Census 2021

Permabanned
Lots of unemployed people in this census who are gonna find jobs shortly after census day. Defo need another census sooner than 10 years so we know where we really stand.

Soldato
Lots of unemployed people in this census who are gonna find jobs shortly after census day. Defo need another census sooner than 10 years so we know where we really stand.
Yeah it's stupidly timed this, normally most weekends we'd have one of the niece's staying over the weekend with us but not at the minute.
A few of the other questions as well, it's certainly not a true reflection of our normal lives.

Soldato

But why is the census data so important? If loads of people find jobs after census day, well the government still know that because HMRC have the records.

I fail to see why a 10 year record has any bearing on local services either. Local councils know who lives where, they know who is claiming all sorts of benefits, they know who is registered disabled. HMRC know who pays tax, where you work, where you live. Medical records know all about your health. I could go on.

Why does it matter what the census says?

Soldato
Yeah i mean 20 to 30 years ago, and certainly before that, all our records would have been on paperwork locally kept by various mixes of departments, local doctors offices etc. It would have been impossible to pool that data so the census made sense then. That is not the case anymore, but its a very recent and fast moving development.

I think in the not so distant future the census will be redundant, or should be. Many people will want it kept for the sake of tradition.

Soldato
But why is the census data so important? If loads of people find jobs after census day, well the government still know that because HMRC have the records.

I fail to see why a 10 year record has any bearing on local services either. Local councils know who lives where, they know who is claiming all sorts of benefits, they know who is registered disabled. HMRC know who pays tax, where you work, where you live. Medical records know all about your health. I could go on.

Why does it matter what the census says?
Because it has a lot more scope than what is officially held, and those official departments have no right asking a large majority of the questions.

Yeah it's stupidly timed this, normally most weekends we'd have one of the niece's staying over the weekend with us but not at the minute.
A few of the other questions as well, it's certainly not a true reflection of our normal lives.
I dunno there was one held in between WW1 and WW2 and shortly after WW2 too. I can assure you, whilst the GOBERMENT hate is real on this forum, it will have been well thought through as to scope and timing.

Soldato
Definitely been asked about religion in other places.

And ive been asked what my gender is on every application ive ever made. HMRC will surely know I am male. Gender identity is irrelevant. Does a male who thinks they are female need different local services?

Soldato
Definitely been asked about religion in other places.

And ive been asked what my gender is on every application ive ever made. HMRC will surely know I am male. Gender identity is irrelevant. Does a male who thinks they are female need different local services?
"Who's staying at your house on March 21st"

Soldato
It will be tiny but in any case its worthless information.

We live where we live and HMRC, local councils, banks, medical records, schools, and loads of other institutions know where that is, how old we are, what we're paid, what benefits we claim etc etc etc.

That is the data that needs to be used to decide on local services, not that I happened to be visiting my mom on the 21st March for one day.

Its just dumb.

Back
Top Bottom