Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I wouldnt call the 'sense' It's just learning angles of the map and knowing that the chances are if you killed someone in top church, the chances are a teammate might be coming from downstairs or outside (right window)

No different to learning which windows or doors to pre aim in any FPS game.
There was a map on Soldier of fortune 2 which I played so much in around 2003 / 2004 that I could get about a 15/1 KD on one of the maps. I got called a cheater but really it was because I played that map for hours on end as a sniper - snipe from one window, move to other angle, snipe, repeat.
I think it was a custom map made for sniping / rifles but id remember it straight away and probably still be pretty good on it 20 years later!
Yup! And I think the unfortunate situation now is that so many players experienced the terrible patch on WZ1 with Verdansk where cheating was so frequent and prevalent that even now a lot of people just resort to 'definitely cheating' when it's just not the case.

I hit some lovely snipes the other night including a really nice double headshot then down - and the death comm is 'he did not miss a shot, cheating ****'. Like come on! At some point you have to just realise that not everyone is cheating.

Soldato
I wouldnt call the 'sense' It's just learning angles of the map and knowing that the chances are if you killed someone in top church, the chances are a teammate might be coming from downstairs or outside (right window)

No different to learning which windows or doors to pre aim in any FPS game.
There was a map on Soldier of fortune 2 which I played so much in around 2003 / 2004 that I could get about a 15/1 KD on one of the maps. I got called a cheater but really it was because I played that map for hours on end as a sniper - snipe from one window, move to other angle, snipe, repeat.
I think it was a custom map made for sniping / rifles but id remember it straight away and probably still be pretty good on it 20 years later!
Reminds me of High-rise in MW back in the day. Perks of One Man Army and have a claymore.

Climb to the top of the building, lay out a claymore at the top of the ladder. Snipe until you run out of bullets, use One Man Army to respawn and you spawn right back where you were because of your tactical insertion

Associate
I've just seen a video on YouTube from Exclusive Ace about the UAV bug, apparently it's only fixed on some of the maps - and even that fix is a partial fix.

Madness, this essentially ruined all of season 4 for me with how one sided games would be depending on who got the first UAV and snowballing from there.

OGRlOob.jpeg
I just shoot down UAVs until ghost is activated, normally takes a few seconds but can sometimes take a bit longer if it's far away and I have to reload.

Associate
I just shoot down UAVs until ghost is activated, normally takes a few seconds but can sometimes take a bit longer if it's far away and I have to reload.
Yeah, I've swapped away from my trusty knife secondary to using a rocket launcher to take them down - that's definitely helping!

Soldato
I believe @Guest2 had this issue not too long ago, Can't recall if it was a game issue causing it or a driver issue.
@Chuk_Chuk I noticed it after an update - temps were much hotter, frametimes all over and the game was a juddery mess. The frametimes and juddermess now seems to be resolved but not sure about temps. I'll have a look the next game I play

Im on 536.67 Nvidia driver, 3090 Ti@stock (3090 Ti SUPRIM X 24G)

Soldato
Game update caused anyone elses mic level to change? I need to use mic boost now (+20db) in my DAC settings to be heard.

Nothing changed at all recently, no doubt itll be back to normal and ill be super load after an upadted or 2!

Soldato
I've had problems with people not hearing me for a while. Discord is fine ☺️
Not really an option unfortunately.
I play with friends who have PS4, PS5 and Xbox. Using Discord doesnt work well (yet) when you have a console and basic headset.
Gane and discord audio doesnt cone through the sane headset so they need another speaker or something like that - what they have said to be

Soldato
Solos has to be the most infuriating game ever. To top it off, you're dumped on the other side of the map from where you were/died and there's no death marker on the map either.
Do they do that on purpose just to annoy people?

Back
Top Bottom