Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics

It's a simple matter of fact that any top ranking sports person /athlete is already a very extreme outlier in terms of their biological makeup. You can train all you want... But unless you have the right biological makeup to start you will never succeed in most sports at the elite level.

Much like the 50%+ of intelligence that is down to biological makeup and not the environment or upbringing... (sorry people facts don't care for your feelings.... some people are born relatively smart, some athletic, some weak and some stupid of course that's not to say that we can't all improve ourselves with our own ranges)

Now we either decide to let sports be....

1) a (biological) sex free for all where men and women compete together (either with or without allowing for some degree of doping etc) In which case expect to see women dissappear from the higher reaches of a lot of sports (let's not forget that female players like Serena, much like the elite male tennis players, are only as good as they are due to their biological makeup and the vast sums of money that can be invested in keeping them at the top of their respective games. If she was competing in a mixed environment she would not be able to have so much money spent her as she would be a lower ranked player earning less money so, much like the men closer to her in ranking, would have less money than could be spent on maintaining her performance)

Or 2) we decide to allow a protected stream of female only competition to exist in tandem with the male games.

If we decide on options 2) then, in my opinion, intersex and male to female transgender people should be barred from competing in the women's game or otherwise you can expect many 'female' sports to be disproportionately populated with transgender and intersex competitors because both categories (all other things being equal) will give the respective competitors an advantage over non intersex, biological cis women.

Some people may think this is 'unfair' but elite sport has very little to do with fairness.... There is a reason that there has never been an international champion Chinese 100m sprinter but yet there has been a massive overepresentation of elite sprinters from certain area in the Caribbean... It's down to genetic differences in their respective population groups. Sure you still need to train really hard to be the best but effort only takes you so far.

So the decision, I would say, is either a free for all or allow separate, parallel competition within protected charcteristics (and stick rigidly to them)

Biological sex is a very sensible characteristic to use to separate competition (much like weight is in boxing)

Last edited:
In fairness, he was previously inside the top 50, there was no truth to him drinking before the game and Serena and Venus were teenagers when the game was player. Serena at 30 >>>> Serena at 16.

He wasn't even really 203 at the time, since he was being re-ranked further down. He smoked during matches, said he wasn't playing very seriously against the Williams sisters (specifically, he said he was playing like he was ranked about 600) and where did you get the information about him not drinking before the game?

Sure, she'd be better now than she was then. But she'd have no chance against a ranked man. Even if she was only 10% lower on strength and speed, that's a hell of a gap at the top of a sport. She could beat most men on strength and speed and almost all men on skill, but not close to the top. I'd be surprised if she'd make the top 500 ranking.

I watched Caster Semenya in the 1500m earlier she finished 3rd, she spent 90% of the race near the back of the group and then with about 50yrds to go destroyed half of the field with a sprint, it seemed poorly executed though because if she hadn't let the others get away she'd have out sprinted them easily at the end. Her physique is far more muscular than the other women, I think half this forum would be proud of her biceps. :p

I watched Caster Semenya in the 1500m earlier she finished 3rd, she spent 90% of the race near the back of the group and then with about 50yrds to go destroyed half of the field with a sprint, it seemed poorly executed though because if she hadn't let the others get away she'd have out sprinted them easily at the end. Her physique is far more muscular than the other women, I think half this forum would be proud of her biceps. :p

Yea, almost perfect male form :D

yeah and it cost GB athlete Laura Muir a medal...

I have zero interest in athletics, but I looked up from reading the paper when my wife who was watching TV news, said, "A South African woman has just edged out a Scots girl in a race, but the South African woman looks a bit like a man."
I froze the TV screen, then rewound it, freezing it again to study the 'woman' in question.
Colour me ungallant, but if I'd met her/him/it in a bar in Cape Town when I was "in the life", there would have been no danger of my 'putting the bite' on her/him/it.

Allowing blokes to compete against women is just retarded. We should move to a competition where a flash of the genitals to a doctor should be the only entry requirement. No drug tests, no nationality nonsense... Just turn up and compete.

Watch those world records go! :p

I said before, the thing that bugs me is, olympics is supposed to be about the best of the best athletes, ultra competition, pushing yourself to the limit and only the people who try their hardest win. A medal is supposed to mean something.... but Caster's times are dire for men(despite a male physique and male test levels), when on pills to reduce test levels her times against women were bad, her style/gait/form all looks terrible. When he runs you can see it's all power, this isn't someone at the top of the sport, this isn't someone who works ultra hard and wins deservedly. This is effectively someone who due to a fluke qualifies in the wrong category(though absolutely shouldn't) and can stroll to medals without the level of training or dedication that is supposed to be the hallmark of a olympian.

The other women who have trained hard every day of their life to get to that final in Brazil only to be absolutely blown out of the water by at least two, maybe three people who in no way should have qualified for the event is against everything the olympics stands for. Quite simply if he/she was the best of the best they'd be competitive with men at his current test levels of competitive with women when on the test reducing drugs. It tarnishes the entire reason for the olympics imo, when someone can half arse or essentially cheat their way to medals and money.

Back
Top Bottom