Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Game is much better for me now concerning both Frame Time and GPU utilisation / FPS and is back to how it was pre-update . The super power upgrades are pathetic though and the sooner they are gone the better , luckily they haven't invaded MP :rolleyes:

After initial update , terrible frame time and gpu usage / fps lower than should be ...

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-2022-Screenshot-2023-07-13-21-43-02-76.png

and after the latest fix / update ... much better :D

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-2022-Screenshot-2023-07-16-16-00-55-83.png

Ashika island for me just felt terrible. 10ms CPU and GPU time but it felt horrible and really laggy. GPU was also getting hammered and hitting 76c which is has never done on that map and is usually around 63c. It was also only a duos game

Vondel however feels really good, no issues at all. Something they have tried to fix in the update has screwed Ashika island over

Last edited:
Ashika island for me just felt terrible. 10ms CPU and GPU time but it felt horrible and really laggy. GPU was also getting hammered and hitting 76c which is has never done on that map and is usually around 63c. It was also only a duos game

Vondel however feels really good, no issues at all. Something they have tried to fix in the update has screwed Ashika island over
Just had a go on Ashika to see how it runs and again no issues to report and seems to be the same as it always was with it being a tad CPU limited for me but runs great none the less . CPU and GPU at 5ms although as its CPU limited sometimes that will read like CPU 5ms GPU 4ms . Framerate ms ie frame time is perfect . Do you use RTSS to monitor whats going on and if so anything look out the ordinary ?

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-2022-Screenshot-2023-07-16-17-08-02-63.png

Last edited:
Do you use RTSS to monitor whats going on and if so anything look out the ordinary ?

I havent used RTSS for years... due to it impacting performance and frame time. Whether it still does or not im not sure but it definately caused issues in 2019 and before.
I just run MSI afterburner and in game telemetry

I havent used RTSS for years... due to it impacting performance and frame time. Whether it still does or not im not sure but it definately caused issues in 2019 and before.
I just run MSI afterburner and in game telemetry
The performance impact is tiny now , can only be picked up when doing a benchmark like timespy where it will knock off like 200points on a 4090 that scores 22000. In game you may lose 1fps at the most which for the data it provides i am happy to trade off ... its impact is minimal to non existent now :)

How do you get the frame time graph, my one never shows up even though I have it selected.
In settings go to Frametime graph properties then tick the show on screen display and then in the drop down box select text and graph together like so :)

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-07-16-17-36-06-11.png

Game is terrible at the minute despite the hotfix last night - just played 3 rounds of shipment - could barely hit anyone and players were teleporting around due to lag

Think ive worked out my issue.
After installed 546.40 I checked the fan settings after a Vondel waterfront match as my GPU temp was at 88c! I looked at the fan and it was on 30%
The auto setting had disabled so the fan curve was doing nothing. I expect it was seriously throttling causing the issues.

Just trying now to see its its fine again in Warzone resurgence mode

The performance impact is tiny now , can only be picked up when doing a benchmark like timespy where it will knock off like 200points on a 4090 that scores 22000. In game you may lose 1fps at the most which for the data it provides i am happy to trade off ... its impact is minimal to non existent now :)

In settings go to Frametime graph properties then tick the show on screen display and then in the drop down box select text and graph together like so :)

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-07-16-17-36-06-11.png
Nice one, cheers. I must have missed that but will go back and re-check.

Hmmm, maybe not Ashika island still felt off. I’ll install RTSS and check frame time for spikes.

RTSS installed - Frametime in Vondel was all over, between 5ms > 12ms. Felt horrible, the same as Ashika.

Think I'll have a break until its patched to working again and 'superpowers' have been removed.

Last edited:
I asked my mates last night if it was fixed, they play this game EVERY night like Religion! They said no it's not fixed. While frame rates are OK, the game feels very stuttery and jittery with one team mate saying it's making them feel sick.
So went to rage on Battlefield 2042 instead

RTSS installed - Frametime in Vondel was all over, between 5ms > 12ms. Felt horrible, the same as Ashika.

Same as what I was getting the other night, massive variation in Frametime!

