*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Popped into Halfords as forgot to order some more Rapid Detailer - saw they also had Bumper and Trim Gel, so picked up one of those (was planning on getting the GTechniq but hadn't got round to ordering it)

Think I need to start going to AA meetings (AutoGlym Anonymous) :D

Closest I'll get to a foam party with 2 dirty ladies :D

Foamed, Washed, Dried and then Plastics done with the Bumper and Trim Gel - which has done a great job (and smells Great!)

7BrNi3w.jpeg

iThP5hN.jpeg

"Before" photo of plastics was here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/car-wash-valet-detailing-thread.18972817/post-37211585

Trim looks loads better with AG. Let us know how it fares after say driving through a rain shower etc. If its not streaky after rain then it's a winner.

Trim looks loads better with AG. Let us know how it fares after say driving through a rain shower etc. If its not streaky after rain then it's a winner.

I find all of them go a little streaky as the acidity eats into the coating a little. It's usually only the ceramic ones which are chemical resistant.

What drying aids are people using? I have tried ONR at various dilution rates 256:1 which is listed as rinseless wash ratio and 16:1 which is the drying aid ratio. It felt too sticky at 16:1 for my liking and 256 was better but still not better than using cheap old demon shine.

Optimum No Rinse Dilution Ratios (water: product)​

• Rinseless washing- 256:1
  • Water softener – 256:1
  • Glass cleaner – 256:1
  • Clay bar lubricant – 64:1
  • Quick detailer – 16:1
  • Drying aid – 16:1
  • Interior cleaner – 256:1
  • Before pre-rinsing – 256:1
  • Engine bay cleaning – 16:1

Optimum No Rinse Dilution Ratios (water: product)​

• Rinseless washing- 256:1
  • Water softener – 256:1
  • Glass cleaner – 256:1
  • Clay bar lubricant – 64:1
  • Quick detailer – 16:1
  • Drying aid – 16:1
  • Interior cleaner – 256:1
  • Before pre-rinsing – 256:1
  • Engine bay cleaning – 16:1

DIY detail rinseless is

All the above 256:1

Also wheel and tyre cleaner , and soft tops, and leather etc

I have a Race Glaze water filter. Leaves zero water marks. No need to hand dry.

That's interesting, never heard of that and I'm in a very hard water area. Does it affect the pressure at all? I will do some more reading on that.

DIY detail rinseless is

Is that the same mixture if you buy the small or large bottle? I know sometimes these change and the small bottles are ready mixed and the bulk buy can be diluted. I might give a small bottle a try.

Cars were a bit dirty, couldn’t be bothered with a hand wash, so did a Bilthamber pressure wash. Amazing how clean it comes up. Mostly just dust this time of year anyway. Once I use this stuff up I need to get the touch less version.

That's interesting, never heard of that and I'm in a very hard water area. Does it affect the pressure at all? I will do some more reading on that.

Is that the same mixture if you buy the small or large bottle? I know sometimes these change and the small bottles are ready mixed and the bulk buy can be diluted. I might give a small bottle a try.

the small bottle Vs the 5L one , no difference except cost, you save lots buying the 5L

My water is as hard as it gets and cleans spotless. You don't use it with a pressure washer (You can but you will just waste the resin and you need gauze to stop from sucking the resin into your washer). You wash with a pressure washer as normal then connect the vessel and rinse off with the hose which removes all the hard water and then just leave it to air dry. I have connected mine on a splitter so just switch between what water I want to use.

7dsFyrm.jpeg

Yeah you can get 7 litre and 14 litre. I got the 14 litre simply because I will only change the resin once a year as I have 3 cars to clean. All the resin comes in 7 litre bags anyway. I haven't towel dried once since getting it.

Last edited:
DIY detail rinseless is

When you break it down like that it has so many uses. Recently just finished some upholstery cleaner, leather cleaner and nearly finishing some BH Auto wash so for those items alone Rinseless would cover all basis with money spent on perhaps iron remover and some decent towels or brushes etc

People with Ryobi / Karcher / whatever pressure washers. Have you managed to find a snow foam attachment that goes into the existing lance? Or have you just bought a new lance? I'm having trouble finding one that goes into the Ryobi that I can just swap out when not using the foam.

People with Ryobi / Karcher / whatever pressure washers. Have you managed to find a snow foam attachment that goes into the existing lance? Or have you just bought a new lance? I'm having trouble finding one that goes into the Ryobi that I can just swap out when not using the foam.
Which Ryobi model is it?

I know there are Ryobi machines that use a similar attachment system to Greenworks, which use the Nilfisk/Kew/alto adapters.

There's a good image (last image of the options) on the listing here that gives sizes. If you have a ruler/calipers, perhaps you can measure up?

That's for the cannon with the adapter included, I'm sure you'll be able to find the adapter on its own on Amazon.

convert it to quick connect

Which Ryobi model is it?

I know there are Ryobi machines that use a similar attachment system to Greenworks, which use the Nilfisk/Kew/alto adapters.

There's a good image (last image of the options) on the listing here that gives sizes. If you have a ruler/calipers, perhaps you can measure up?

That's for the cannon with the adapter included, I'm sure you'll be able to find the adapter on its own on Amazon.

Amazon has lots with Ryobi fittings, searching for 'snow foam gun ryobi' brings up at least 20.

That's all for the replies. It is a Ryobi RPW120B. After lots of measuring I think I have found what looks like the correct attachment to allow a quick connect foam lance. Will have to wait for it to turn up and try.

Back
Top Bottom