Channel 4 vs Sky for 2019

Caporegime
Fingers crossed Sky will offer some deals next year, or split the F1 channel from the sports package for a bit of discount.

Looks to be Sky TV package, Or Now TV. F1 TV won't even offer the live race in the UK.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sky numbers. No way will they rise by 2.5m

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-crash-soar-2019-exclusive-deal-a8513276.html

Not sure if it's still going but at the start of the season they offered the F1 and HD for £15 for 12 months. You can get a single channel on the standard price for £18pm too.

There has been some talk of a highlights deal but Sky would be barmy to announce it this far out. They want all the nice newly contracted customers. It'll be announced as late as possible, possibly within a week or two of the new season starting.

Caporegime
Fingers crossed Sky will offer some deals next year, or split the F1 channel from the sports package for a bit of discount.

Looks to be Sky TV package, Or Now TV. F1 TV won't even offer the live race in the UK.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sky numbers. No way will they rise by 2.5m

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-crash-soar-2019-exclusive-deal-a8513276.html

The OFCOM regulated events list doesn't even include the British GP so it doesn't have to be live on FTA.

Soldato
Another nail in the coffin of F1 tbh. Viewing figures are already bleeding.

There are a few *cough* other sources to watch it though ;)

But yes, F1TV has the live option while VPNing through Germany. 8 euros a month. When you make an account put Germany as your country. Not sure about payment, they might clock you then. Might need a friend in Germany to pay for you :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another nail in the coffin of F1 tbh. Viewing figures are already bleeding.
TBH they've been declining for a while and do Sponsors really care about viewing figures in the UK? I suspect not so much. Their primary focus is the far east where the number of people with newly disposable income is rising at as massive rate. These are the people that are buying their first mobile phone or looking at their first luxury purchase like a Rolex or a Mercedes. While they do care about the UK audience, it's not their primary focus at the moment. The UK is a mature market with the majority of customers already being marketed to and having adverts thrown at them on a daily basis. The amount of potential customer growth is very small unlike China etc.

Caporegime
At least with the prices sky want its not even a temptation.
Which probably is case for a lot of people who who don't have sky. Its not like you are going to pay 40 when you paid nothing before

Soldato
TBH they've been declining for a while and do Sponsors really care about viewing figures in the UK? I suspect not so much. Their primary focus is the far east where the number of people with newly disposable income is rising at as massive rate. These are the people that are buying their first mobile phone or looking at their first luxury purchase like a Rolex or a Mercedes. While they do care about the UK audience, it's not their primary focus at the moment. The UK is a mature market with the majority of customers already being marketed to and having adverts thrown at them on a daily basis. The amount of potential customer growth is very small unlike China etc.

But then losing the UK viewers and sponsors will also cost them a ton of money. Not to mention if Silverstone drops of the calendar.

Caporegime
But then losing the UK viewers and sponsors will also cost them a ton of money. Not to mention if Silverstone drops of the calendar.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Silverstone will remain. They'll get a better deal and I'd be shocked if the teams weren't up in arms about it. It gives the teams a chance to stay at home for a few nights extra, especially for Racing Point Force India.

Soldato
It's a shame the teams haven't tried to do something to be honest.
At the end of the day the majority of teams are in the UK, UK viewing figures are always falling, and now it's getting worse.
I suspect Silverstone will go in the next 5 years as well.

Soldato
Soldato
would that get me F1 for free?
If he can view F1 on his Sky package you can view it on sky go via pc, phone and tablet as long as he’s not using more than two devices already. It’s live view only though so no recording.

Unfortunately for me as I cancelled sky, 4 family members have all either cancelled or removed sky sports so I’ll probably end up not watching next year unless there are free highlights

Back
Top Bottom