Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
^ Odd thing is, I've not spent a penny on it so far. If they offered a PvE DMZ mode, where all your progress, missions and weapons etc were fenced off solely for that PvE mode I (& I know many of my friends) would happpily pay for that!

Soldato
^ Odd thing is, I've not spent a penny on it so far. If they offered a PvE DMZ mode, where all your progress, missions and weapons etc were fenced off solely for that PvE mode I (& I know many of my friends) would happpily pay for that!
Won't ever happen, they can't maintain the current servers, won't happen for PvE ever.

Soldato
Low latency settings have been moved to the Keyboard / Mouse settings for some reason.

Like many others, getting stuttering - mostly in the newer maps - and FPS has dropped from a capped 138 to 100-110 on these.

Also, I found this setting [can't remember where now] which may help :

"
First, run a benchmark in the game, go to Play menu, Multiplayer, scroll right past Private Game to Benchmark.
It will take a about 1 minute to run and give you a result showing FPS etc. make a note or screenshot these.

Navigate to you CoD MIIW players folder - mine is

D:\Documents\Call of Duty\players

Use a text editor and open the file " options.3.cod22.cst " - make a backup/copy first if you're unsure and/or make a note of the existing entry below.

Scroll down/search for the entry:-

// Thread count for handling the job queue
RendererWorkerCount:0.0 = "4" // -1 to 16

This sets the number of CPU cores the game will use.
Mine was set to 2 - I've since got a new PC with i5-13000K so I've set it to 8 - I understand the recommendation is 1/2 the number of cores available.
I just had a random thought off the back of this comment, My mate had upgraded his GPU a few months ago, I told him his 6600k would be massively bottlenecking a 3070ti so he upgraded his CPU and MOBO so likely game files need adjuseted as per this post.

Soldato
The phone number requirement was for MW2 which isn't free to play.
Hah that's interesting, as far as I can remember only free to play players needed it to play Warzone 1

'A text-enabled mobile phone number is required to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on PC. Existing Call of Duty: Warzone players that have previously verified their account will not be required to provide any additional information to access Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.'

Bit cheeky if you ask me :p

Soldato
To be fair, I only moved to Nvidia at the height of the big GPU crisis as it was the first that I managed to bag between the 3000 series or the AMD 6000 series. I'll play about with it tomorrow hopefully.
I’ve been back and forward over the years from Nvidia to ATI/AMD ever since they started around the middle / end of 3dfx.

I dont favour either but the drivers are generally much better for Nvidia.

I believe Gsync is an Nvidia only technology but AMD have Freesync. There’s also ‘Gsync compatible’ and proper ‘Gsync’ monitors. The latter, they go through strict testing after production - probably one of the reasons my Acer X34 cost £1k a few years back. It’s been a fantastic monitor though and is still going strong (purchased late 2015 / early 2016)

Soldato
I’ve been back and forward over the years from Nvidia to ATI/AMD ever since they started around the middle / end of 3dfx.

I dont favour either but the drivers are generally much better for Nvidia.

I believe Gsync is an Nvidia only technology but AMD have Freesync. There’s also ‘Gsync compatible’ and proper ‘Gsync’ monitors. The latter, they go through strict testing after production - probably one of the reasons my Acer X34 cost £1k a few years back. It’s been a fantastic monitor though and is still going strong (purchased late 2015 / early 2016)
Same as myself really, I upgraded from a vega56 to a 3080 as I went 1080p 75hz to LG 27gl850 1440p 144hz.
I'll give it a whirl today if the wee man goes for a nap.

Soldato
The new mechanics meaning when killed by another team you cant be revived? That could be it for me. Seems a mindless change.

The other thing I've noticed since the update is that the timer on the (DMZ) missions seems to be broken. Now it always just reads "0s" in red.

HxNPSuF.png

Last edited:
Soldato
The new mechanics meaning when killed by another team you cant be revived? That could be it for me. Seems a mindless change.

The other thing I've noticed since the update is that the timer on the (DMZ) missions seems to be broken. Now it always just reads "0s" in red.

HxNPSuF.png

The game just doesn't flow now, having to wait around to be picked up and most of the time you don't.

Soldato
The game just doesn't flow now, having to wait around to be picked up and most of the time you don't.

Let's make sure I understand the new change? If another player kills you, then that squad now cannot revive you? Previously they could - which is what we generally did so as to be as player friendly as possible - but now you have to wait for another team, or of course your other team mates to revive you?

And if we take solo players, this is a huge game changer for them.

EDIT: I do wonder, if once killed/downed, an enemy squad rather than immediately reviving you and as such making you part of their team, if they could call in a medic or attach a respirator which would then take say 3-4mins to revive you? It would round off this edge a bit...

Last edited:
Soldato
Other the new superhero stuff, I think the new game mechanics is improved.
Things like when you pick up an armour box, your munitions box is auto stowed instead of being dropped/swapped.

Associate
IW tweeted that they are reviewing the new assimilation mechanics. I welcome that as I've found since the changes once a squad kills you it's basically game over. Whether they address 6 person squads remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom