Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Part of the tension/lure of DMZ (and this style of mode) is that you have the risk of PVP and the risk of losing all of your gear.

Actual players playing around evac areas are always a risk and you'll always have players who prefer the PVP element than the PVE one - I think it'd be a really silly decision if they decided to remove all actual players from DMZ and have bots only, you might as well just play the campaign at that point.
Understood...

But for some, me to a big degree, and a group of 3-4 of my friends such that it's a 'won't even play it' degree, it's a real issue.

So I'd love to play it with that particular group of my friends, but they really REALLY don't enjoy that sort of PvP gameplay, so won't play the game. If there was simply a PvE only option? Happy days!

Last edited:
Just recently started playing this. eg: Three people going in and doing missions and then evac'ing.

Generally, enjoying it APART from the frustrating PvP camping that takes place around the evac zones; Very frustrating to go in with the aim of getting equipment, only 25mins later to be killed in seconds by three players camping an evac site with the goal of killing other players in truth just for the giggles.

It also means that as a rule you need to go in with people you know, because teaming up with randoms means you're even more vulnerable to other teams of players who are ognaised and out to do little more than kill you.

Now, if there was a way of going into a DMZ with bots only, I (& my friends) would much prefer that. Even if it meant a PvE only character/slot who could only ever do PvE...
We've been in that situation a few times with multiple teams covering exfil points. We usually just go do a hostage rescue contract to get a new exfil pop up when you get the hostage from the bots.

Understood...

But for some, me to a big degree, and a group of 3-4 of my friends such that it's a 'won't even play it' degree, it's a real issue.

So I'd love to play it with that particular group of my friends, but they really REALLY don't enjoy that sort of PvP gameplay, so won't play the game. If there was simply a PvE only option? Happy days!
Yeah, I get that - I have a few friends who don't like any PVP and others that absolutely adore it.

I think the risk with adding another 'option' for PVE only is that you fragment your player base even more - and should PVE only reward you with the same items/rewards as PvPvE? It doesn't feel right that you can play offline/bots only and get the same rewards as others who are playing with more at stake.

Noob here, is PvP player vs player (i.e. real people) and PvE is player vs environment (i.e. bots)?

I personally think mixing bots with real players is rubbish and player vs bots is too. You can play games from the 90s and early 2000s to play again bots

Yeah, I get that - I have a few friends who don't like any PVP and others that absolutely adore it.

I think the risk with adding another 'option' for PVE only is that you fragment your player base even more - and should PVE only reward you with the same items/rewards as PvPvE? It doesn't feel right that you can play offline/bots only and get the same rewards as others who are playing with more at stake.
Undertstood - But if you have dedicate PvE character slots, which cannot then enter/share/be used with the existing PvP mode(s)? What does it matter what the rewards are?

Noob here, is PvP player vs player (i.e. real people) and PvE is player vs environment (i.e. bots)?

I personally think mixing bots with real players is rubbish and player vs bots is too. You can play games from the 90s and early 2000s to play again bots

Yes, PvP is players vs players. PvE is players vs bots only.

The games as it stands is, the game is filled with loads of bots going about their business as part of the background world or missions. Dozens of players then play within that world, but can also kill each other. Which is fine, for those that enjoy that aspect of the game.

The suggestion is a PvE (bot only) option/mode is added so when players go into say the DMZ (game), they are the only players in it. In that way a group of friends can go into the game, and know they will only face bots, not camping players out to do little more than kill them for the giggles :)

Undertstood - But if you have dedicate PvE character slots, which cannot then enter/share/be used with the existing PvP mode(s)? What does it matter what the rewards are?

Yes, PvP is players vs players. PvE is players vs bots only.

The games as it stands is, the game is filled with loads of bots going about their business as part of the background world or missions. Dozens of players then play within that world, but can also kill each other. Which is fine, for those that enjoy that aspect of the game.

The suggestion is a PvE (bot only) option/mode is added so when players go into say the DMZ (game), they are the only players in it. In that way a group of friends can go into the game, and know they will only face bots, not camping players out to do little more than kill them for the giggles :)
Seems fair, just have 3 modes;
PvE
PvP
PvE & PvE

This will never happen as Activision love removing modes and adding different ones.
Guess its all about the cost of keeping each server / many servers up and running for all the different modes. I can imagine it costs a fortune for all the different servers and in the interest of cost they need to be selective to keep people logging in and spending money on COD points, skins, weapon packs etc.

Last edited:
Seems fair, just have 3 modes;
PvE
PvP
PvE & PvE

This will never happen as Activision love removing modes and adding different ones.
Guess its all about the cost of keeping each server / many servers up and running for all the different modes. I can imagine it costs a fortune for all the different servers and in the interest of cost they need to be selective to keep people logging in and spending money on COD points, skins, weapon packs etc.
From what I can understand it simply needs to an option to allow you to enter certain modes with no other enemy players in it. Simple as that. And if that means a character/slot dedicated to such PvE modes, fine.

But agreed, if such a feature then means more game instances are required = more servers etc = more cost, fair enough. BUT, I would say, at the moment I know people who will not play the game because they can't play in a PvE type mode (they don't enjoy the experience PvP can results in), so if there was a PvE mode they would play. And if that was even a chargable feature, they'd probably pay for it! So cost may not be an issue, and indeed there may be profit to be had in there!

Last edited:
From what I can understand it simply needs to an option to allow you to enter certain modes with no other enemy players in it. Simple as that. And if that means a character/slot dedicated to such PvE modes, fine.

But agreed, if such a feature then means more game instances are required = more servers etc = more cost, fair enough. BUT, I would say, at the moment I know people who will not play the game because they can't play in a PvE type mode (they don't enjoy the experience PvP can results in), so if there was a PvE mode they would play. And if that was even a chargable feature, they'd probably pay for it! So cost may not be an issue, and indeed there may be profit to be had in there!
I'm sure if there's profit to be had, Activision have thought of it already.

I expect some (like me and you) would pay good money e.g. a monthly subscription to have certain modes but the masses generally wouldnt and are happy with what's available for free.

Personally I would pay £30-£50 a month for a server/servers which are monitored 24/7 and kept free of hackers in any form and SBMM is perfect. Whether others would pay that though is another question

I'm sure if there's profit to be had, Activision have thought of it already.

I expect some (like me and you) would pay good money e.g. a monthly subscription to have certain modes but the masses generally wouldnt and are happy with what's available for free.

Personally I would pay £30-£50 a month for a server/servers which are monitored 24/7 and kept free of hackers in any form and SBMM is perfect. Whether others would pay that though is another question
Most of the group I play with have transitioned to just playing on PS5 now with crossplay off to avoid hackers - frustrating but I can totally see why they've all done it.

I don't have an issue playing Warzone/MW2 on my PS5 either, just always preferred playing it on PC - but if we can avoid anyone cheating or can be guaranteed to know that there is definitely no-one using wallhacks then that's what we'd prefer to do.

I don't think SBMM is going anywhere anytime soon either, especially not this manipulative version they have currently.

Most of the group I play with have transitioned to just playing on PS5 now with crossplay off to avoid hackers - frustrating but I can totally see why they've all done it.

I don't have an issue playing Warzone/MW2 on my PS5 either, just always preferred playing it on PC - but if we can avoid anyone cheating or can be guaranteed to know that there is definitely no-one using wallhacks then that's what we'd prefer to do.

I don't think SBMM is going anywhere anytime soon either, especially not this manipulative version they have currently.
I thought a lot of the hacks are with console (controller) players using things such as Cronus for aim assist?

Keyboard & mouse vs pad controller players is always an interesting one. Fast close movement vs aim assist which is quite frankly cheating in my eyes. When I tried playing on an xbox pad I was aweful, but then I started shooting in the general direction of someone and they died?! It certainly wasnt 'aimbot' level but not far off.
Can't you just connect a keyboard and mouse to a PS5 in the USB ports and use that in game, with other PS5 players? - best of both worlds.

That would tempt me into getting a PS5

Because it's not provided as an option for everyone to use it.
Yes it is, plug in a controller and it will appear.

According to Infinity Ward, skilled keyboard and mouse players are fantastic compared to skilled controller players with aim assist.

"When we did the last game, one of our biggest concerns at that time was players on mouse and keyboard versus players using controllers. Finding the balance on that. It’s an interesting thing, because I wish it was a linear spectrum. You can see that a very highly skilled player on mouse and keyboard is fantastic compared to controller. Everybody else on a mouse and keyboard seems to be at a disadvantage statistically, is what we see."

Last edited:
So is there anyway in the main/full game to get a PvE experience in any aspect of the game akin to Warzone DMZ? ie: If you buy the full game can you do missions in a DMZ like environment with just a bunch of friends vs AI?

Last edited:
^ This is another reason a group of my friends simply don't want to play DMZ's PvP:-
  • They don't have a lot of time so don't want to compete against people who do.
  • They don't want to face people who simply get kicks out of killing/frustrating other players for the giggles.
  • They won't want to face hacks/cheaters.

They would probably love DMZ's gameplay, but the PvP aspect, and there not simply being a bot only option, will mean they just won't play it :(

I got confused, I thought Neil79 had changed his name to NeilF for a day or so.

Can't see them changing anything to an offline mode unfortunately. The servers are crap enough as it is. They won't fragment the playerbase more either as can be seen by removing popular modes.

Very much so :( - I used to love Warzone 1, until it became a cheat fest! Damn it :(
The early days of WZ1 were great. No one really knew what they were doing then suddenly became a hack demon fest.
Unfortunately its the way it is with PC gaming. I downloaded combat master for a blast and all the chat lobbies pregame are full of people selling hacks for that. Its a mobile port ffs.

Back
Top Bottom