charles and camilla attacked

Man of Honour
I read the article. He claims he had no idea what the Cenotaph is? Maybe if he paid attention in Uni he'd have a clue. His apology has come only to deflect any damage to his father. He doesn't give a ****. Or he wouldn't have been swinging from it in the first place.

He has apologised for his ignorence of the monument and even said his ignorence was a rubbish excuse. Sorry, but hater wants to hate (not that I'm supporting his vandelism in any way).

Hrumph!, are they sincere however. I doubt it.

:confused:

So basically even when he has admitted to being an utter tool and given his apologies, we should continue to doubt him? He is an utter tool, but I can at least acknowledge he has recognised his mistakes.

Permabanned
He has apologised for his ignorence of the monument and even said his ignorence was a rubbish excuse. Sorry, but hater wants to hate (not that I'm supporting his vandelism in any way).

:confused:

So basically even when he has admitted to being an utter tool and given his apologies, we should continue to doubt him? He is an utter tool, but I can at least acknowledge he has recognised his mistakes.

Sorry if I am a little suspicious over the intentions of someone who has acted in such a way. Words come cheap, actions would be better.

Maybe he can give some time to Help 4 Heroes or another charity involved with the armed forces and those who died and fought protecting this country.

Then I will eat my own words and take my hat off to the chap.

Fair enough.

I can at least acknowledge he has recognised his mistakes.

i don't think they doubt he's "acknowledged" them, it's just how much did he really mean it. surely you can acknowledge that there is a very big chance that he may not be sincere with his apology?

reminds me of when you see these little kids that do something naughty, then all they have to do is say sorry and everyone forgives them. seems weird to me. you can't just say sorry and expect forgiveness.

Soldato
I'm still confused as to why whoever smashed the car up didn't at the very least get a good beating?

TREASON! ORF WITH HIS HEAD! :p

Caporegime
The problem with the NUS proposals is that they were rejected by the Universities themselves as being unable to fund the shortfall.

It would have the top earners paying 2.5% of their salary and the lower earners paying 0.5% with the cap set at £15,000. Well to begin with this makes the lowest earners worse off to begin with.

The only supposed benefit of a graduate tax over the proposed loan system is that it avoids the headline fee. Graduates will still have to pay the fee, they just do not know what it is and it bears no relation to the course they have studied.

The biggest lol is that the proposed NUS graduate tax is just a watered down version of the very thing they are up in arms about.

I find it funny that you support something that means that a real graduate tax looks remarkably similar to a system of fees and loans.

The problem with a graduate tax is that it hasn't been properly considered, it was added to the Browne review as an after thought by the LibDems who were surprised to be in government. Once you do a thorough considered analysis of the proposal you realise that it's the most sensible way of funding the cost of higher education - as shadow chancellor Alan Johnson now acknowledges.

I assume you have not heard of such as thing as Tax Liability either.

I have but clearly you need to go and read up on what it means again.

Associate
don't know why the press are making such a fuss about royals car being attacked
myself, nobody was hurt and the police took them right into the protests it was obvious
people would chuck things at the car.

I personally have more concern for the 20 year old lad who was possibly brain damaged
and suffered a stroke after being hit over the head by police

HERE

Soldato
I am personally have more concern for the 20 year old lad who was brain damaged
and suffered a stroke after being hit over the head by police

HERE

What about concern for the officers that were injured/hospitalised by complete tools?

As for that lad, I'd be surprised if there isn't another side to the story.

Permabanned
The problem with a graduate tax is that it hasn't been properly considered, it was added to the Browne review as an after thought by the LibDems who were surprised to be in government. Once you do a thorough considered analysis of the proposal you realise that it's the most sensible way of funding the cost of higher education - as shadow chancellor Alan Johnson now acknowledges.

Any links to such a considered proposal?

I have but clearly you need to go and read up on what it means again.

The total amount of tax that an entity is legally obligated to pay to an authority as the result of the occurrence of a taxable event. Tax liability can be calculated by applying the appropriate tax rate to the taxable event's tax base. Taxable events include, but are not limited to, annual income, the sale of an asset, a fiscal year-end or an inheritance

Oh and the fact that you have an education others do not!

Associate
So basically even when he has admitted to being an utter tool and given his apologies, we should continue to doubt him?

He's supposedly an intelligent student studying history at university, yet his defense is that he didn't know what the cenotaph is or what it represents? Please.

It was a hastily worded press release designed purely for damage control. I have no doubt in my mind at the level of sincerity in "his apology".

Soldato
Capodecina
Soldato
Caporegime
The total amount of tax that an entity is legally obligated to pay to an authority as the result of the occurrence of a taxable event. Tax liability can be calculated by applying the appropriate tax rate to the taxable event's tax base. Taxable events include, but are not limited to, annual income, the sale of an asset, a fiscal year-end or an inheritance

Good, so we've established that you don't have an unlimited liability in a graduate tax after all because you only become liable for tax in the event of a taxable event. You earn £30k a year, you're only liable for tax on that £30k and in the UK the graduate tax could easily be recovered through PAYE there will be zero liability in most cases.

Associate
A few months back someone was prosecuted for urinating on a war memorial. I do hope this spoilt little brat who no doubt has ridden on the riches earned by his Father (I'm not blaming David Gilmore one little bit) will face the full penalty of the law. Disrespectful little toad that he is.

Permabanned
Good, so we've established that you don't have an unlimited liability in a graduate tax after all because you only become liable for tax in the event of a taxable event. You earn £30k a year, you're only liable for tax on that £30k and in the UK the graduate tax could easily be recovered through PAYE there will be zero liability in most cases.

The unlimited liability comes form the fact that the event is not the income itself but the act of gaining the degree and thus the financial liability to that event is unlimited in that way.

Unless you set a cap on the amount you are liable for you have an open ended liability that is dependent on your future income.

As the current proposal is similar in it's liability with the exception that it is capped at either the loan amount or the 30 year time limit, unlike an income tax.

A bit like the difference between income tax (your proposal) and inheritance tax (the current proposal). One has a defined bracket, the other does not.

Back
Top Bottom