Cat C Bike

Associate
Can you post up pics of when you change your front brake lines. I'm not beginning to worry I've bitten off more than I can chew lol.

Do you need to remove any body work?

Caporegime
OP
Can you post up pics of when you change your front brake lines. I'm not beginning to worry I've bitten off more than I can chew lol.

Do you need to remove any body work?

24wcbhu.jpg

t5hv10.jpg

del9tx.jpg

2dbwl03.jpg

2z6bmfo.jpg

10pt4aw.jpg

I just removed the front mudguard,you can either fully drain the system or just do what I did undo the bolts and catch any spills and put the bolts back in temporary till your ready,it'll stop it leaking out,i put the bolt back in that goes in the yoke its where the original lines split into a Y shape,mop up any spills with a rag and wash everything down with hot soapy water afterwards

301h8ch.jpg

EDIT: you do most of the bleeding through the nipple up by the lever,being radial brakes/lever,still bleed a little from each caliper though

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for those pics Wazza,

After giving Lucy her weekly wash I've decided that white brake lines will end up being a good choice :)

https://vimeo.com/146500700/

I set up the ZooM H2n but I forgot to press record and then the neighbours got annoyed so didn't re-record or go above 5PRM lol but the phone camera sounds alright.

Caporegime
OP
oooh an alarm,you are posh:D it does sound rather meaty I like it;) those akrapovics are so expensive

I think you'll be ok with the lines,id never changed any before and it wasn't too bad (its easier to bleed with the nipple near the reservoir)

I like your swingarm covers aswell,only gripe about those is how they attach? I think they use black silicone type adhesive on them,i might cheap out and do glossy carbon fibre wrap (just to protect the paint from the stone chips as they always chip around there)

Last edited:
Associate
HAHA!!

I was planning on doing it in two weeks time when I have a few days off of work but I've gone and got myself some of the same brake lines that Wazza has gone for coming so I'll do it all at once and try not to eff up :)

edit: awful English, corrected.

Last edited:
Soldato
ordered a numberplate,used the link that tom-e posted

whats the general consensus on how to attach it? ive always used plastic bolts/washers but tempted for a cleaner sticky pad method,provided it don't fall off

I've had my 7x5 on with sticky stuff that came with it for months now. Absolutely perfect and actually stuck more solidly than the normal plastic screws, plus looks way better as you don't have any holes/plastic bolts.

I guess the only problem with stickies is if they do want to fail MOT on the plate then it might be a pain to have to unstick and put full size plate back on.

Last edited:
Associate
I use the standard Yellow/Black plastic bolts with a 10mm nut on the back.

Easy to swap plates over at MOT time. There isn't much stopping someone from undoing it though. They'd only need a 10mm spanner/Flat head screwdriver but then I don't leave Lucy out that often for long.

Associate
Not yet, brake bleed kit arrived today though (posted a pic in other thread). Ready to rumble although overtime at work is going to be killer in the run up to Christmas but fingers crossed I get them fitted give them a quick test before roads become too nasty.

Caporegime
OP
I think I might re route my rear line,im not sure if I have it the correct way

they don't come with any instructions as to which way round they go,the front are straight forward but the rear can be fitted either way round

Back
Top Bottom