charles and camilla attacked

Soldato
If they'd been in a Jag or Audi, no one would have noticed them. Instead they go in a Phantom. :rolleyes:

+1

let's slum it darling see what the students are upto.

I listen to Radio 4 friday night comedy and there were jokes about the tories trying to recreate victorian times where you have the elite educated and the poor uneducated peasants.

This bill looks like, despite the humourous slant, they weren't too far off.

Caporegime
Plus its my understanding that its the uni's who'll decide if they charge upto £9000, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that'll be the more posher uni's.

How do you think the the "non-posh" universities are going to become posher? I've yet to be convinced that any university will want to keep their tuition fees as low as possible, it will just make their product (ugh) look cheap and who would want a degree described as cheap on their CV?

Soldato
Plus its my understanding that its the uni's who'll decide if they charge upto £9000, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that'll be the more posher uni's.

Still at the end of the day, dis-facing the churchill monument and claiming on the cenotaph is beyond a joke, not to mention attack our future kings in his car!?

GO HOME AND HAVE A SHOWER YOU STUPID PEOPLE.

Are you a student ? Your grammar and spelling is horrendous.

Man of Honour
How do you think the the "non-posh" universities are going to become posher? I've yet to be convinced that any university will want to keep their tuition fees as low as possible, it will just make their product (ugh) look cheap and who would want a degree described as cheap on their CV?

Thereby showing a complete lack of understanding of market forces?

The only way everyone will want to charge £9k is if the cap is set too low to cover costs, and the university can't find any way to reduce operating expenditure without impacting service (which is a long way off yet looking at most universities).

In the real world, assessing the cost of your course, along with the amount of contact time, syllabus and perceived value in the wider job market will help keep fees down if students are supposed to be intelligent and make intelligent choices, especially with the rampant grade inflation on A levels making them largely meaningless these days...

Associate
Wow. Funny what people do in the heat of a moment. Whoever the centopath guy is, he must be bricking it now with the full vengence of a country gunning for him.

Just what he derves though I suppose.

Quite sure we will know his name by the end of the day.

Permabanned
Im annoyed...

All the people posting comments on media sites are calling the people who actually voted for Lib-Dems nasty names... I voted for them... why? Becuase that wee saying they would make change for the better.

Permabanned

Oxford and Cambridge charge a lot more then 3.2k anyway

Capodecina
Soldato
Is it right that poor kids won't be able to go to redbrick or Russell group Universities because their families are on low income ?

AGH you are the worst kind of example of the nucleus of the problem.

You pay nothing, NOTHING until after uni. And then you will pay only IF you earn enough to pay it back. If you never earn over £21k - you don't pay it.

Get it? Now tell all your friends.

Caporegime

You pay nothing, NOTHING until after uni. And then you will pay only IF you earn enough to pay it back. If you never earn over £21k - you don't pay it.

Also from a low income household they'll get grants which they never have to repay.

Soldato
Im annoyed...

I voted for them... why? Becuase that wee saying they would make change for the better.

You didn't really believe that did you? :D

to edit a quote from Bill Hicks

"I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs." "I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking." "Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!" "Shut up! Go back to bed, Britain. Your government is in control. Here's Eastenders. Watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer, you morons."

well, something along those lines :)

Caporegime

Asking questions is the nucleus of the problem? One of the reasons why a degree is so useful is that you are encouraged to always question and challenge authority.

Soldato
Wow. Funny what people do in the heat of a moment. Whoever the centopath guy is, he must be bricking it now with the full vengence of a country gunning for him.

Just what he derves though I suppose.

Quite sure we will know his name by the end of the day.

Its a girl, only just found out myself, tbh I think shes prob more upset that half the internet thinks she looks like a man than worried about the cenotaph.

Soldato
Its a shame the royal family have no power.They should be asking their government what the **** is going on with their country,that makes 50,000 people riot in the streets of the capital...

Man of Honour
Its a shame the royal family have no power.They should be asking their government what the **** is going on with their country,that makes 50,000 people riot in the streets of the capital...

What about the other 59,950,000 people in the UK who didn't riot?

Are we on a twisted form of mob rule now where the most violent and disruptive get their way?

Capodecina
Soldato
One of the reasons why a degree is so useful is that you are encouraged to always question and challenge authority.

People don't need degrees to challenge authority and ask questions, that's a stupid comment.

Degrees are NOT as useful as they were anymore. Hence why this country is drowning under a glut of jobless graduates.

Soldato

Are you special needs ? Who goes to University to limit them selfs to earning 21k.

You need to visit speakers corner section and really read into this properly to understand the real implications of this bill passed.

Typical scenario

That pakistani fella in the video, his dad probably is some mini cab driver, get **** wages, cant afford to pay for his son's travel, accommodation, food and books.

That grant that you mention , will probably just about cover his expenses and material needed to study.

Students from poor backgrounds used to take that £2700 grant, top it up with University Busary or part time work and pay off their SLC loan.

The free grant wasn't meant to be used in that way, but a lot of poor kids were using that method to pay their fees.

Another point, not all professions have high earning potentials.

for example teaching, average salary 21-24k and they reducing grant funding by 80%.

So how the hell is a NQT going to afford to budget and pay their debt with a 20-30k debt hanging over them.

Edit:

Well off families on the other hand have most likely saved up their children's child benefit money toward University education and can afford to pay for their children education with average high earner in household making 40-60k.

So basically government have given an ultimatum, study degrees that are useful and know you will get a return on your investment.

Study a **** degree like media etc and graduate, don't manage to find a job in your field, settle for 9-5 as estate agent.
You end up in a sticky situation, **** job and money and a uni debt hanging over you.

Because a lot of people graduate and don't make it career wise, because of over subscribed courses and **** Unversities

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom