Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
These games have always been heavily influenced by the streamer base, and when the streamer base is putting out videos supporting the controller layout changes to enable jump spam, the right settings to maximise tracking auto aim, it becomes what it is.

Problem is, it makes people like @t2na who are already good players with great game sense, in to pro gamer level murderers :D

Associate
These games have always been heavily influenced by the streamer base, and when the streamer base is putting out videos supporting the controller layout changes to enable jump spam, the right settings to maximise tracking auto aim, it becomes what it is.

Problem is, it makes people like @t2na who are already good players with great game sense, in to pro gamer level murderers :D
100% agree that aim assist has got out of hand now.

I actually swapped to playing keyboard and mouse for FPS games a few years ago but once MW19 launched I actually noticed I was doing better with a controller so basically have stuck to a controller for Call of Duty ever since.

They've definitely done it in response to crossplay being a thing to try and level the playing field - but it feels like it's just gone too far and it's not only gunfights up close that favour the controller player, now at range it's even easier to track with aim assist when taking advantage of rotational aim assist.

I still believe it doesn't turn a bad player good - there are so many melons playing with a controller than aren't going to be suddenly top quality players but it definitely helps them.

I've played COD with a controller since COD2 on the 360 - and played competitively at events for COD for a few years - so I'm definitely in the tiny % of players who just get even more of a helping hand with aim assist adjustments.

I'm unsure how they solve it now - swapping to exclusively input based matchmaking or removing crossplay?

Soldato
snip

I'm unsure how they solve it now - swapping to exclusively input based matchmaking or removing crossplay?

And it’s not meant as a criticism at all, genuinely tried to swap to controller for an hour and I couldn’t adjust :p it’s a skill set to use a controller competitively in a game, but CoD also rewards you on top.

I don’t see how or why they’d fix it; PC players have the option to use controllers too. Those of us who prefer m&kb and refuse to adapt will be in the minority and they’re just fine with that, it’s just become the way for CoD now.

Ultimately I still enjoy the game, it just doesn’t have that pre-BLOPS Warzone 1 feel to it.

Also in this post: old man complains of being old :D

Last edited:
Associate
And it’s not meant as a criticism at all, genuinely tried to swap to controller for an hour and I couldn’t adjust :p it’s a skill set to use a controller competitively in a game, but CoD also rewards you on top.

I don’t see how or why they’d fix it; PC players have the option to use controllers too. Those of us who prefer m&kb and refuse to adapt will be in the minority and they’re just fine with that, it’s just become the way for CoD now.

Ultimately I still enjoy the game, it just doesn’t have that pre-BLOPS Warzone 1 feel to it.

Also in this post: old man complains of being old :D
Nah, I never see it as a criticism cos I do feel that this game / COD since MW19 has increased the effect of aim assist. I do think people are just more tuned to a specific input - and then there's also a level of just game knowledge meaning you can adapt to both.

I'm a pretty good Battlefield player and I play that on mouse and keyboard, I can basically swap between inputs with no issue at all but I play with a friend who basically has used nothing but mouse and keyboard since he was 8 years old and if you give him a controller it's like watching a dog not understand what a ball is.

Totally feel you re: old man complains about being old, I'm 32 now - and if I think back to how I was playing MW2 back when I was 20 I'm just not that sharp anymore and have so much less patience.

Soldato
DLSS looks weird for me too. I found that the recommended settings option works best. It uses the NVIDIA scaler, not DLSS. Also turn off film grain, motion blur, and chromatic aberration

I'll give them settings a go.

Them game seems to be running smother than it was. They have definitely fixed a load of bugs

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Am I right in thinking that anyone who already has the crossbow has glitched it to unlock it already?

Seen loads of people with one these last two days.

Associate
Am I right in thinking that anyone who already has the crossbow has glitched it to unlock it already?

Seen loads of people with one these last two days.
Yeah, there was a glitch to get it on console. I did it yesterday and it worked fine - only works on console though unless you can find a way to play local multiplayer on PC.
  1. Back all the way out to the screen that says ‘Call of Duty’.
  2. Tap A/X to start but then quickly hit B/Circle and there should be a menu asking you if you want to retry your connection or go offline.
  3. Go offline. Scroll all the way to the right to local multiplayer. Select it.
  4. Navigate to weapons. Make a class. Find the gun you want, in this instance, the crossbow.
  5. Hold LT/L2 to pull up the weapon attachment screen. Hold LT/L2 and save it as a blueprint (You can create/build it how you want before saving it. Once you level it up and lock attachments just come back to this step).
  6. Go back to the screen that says ‘Call of Duty’ and go back online as normal.
  7. Select Multiplayer or Warzone (doesn’t work in DMZ). Go to create a class and head over to the crossbow and hold LT/L2 until the gunsmith pulls up. Push B/Circle two times.
  8. Congrats. You now have the weapon equipped and you can start to level it up/grind camos before having it officially unlocked.

Reactions: HRL
Back
Top Bottom