Champion's League Final **Will include spoilers**

Man of Honour
GBB said:
I don't get why everyone is talking about Arsenal being 'a young team'

You got Henry's age wrong, he is not 29.

The reason they talk about Arsenal as a 'young team' is because a lot of young players have been used earlier this season:

Flamini
Clichy
Senderos
Toure
Eboue
Fabregas
Hleb
Cole
Reyes
Van Persie

^all of the above are aged 25 or under, and all have featured in the Champions League this season. In fact IIRC in one of our earlier knockout matches the average age of the outfield players was under 23.

Soldato
why was all the pundits last night berating the ref, yet no one said anything about lehmans utter stupid tackle. he should have been red carded a number of times in the prem this season and last night was just catching up with him.

Soldato
As much as i'd like to complain about stuff i can't really. Lehman had to be sent off and we were lucky the goal didn't stand. Eboue dived for the free kick but that was sort of cancelled out by Eto's offside goal. The game of football was over at 17 minutes and i knew we'd never win, was surprised we lasted so long in front as everyone was knackered. Henry should have had 2 goals though he definately should have scored the first, a little dink was all that was needed as the keeper was already grounded, would have been a different game if he had. Obsolutely gutted really and it was a massive anti climax after the sending off but i can't moan about the result :(. Maybe next year eh.

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
why was all the pundits last night berating the ref, yet no one said anything about lehmans utter stupid tackle. he should have been red carded a number of times in the prem this season and last night was just catching up with him.

Yeah , I said earlier in the thread hes had it coming to him for a while.
Might be a good shot stopper but the bloke is a liability.

Oh , and Eto'o wasnt offside Cliffy. :)

Soldato
In actual fact Arsenal were lucky that the ref didn't award the goal AND send Lehman off - if he plays advantage he is within his rights to bring back play isn't he?

Has to be said though that the referee was very poor last night (Not an arsenal fan), the Henry booking is just one example of a terrible decision that could have haunted him later in the game if Henry had made a genuinely bad tackle.

Soldato
Vandle said:
Yeah , I said earlier in the thread hes had it coming to him for a while.
Might be a good shot stopper but the bloke is a liability.

Oh , and Eto'o wasnt offside Cliffy. :)

i feel the same about a lot of the arsenal players sadly, they dive, elbow and cheat their way through the premiership and then expect nothing back in return.

and yep i thought the first goal was just onside, doesnt the rule say if there isnt clear daylight between the defender and the attacker then its not offside?

Soldato
CliffyG said:
Someone was offside on one of their goals.

In the rules, when there is a 50/50 offside decision, the ref is supposed to give the advantage to the attacking side.

Really if you think about it, the 2 barca goals were okay. I think the main reason why everyone is slating the ref is because he ruined what could have been a great game by not playing the advantage when the mad german came out and gave etto a goosing.

Soldato
Dennis Bergkamp, Goodbye you are a Legend. One of the greatest players to set foot on this planet.

Never, ever, outgunned. **** the naysayers, we’ll be back next year, more determined than ever. - Tom, Arseblogger

Soldato
The_One said:
We better get good money for henry :mad: :( :(

We wont get hardly anything. Make him see out his contract lol

I dont think he will go there. I dont think he liked the way that barca played and my opinion will go down if he goes there after what he said about them.

Lossing Henry would be a nightmare.

Man of Honour
The Edge said:
In actual fact Arsenal were lucky that the ref didn't award the goal AND send Lehman off - if he plays advantage he is within his rights to bring back play isn't he?

Davey_Pitch said:
He didn't disallow a perfectly good goal, he'd already stopped play. As HangTime correctly pointed out earlier, Lehmann would have been red carded for bringing down E'to and denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. If the ref had allowed play to go on and the goal stood, he couldn't have sent off Lehmann as he'd denied them nothing (considering they scored). IMO it should have been a goal and a yellow card.

Soldato
Well it didn't take long for the mastercard adverts...

henrypriceless.jpg

lehmannpanzer2bx.jpg

mastercard.jpg

Edit: Hard to quickly modify the henry one! lol :eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't know why people think Henrey choked. Yes, he missed that great chance in the 2nd half, but he hardly saw the ball otherwise and when he did he always looked dangerous (including skipping past Puyol like he wasn't even there). He was always going to struggle when he lost his support and had to play up front on his own.

Back
Top Bottom