Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

Associate
If I caught the scum that do such things to pets then believe me they would not do it again.

@ac1d1ty - sorry, I really cannot see your argument here. Low-life that do such things cannot, in my opinion, be classed as human. They have no right to be regarded better than an animal because, by their actions, they clearly do not act like compassionate, sentient beings.

@ OP - I am very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. You, and Teddy, are in my thoughts.

RIP Faithful friend.

Associate
OP
Really feel for you, I would be sick to the core with rage knowing what Ted must have gone through.

Seriously report it to the Police though. The chances are that whoever shot the cat lives very close by indeed as I doubt Ted could drag himself that far. Whoever it was needs some sort of caution / big time telling off.

Actually does it not seem a bit strange that you found him in a box? Would he really have been able to get into that? Was it low down? Perhaps the neighbour you spoke to was feeling guilty or knew more than he was letting on?

RIP Ted :(

I would hope that if the culprit was found (and were of sufficient age) they could be prosecuted under some animal welfare or firearms legislation.
I would assume they are nearby, but I guess yobs driving around taking pot shots could be another explanation, however scary/unlikely.
I think the box in the shed was on its side, allowing him to crawl inside it, plus the neighbours shed and garden fences have holes in to allow her own cats through.

My thanks to everyone for their thoughtful comments and condolences.

Soldato
yet he clearly cares for animals himself, or is it just selected animals he cares about.
I care about the cute ones, same as those greenpeace hippies :p

The story of a family pet being crippled and left to crawl around, presumably in pain, before it's found by its owner and put down is disturbing. The story of a whale being caught and killed, in compliance with existing laws, is not.

Soldato
Sorry to hear about your cat, sickening to do that to an animal.

I had an air rifle when I was young but would take it down the marshes and only shoot at coke cans I took with me.

I don't understand some people.

Permabanned
So sorry to hear about your cat - I can't imagine what you must be going through right now.

You must contact the police and the newspapers as for all you know this may have happened in your area before so this could be part of a pattern.

RIP Teddy.

_ST

_ST

Associate
I care about the cute ones, same as those greenpeace hippies :p

The story of a family pet being crippled and left to crawl around, presumably in pain, before it's found by its owner and put down is disturbing. The story of a whale being caught and killed, in compliance with existing laws, is not.

I have seen enough from your posts to know you talk complete jibberish. Like in the whaling post they take an hour to die so do not see much difference there. Lets not get off topic and take away from the post, you IMO have made yourself look silly enough already with the comebacks. There is no difference in these two animals being killed. Both feel pain and both have to suffer pain, the difference here is that you clearly think cats are cute and whales aren't rather than actually caring for animals. My work is done here.

Soldato
this kinda thing makes me want to go out and hurt people.
I hope they find the people who did this and nail their balls to the floor.

Soldato
My work is done here.
Whales allegedly take up to an hour or two to die and they die for their meat/blubber. That I can understand. This cat suffered for days(?, hours at least) and died for no apparent reason. It concerns me that you can't see the difference.

Soldato
Find out who it was, 4chan the story = result. Seriously.

Worked before.

Sorry about the loss dude. Had a cat named Teddy that i lost awhile back. Sucks :(

_ST

_ST

Associate
Whales allegedly take up to an hour or two to die and they die for their meat/blubber. That I can understand. This cat suffered for days(?, hours at least) and died for no apparent reason. It concerns me that you can't see the difference.

Are you mentally ill?

So if someone killed a cat the same way but then ate it would that be ok then?

Soldato
Don't take this personally, but its viewpoints like yours that help explain the massacres that have happened over the course of time.

To ever consider an animal as being more valuable than a human, to me is a sign of mental illness.

No one is trying to argue the worth of a cat, they are nice pleasant creatures that can help make a home.

However again, to consider the life of a feline over that of a human being just cheapens people as a whole.

I would happily kill 20,000 cats for one chav scum that I despise

your the one sounding mental...

dont get where you took that i think animals are more valuable than humans either ?

id save a human over saving an animal every single time. but i still think its FAR worse to bully/hurt/torture an animal or anything else that cant defend itself than it is to do the same to someone who can defend themselves. picking on the weak like whoever shot OPs cat did is sickening

Soldato
Very sorry to hear this HaMMus.
I shoot and I own a cat and if I ever caught anyone shooting an air gun at him, then the very least they'd get is a .25 pellet fired up the urethra.
Whilst some people innately have no compassion most of us decent folk have to be backed into a corner to behave in a similar manner. At least Teddy doesn't have to run the gauntlet of scum any more.

Back
Top Bottom