit of a steal at £240 in excellent condition with three months warranty left. I'm using KBM and bought a new Gigabyte G27Q 1440p to complement it. So far, it has been an enjoyable transition, and running the game at 120hz on full detail for what I paid (about £500 all in) makes things that bit sweeter. I know that PC gaming and consoles are different beasts and I have been a PC gamer for 30+ years, but I have to admit I do not miss the endless tweaking, modifying config files, driver updates, driver reversals etc. to get WZ stable on my creaky system. I'm not suggesting the Series X is perfect, it has its own little problems but considering I am only playing DMZ atm, I am really happy with my setup.

Yeh, its so much more enjoyable with a player who constantly pings enemy, loots fast, defends at the right time, attacks at the right time and has a general 'plan'.

I've won more games with better teammates in harder lobbys that with my friends in what we call 'retard lobbys'

I've been playing FPS games since I was about 7 though, so over 30 years mostly on Amiga and PC. My friends are mainly on PS / Xbox and have been playing FPS games for 5-10 years, it really shows. One guy who is much better who plays on PS, but he's been playing since around 2003 and he played MOHAA with me for 4 years on PC. He's way better at general directional sense, aiming and plan.

You can have the best aim in the world but if you stand on a hill at the wrong point in the game, you're going to get lit up from all directions. Guess building up that general gaming awareness takes years

Throw cheaters into the mix and its hard still - A few times recently ive appeared to have been tracked through walls / ceilings / floors by players even when I'm still and not moving. No UAV/HR scanner or anything, just a quick spin around to look exactly where I am through a wall then run in and gang rape me 3 on 1
Ive no idea what my stats are, but since ive been playing multi-player, my shooting skills have improved a lot from when i just played warzone. I'm still not very good, but ive improved a lot in multiplayer. I'm still pretty terrible in warzone though, its a slightly different skill set. in multiplayer, its largely, he who shoots first wins, because ttk is so small. warzone is quite different, and the whole strategy is different. I play warzone much less frequently, so i'm not getting any better at it really. We dont work together as a team really. but we have a good laugh, most of the time. Having plunder back for casual play is nice

Ive no idea what my stats are, but since ive been playing multi-player, my shooting skills have improved a lot from when i just played warzone. I'm still not very good, but ive improved a lot in multiplayer. I'm still pretty terrible in warzone though, its a slightly different skill set. in multiplayer, its largely, he who shoots first wins, because ttk is so small. warzone is quite different, and the whole strategy is different. I play warzone much less frequently, so i'm not getting any better at it really. We dont work together as a team really. but we have a good laugh, most of the time. Having plunder back for casual play is nice
We play resurgence mostly now. It doesnt involve my teammates getting killed and waiting 10 mins for me to buy them back only for them to land and die after 30 seconds.
Can never really do well if you cant all work together, loot and buy uavs and weapons/loadout

I already knew the CoD community was toxic, but wow, thought I'd give Warzone a go, never played it before, surprised I managed to get some kills, but with the small number of matches I played as a freshie, I got told to kill myself about 5 times, and called a [insert expletive] rat.

Think i'll go back to Apex :cry:

What did you update to?

Nvidia

The recommended driver version for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is 526.86.

AMD

The recommended driver version for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is 22.9.1.

Intel

The recommended driver version for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is 31.0.101.4255.

Thats an old driver It been working fine up until now I read on Reddit that memory leaks have come into the game since season 3.

Im on 532.03 now was working fine all of sudden started doing it, I see a post saying drop your video memory scale to 50 and it seems to have fixed it.

However it requires more time to see what is going on.

Has anyone been playing much ranked WZ since it came out?

They've been pretty quick at making changes (removing bomb drones, cluster mines etc.) which has been really good. The only downside is that the lobbies are still a real mix of ranks, we're all diamond/plat so far and we get a proper mix of players in the lobby from top 250 players to crimson to running into bronze and silver players. Feels harsh in some instances considering you all get the same SR gains for kills/assists and placements.

I already knew the CoD community was toxic, but wow, thought I'd give Warzone a go, never played it before, surprised I managed to get some kills, but with the small number of matches I played as a freshie, I got told to kill myself about 5 times, and called a [insert expletive] rat.

Sorry to hear that. Try DMZ - it's more cooperative, more fun and friendlier

Just turn off prox chat.

I play everyday 1-2 hours mostly MP or DMZ and only 60% through the battlepass with 16 days to go !
Right now, I play two or three times a week for a couple of hours each session and I'm at 85% (just 2 zones to complete I think?) so unsure how it's all weighted! It seems to be so different for everyone - from the group I play with 1 person has finished it and another has less % completion than I do and we almost only ever play together as a trio.

I think they use an algorithm to keep you playing for the whole battlepass period, so if you're well ahead they start giving you less xp. I noticed this in black ops cold war. However I don't think I will be able to complete 40% in the 2 weeks remaining, despite playing every day

For example in BF 2042 I completed the battlepass in 3 weeks and not played since. COD tries to avoid this

Just seen that in next season eveything in DMZ is getting wiped including your insured weapons, missions etc so propbaly no point in playing this now for the next 2 weeks

Just recently started playing this. eg: Three people going in and doing missions and then evac'ing.

Generally, enjoying it APART from the frustrating PvP camping that takes place around the evac zones; Very frustrating to go in with the aim of getting equipment, only 25mins later to be killed in seconds by three players camping an evac site with the goal of killing other players in truth just for the giggles.

It also means that as a rule you need to go in with people you know, because teaming up with randoms means you're even more vulnerable to other teams of players who are ognaised and out to do little more than kill you.

Now, if there was a way of going into a DMZ with bots only, I (& my friends) would much prefer that. Even if it meant a PvE only character/slot who could only ever do PvE...

Last edited:
Just recently started playing this. eg: Three people going in and doing missions and then evac'ing.

Generally, enjoying it APART from the frustrating PvP camping that takes place around the evac zones; Very frustrating to go in with the aim of getting equipment, only 25mins later to be killed in seconds by three players camping an evac site with the goal of killing other players in truth just for the giggles.

It also means that as a rule you need to go in with people you know, because teaming up with randoms means you're even more vulnerable to other teams of players who are ognaised and out to do little more than kill you.

Now, if there was a way of going into a DMZ with bots only, I (& my friends) would much prefer that. Even if it meant a PvE only character/slot who could only ever do PvE...
Part of the tension/lure of DMZ (and this style of mode) is that you have the risk of PVP and the risk of losing all of your gear.

Actual players playing around evac areas are always a risk and you'll always have players who prefer the PVP element than the PVE one - I think it'd be a really silly decision if they decided to remove all actual players from DMZ and have bots only, you might as well just play the campaign at that point.

Back
Top Bottom