*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Wanted to try out Glaco for a while. Applied it the other day and it went on easy and also very easy to buff off with no smearing or residue. Now looking forward to the rain tomorrow...

Xt227Xa.jpg

Gave her a good old scrub last Sunday too..
ZnclAYk.jpg
Nice!

I just put normal wax on my windscreen now when I wax the whole car lol

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on this

Don't be surprised if there's hardly any beading at slow speeds

Watch some videos on Rinseless washing. Various companies and products out there. This is just one...

Thank you!

Nice!

I just put normal wax on my windscreen now when I wax the whole car lol

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on this

Don't be surprised if there's hardly any beading at slow speeds
Yeah I've been using Auto Finesse Aqua wax and it's been decent for the windows too. It beads nicely, but the speed required to clear the windscreen was at least 40 mph. I'm hoping the Glacos threshold is lower.

Wanted to try out Glaco for a while. Applied it the other day and it went on easy and also very easy to buff off with no smearing or residue. Now looking forward to the rain tomorrow...

Xt227Xa.jpg

Good choice, I love the stuff. Did you use the Glaco compound first, or any kind of prep?

I've love Glaco stuff, I've even got the mirror coat for the wing mirrors. :D

Last edited:
Good choice, I love the stuff. Did you use the Glaco compound first, or any kind of prep?

I've love Glaco stuff, I've even got the mirror coat for the wing mirrors. :D
I clayed the windows instead didn't buy the Glaco compound. Let's see how it goes.

Lol that mirror stuff is pricey. Is it good?

Without endless scrolling and I'm sorry to ask because I'm sure it's in here multiple times. The inside of my windscreen is really grubby and smeared. I have no cleaning materials, what exactly should I buy (with links) please?

In all honesty, for the inside of the windscreen I just use a decent regular glass cleaner and a clean (washed) microfibre.

Without endless scrolling and I'm sorry to ask because I'm sure it's in here multiple times. The inside of my windscreen is really grubby and smeared. I have no cleaning materials, what exactly should I buy (with links) please?

Fairy liquid and a squeegee, with a towel on the dash.

It's the only way I get a streak free finish as the fairy liquid bonds well with the oils which evaporate from the plastic, causing the grubby-ness and smearing.

i have just added one of the best videos ive watched on auto detailing

its a podcast, but once you've seen it, you will understand that cleaning can be so simple and there's an efficient way to do things

you still need a glass cleaner like kenai said for the inside - fairy liquid alone doesn't cut it, for me
I use clear vue Autobrite ... just make sure you don't knock the mirror off, getting into the crevice at base of windscreen normally needs some contortionism though,
to get the upward pressure without putting product on the dash too, like leaning in backwards with one hand on the roof.

Yeah I used the MJCC with it, with Touch-Less but the older Touch-Less that wasn't as concentrated as the current version. I'm pretty sure it was 300ml product to 700ml water for 4% PIR. If you buy the new concentrated version you only need 2% maximum PIR, so 150ml to 850ml water.

Popped into Halfords as forgot to order some more Rapid Detailer - saw they also had Bumper and Trim Gel, so picked up one of those (was planning on getting the GTechniq but hadn't got round to ordering it)

Think I need to start going to AA meetings (AutoGlym Anonymous) :D

1Ab407Q.jpeg

Closest I'll get to a foam party with 2 dirty ladies :D

he3dIs1.jpeg

Foamed, Washed, Dried and then Plastics done with the Bumper and Trim Gel - which has done a great job (and smells Great!)

7BrNi3w.jpeg

iThP5hN.jpeg

"Before" photo of plastics was here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/car-wash-valet-detailing-thread.18972817/post-37211585

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom