Car issues, engine failure.

Sorry to hear that you’re still having problems with Skoda. Iv got nothing to report on my Jag as they still haven’t inspected it yet and all the other garages I have contacted about potentially doing the job have all said not interested.
Seems they're all just being plain ass lazy then! :(

And to think I was told simply needed a new injector! half hour job lol

Fair enough, I got a decent response from Skoda UK when I wasn't happy with the dealership rejecting a warranty claim on the wheels, ended up with new wheels and a free service.

Maybe it's time to start the public comments on their social media, asking when you're getting your car back :p

JLR have been a company that have had the R&D budget of a packet of crisps for donkey years.

The F-Type is basically a cut and shut XK from the mid 00's underneath and you can still buy one of those today!

Even "modern" jags from the 90's were based on rear ends from the 1960's.

It is a shame really because JLR's design ethos of making cars out of aluminium is really cool and they are all generally really light compared to the competition.
The problem also seems to be that half the people in technical postitions in their manufacturing plant, have never actually manufactured anything, so they are fairly clueless from a quality point of view about whats ok and what isnt.

I think when they went to this whole no degree no full time contract shinanigans they absolutely shot themselves in the foot. Some of the quality Department people I've dealty with over the years that probably couldnt make a dinky car let alone a proper car. It is scary!

Seems they're all just being plain ass lazy then! :(

And to think I was told simply needed a new injector! half hour job lol

In the garage defence they are always busy, you need to book 2 months in advance usually. Today is 6 weeks sense I had the car towed there. If I haven’t heard anything by the end of tomorrow I will be contacting them for a update.

Yep, certainly shocking. But as I said in another reply they are very busy. I have been more shocked by the amount of garages that are not interested in the work. One garage stated they don’t like doing warranty work, has they have been stung before. What’s fair enough. Another said it’s to big of a job and they like the services and MOT failure repairs.

Yep, certainly shocking. But as I said in another reply they are very busy. I have been more shocked by the amount of garages that are not interested in the work. One garage stated they don’t like doing warranty work, has they have been stung before. What’s fair enough. Another said it’s to big of a job and they like the services and MOT failure repairs.
Yes it's quiet a specalist thing that. Not something you average servicing MOT garage are capable, or used to doing.

Warranty companies usually pay out less than the regular labor rate, plus they can be a fight to get a pay out at all. We never ever get involved with them. And yes the majority of garages these days want the in and out service and repair work. Having a ramp tied up for a week is not cost effective in comparison. Plus the potential issues that come with those bigger jobs.

Back
Top Bottom