• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

You eliminate all the hyperbole and circumstantial evidences and look at cold facts you will see the truth.

Thank goodness for reality.

Hate to think what Metaverse will be like when it’s up and running in full scale. Would be renamed as Trolls World and Disney won’t have ownership to it. Lol

Last edited:
Just for fun I tested my plug on the Inno with an infrared thermometer and the plug never went over about 44c however what was weird that a little further up the plug at about 1cm above where the cables are they were actually hotter than the plug at 48c lol, I'm guessing it's why I haven't had any problems as the heat is transferring properly throughout the plug and leads.

I'll test the Cablemod cable when it arrives just out of curiosity.

Pathetic trolling

I mean it's funny though, but glass houses and all, AMD better have zero issues or they'll become a meme again :D

Last edited:
Pathetic trolling

I mean it's funny though, but glass houses and all, AMD better have zero issues or they'll become a meme again :D
It's not pathetic imo, well deserved. Should be a lot more of it. I doubt any problems with their upcoming cards will include potentially burning your house down and then staying silent on the issue.

But you said it wss only 15 /s
near the start of the thread I said
no one even knows if it is the bending that caused ir, someone did a video where bending it to an extreme angle made a 2c difference in temp to the connector.

Maybe these 3 people never fully inserted the cable in the first place, how many GPU did Nvidia sell? must be like 0.0001% of GPU sold so far

Not a surprise that from the analysis of the cables sent in there's a wear line as the cables weren't socketed. Even better is the Steve plugging the cable in and the audible CLICK is clear. Sure people are adamant it doesn't make a noise or can't hear it but the force required to plug the cable in is completely different compared to 8pin. It feels completely different.

Not a surprise that from the analysis of the cables sent in there's a wear line as the cables weren't socketed. Even better is the Steve plugging the cable in and the audible CLICK is clear. Sure people are adamant it doesn't make a noise or can't hear it but the force required to plug the cable in is completely different compared to 8pin. It feels completely different.
it was only audible with the mic next to it and the audio boosted, he even said right after that he didnt hear a click

How much force does it take to creat that wear line? I didn’t notice a line on the adpter he was using to demonstrate improper installation.

Last edited:
it was only audible with the mic next to it and the audio boosted, he even said right after that he didnt hear a click
I missed him saying that, I noticed he put the mic next to it. I can definitely hear it clear enough on my MSI Suprim X that's for sure.

I'm interesting the expedited RMA however and how that will work out for users. Be interested to see if Nvidia just offers them FE's or deals with the other manufacturers directly to secure a card as I believe they were taking all makes and models in.

How much force does it take to creat that wear line?
Who knows but it makes you think that connectors weren't fully seated and being pulled from the socket essentially which could be due to tight spacing, pci-e cables barely stretching the adaptor. There will be a lot of variables. The type of plastic however is probably quite easy to mark up I would imagine. A lot of those types of surfaces can easily get scuffs etc.

At the end of the day, regardless of what's came out from the findings people won't agree with them so it doesn't really matter. It's a different type of connecter which sadly seems prone to human error. I'm sure the designers will be trying to work on a revised plug to socket combination which will be harder to get wrong. I was going to say idiot proof but I don't want to offend anyone :p

Last edited:
It's not pathetic imo, well deserved. Should be a lot more of it. I doubt any problems with their upcoming cards will include potentially burning your house down and then staying silent on the issue.
They will be adopting the 12VHPWR before long. Its like Samsung taking potshots at Apple for ditching the charging brick and the headphone jack only to do the same thing a year later.

Who knows but it makes you think that connectors weren't fully seated and being pulled from the socket essentially which could be due to tight spacing, pci-e cables barely stretching the adaptor. There will be a lot of variables. The type of plastic however is probably quite easy to mark up I would imagine. A lot of those types of surfaces can easily get scuffs etc.

At the end of the day, regardless of what's came out from the findings people won't agree with them so it doesn't really matter. It's a different type of connecter which sadly seems prone to human error. I'm sure the designers will be trying to work on a revised plug to socket combination which will be harder to get wrong. I was going to say idiot proof but I don't want to offend anyone :p
It's important because a lot of force could indicate a bad angle (user) or a bad fit. (Defect)

Then it's just a matter of checking if the wear line is parallel or not.

Last edited:
Really embarrassing for all the people posting their failed connectors online when it’s their fault for not plugging it in right.
It is I have to say to be perfectly honest, Stiff or not, We've all been there but making this mistake on an expensive part is even worse but as I suspected a couple of weeks ago it was user error, If it's not clicked or latched don't use it.

Back
Top Bottom