Battlefield 2042 - 130fps / 6.5-7ms Frametime
Warzone 2 - 110fps / 6.5ms-9ms-6ms-16ms-21ms-7ms-15ms and so on

And no it's not my system, as all four of our team mates are having the issue. Game frame rates are perfect my end but the actual visual aspect feels well off

Last edited:
I asked my mates last night if it was fixed, they play this game EVERY night like Religion! They said no it's not fixed. While frame rates are OK, the game feels very stuttery and jittery with one team mate saying it's making them feel sick.
So went to rage on Battlefield 2042 instead
Same experience for me (well, not every night but most night around 9pm)
Jittert mess at the moment and the whole superhero thing is laughable.

And no it's not my system, as all four of our team mates are having the issue. Game frame rates are perfect my end but the actual visual aspect feels well off
Exactly the same for me - sort of glad you're all having the same issues! :D
I thought my PC had been hacked and I had a virus or something and the CPU and GPU were getting used by some random program taking 80% of the usage or something

Last edited:

Sorry to deviate a little, Are you playing high settings with a 3070ti to obtain 110FPS? Is that at 1080P?

Edit, Just seen your sig and its 1440P.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe not Ashika island still felt off. I’ll install RTSS and check frame time for spikes.

Think I'll have a break until its patched to working again and 'superpowers' have been removed.
yeah im not sure whats going on with this game at the minute :rolleyes: when i was playing on my own yesterday and took the pics the game for all intentional purposes was playing perfect with no visible framerate drops and frame times were stable. My mates then came on in the evening and we tried a game of quads on Vondel and all of a sudden the game was back to running like ***** with frame times spiking again and loss of FPS down to 40% GPU usage and like 140FPS then up to 190FPS all of a sudden :mad: really did **** me off as i was playing perfect for me earlier than all of a sudden its not without even having an update in-between games . We tried 2 games before we all had enough of it and then tried a game on Caldera which actually runs perfect now and had somewhat of an enjoyable game:o Hopefully they get to the bottom of whats going on here!

Last edited:
Trying again today, it definitely feels wrong. GPU at only ~50% load while I'm at only about 45fps.

It's like the GPU simply isn't isn't being utilised properly? And CPU is only about 50% too...
Yeah i noticed that yesterday as well on Vondel , although the GPU usage is low the CPU is being used like its processing the correct amount of frames so while GPU usage is low CPU usage seems to be pegged at the range where it would be doing high FPS so like 45-50% CPU usage but actual FPS is like 140FPS when should be getting 190FPS+ etc :rolleyes: Broken game, maybe they should spend less time on adding in these stupid superpowers and more time on making sure their updates don't break the main game :mad:

Last edited:
yeah im not sure whats going on with this game at the minute :rolleyes: when i was playing on my own yesterday and took the pics the game for all intentional purposes was playing perfect with no visible framerate drops and frame times were stable. My mates then came on in the evening and we tried a game of quads on Vondel and all of a sudden the game was back to running like ***** with frame times spiking again and loss of FPS down to 40% GPU usage and like 140FPS then up to 190FPS all of a sudden :mad: really did **** me off as i was playing perfect for me earlier than all of a sudden its not without even having an update in-between games . We tried 2 games before we all had enough of it and then tried a game on Caldera which actually runs perfect now and had somewhat of an enjoyable game:o Hopefully they get to the bottom of whats going on here!
Might try Caldera, does it have the older mechanics still - slide cancelling and stuff? Would be interesting to have the older maps - Rebirth island, Verdansk and Fortunes keep using the Warzone 2 engine & mechanics

Might try Caldera, does it have the older mechanics still - slide cancelling and stuff? Would be interesting to have the older maps - Rebirth island, Verdansk and Fortunes keep using the Warzone 2 engine & mechanics
Yeah all old mechanics are still in place although you no longer seem to get the players who jump around like a kangaroo when you try to shoot them , i assume most have moved to MW2 and are currently enjoying the superpowers :cry: it plays perfect and is a lot easier on the GPU / CPU than MW2 so FPS is also a lot higher and of course Frame Time smooth as silk :D I would dearly love Verdansk back i miss that map sooooo much , so many fond memories and epic wins ... you can still actually play on verdansk just not in warzone but rather coop as had been moved to that but for nostalgic reasons its nice to run around it still. Again miss rebirth island as well , pretty sure i was up to 150 wins on that map before it all got pulled :( One strange thing i found was the items in Caldera seem to just be floating in mid air and couldn't remember if this was normal or not , maybe i've been spoilt by the new one which spits everything on the floor :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom