Poll: Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Manchester United - 27th May 2009 *SPOILERS*

Who will you be supporting on Wednesday

• Barcelona

Votes: 87 36.4%
  • That other team

Votes: 152 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Back away from the keyboard and come back when you can get your point across without ranting.

I'm entitled to dislike whoever I want. Ronaldo happens to have caught my attention through football. Regardless if I met him in the street or not, I still think he's a nob. I do not hate Ronaldo for 'no' reason, I dislike him for the egotistical, arrogant, selfish, cheating ******* that he really is. If these happened to be the dominant characteristics which I saw in you for instance, I'd dislike you in equal measure; they're not pretty in anyone.

I know there's far more important crap in life. I beat that drum a hell of a lot more than you do my friend, so let's not waste time here because I'll only end up running rings around you and you're ranting as it is.

Just trust me when I say this: calm down, re-read my original post as it was intended, and not as what you're assuming it to be. I don't 'hate' anyone if you're taking the term as the obsessive finality which I'm assuming you are. I am however, completely entitled to dislike or like whatever and whomever I bloody well please.

I dislike the club for many, many reasons (not least some of the players in their current roster) and I really dislike Ronaldo for who he is, not which club he plays for.

Oooh the ironing Missus.

Ronaldo and his ego(again someone you have never met, just judging based on what you have seen on TV or read in the paper) And you can now 'run rings round me'. Of course your entitled to hate/dislike whoever or whatever you want to 'my friend' it still doesn't make your reason for doing so any more valid.

Just lol

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Oooh the ironing Missus.

Ronaldo and his ego(again someone you have never met, just judging based on what you have seen on TV or read in the paper) And you can now 'run rings round me'. Of course your entitled to hate/dislike whoever or whatever you want to 'my friend' it still doesn't make your reason for doing so any more valid.

Just lol

Oh, so you're telling me that you disagree and that Ronaldo is the pinnacle of humanity?

No, it's not based on what other people have told me, it's what I've seen with my own two eyes and the conclusions I've drawn from the congnitive processes which go on between my ears; these are of course, based on my philosophies, experiences and ideals. There is no green-eyes monster here; I simply dislike the bugger due to the characteristics which he constistantly proves to be the make-up of his personality. I have not yet in all these years seen anything to prove me wrong - of course that could change should I meet and speak to him, but as it stands I go by what I can see. There are thousands of other footballers that I'm completely neautral towards - had it not occured to you that there must be good reasons why not only have I singled him out, but the fact that I've noticed them in the first place?

You're the one who incorrectly jumped the gun thinking I was hating someone purely based on their affiliation - no, that would be akin to hating a stranger in the street as they're a Christian, etc. - I can understand where your anger comes from there but the simple fact is you are wrong in this instance.

If you don't like being patronised, stop talking crap. I'm perfectly happy to have a reasoned debate with you as soon as you start making sense and stop ranting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, so you're telling me that you disagree and that Ronaldo is the pinnacle of humanity?
Haha, considering you originally told us you hate* the guy, for nothing other than the fact he rolls around on some grass once a week?

You're the one ranting here, and I really don't see why. You hate Ronaldo, big deal.

*Later retracted, of course. When you said you "hate" him, you didn't actually mean you hated him. Obviously.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Haha, considering you originally told us you hate* the guy, for nothing other than the fact he rolls around on some grass once a week?

You're the one ranting here, and I really don't see why. You hate Ronaldo, big deal.

*Later retracted, of course. When you said you "hate" him, you didn't actually mean you hated him. Obviously.

I'm really not ranting. Ranting would be shouting in the incoherent declamatory manner much like Loki currently is. I'm not attacking any poster here, I've merely explained my distaste for a certain footballer when it was relevent.

Yes, I 'hate' him (hate being the strong dislike and not a vehement obsession), but I can't go around explaining each and every one of the meanings behind my words. Sometimes leeway must be granted. Forgive me if I didn't expect someone on a high-horse to jump down my throat about it over his own misconception.

I dislike Ronaldo as a person, this has nothing to do with clubs. Although I will admit, I think clubs are a reflection of the players as much as a player is a reflection of the club.

Yes, big deal - I agree - I can quite happily wake up tomorrow and get on with my life. I don't give that much of a crap if truth be told. The only reason I mentioned it of course was becuase it was on topic. Something which this thread is in danger of losing sight of. I'm more annoyed with people jumping down my throat over something so stupid.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I dislike him as a person, this has nothing to do with clubs.

How can you possibly say you hate someone as a person when you have never met them? You can't draw such strong feelings from the little we see of his person through football.

I've got my suspicions the poll is a trap, anyone voting for the team that isn't Barcelona will have their card marked. :eek:

Oh bugger :eek:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
How can you possibly say you hate someone as a person when you have never met them? You can't draw such strong feelings from the little we see of his person through football.

Already admitted that my opinion might change, but I'm going by what I can see. The guy could indeed by a lovely guy privately, but publically and especially on the pitch (where the most attention is paid) he's a nobber and it's as simple as that. I don't go around telling people I hate him - I only brought it up as it was relevent to the discussion at hand which is somewhere back there now.

Soldato

No, it's not based on what other people have told me, it's what I've seen with my own two eyes and the conclusions I've drawn from the congnitive processes which go on between my ears; these are of course, based on my philosophies, experiences and ideals. There is no green-eyes monster here; I simply dislike the bugger due to the characteristics which he constistantly proves to be the make-up of his personality. I have not yet in all these years seen anything to prove me wrong - of course that could change should I meet and speak to him, but as it stands I go by what I can see. There are thousands of other footballers that I'm completely neautral towards - had it not occured to you that there must be good reasons why not only have I singled him out, but the fact that I've noticed them in the first place?

You're the one who incorrectly jumped the gun thinking I was hating someone purely based on their affiliation - no, that would be akin to hating a stranger in the street as they're a Christian, etc. - I can understand where your anger comes from there but the simple fact is you are wrong in this instance.

If you don't like being patronised, stop talking crap. I'm perfectly happy to have a reasoned debate with you as soon as you start making sense and stop ranting.

Ok let's take this from bottom to top, don't be under any illusion that you are in a position to patronise me. It only matters if you mean something, You are 3 letters on a forum and for that you mean absolutely nothing to me. Patronising has and will never come into the equation.

My point, which either you chosen to ignore or was maybe a little too subtle whilst you were on the march to the top of the moral high ground, was that hating someone, or in this instance a team because they have a certain player in the team is a nonsense.

Too many rivalries & bitterness exist because of stupid comments like

Man Utd have Ronaldo so I'm entitled to hate
It sounds like a bitter rant that you hear on the football phone ins.

However when did logic and common sense apply to football.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Ok let's take this from bottom to top, don't be under any illusion that you are in a position to patronise me. It only matters if you mean something, You are 3 letters on a forum and for that you mean absolutely nothing to me. Patronising has and will never come into the equation.

Good, then let's put that particular grievance to bed.

My point, which either you chosen to ignore or was maybe a little too subtle whilst you were on the march to the top of the moral high ground, was that hating someone, or in this instance a team because they have a certain player in the team is a nonsense.

No Loki, I understood this several posts back. It's your own misconception as I've explained time and time again this has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the person at hand.

Too many rivalries & bitterness exist because of stupid comments like

Which explains where your rant came from, but it was ill suited to be thrown in my direction. I'm not one of those people who gives a crap about who or what team someone supports. Take the damn football, etc. out of the equation and look at how Ronaldo behaves - I think he's a nob (that is, I dislike him) for that.

It sounds like a bitter rant that you hear on the football phone ins.

Shame, because it's not.

However when did logic and common sense apply to football.

I agree, I guess I gave you lot too much credit earlier. I'll have to be more careful with my words lest people get itchy trigger fingers again.

It was an off-cuff remark. It was never intended to offend as it was only descriptive and as far as I'm concerned my reasoning is not based on emotion but based on cold, hard experience and cognition. Just as I could see some bloke in the street behaving in a manner in which I disapprove, I can see it in Ronaldo. As I said, I see qualities in him I would dislike if I saw them in you; it doesn't mean I'm going to lose sleep over it though. I gave you lot too much leeway when I used the term 'hate', thinking you'd be sensible enough and give me enough credit to understand where it was coming from.

Don't lump me in with those crazy football fans or the ignorant rivalries, because I have nothing to do with them. I am an individual with their own views. I have no prejudices bar the friendly banter when it comes to the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom