• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Associate
If only an angled connector existed so you didnt have to bend the cable

here's a mockup i deisgned that should fit the bill
maybe nvidia should use it..

RTX.jpg

Soldato

"This has a stale aftertaste in that the engineers there should have known better. Such soldering processes from thick to thin, as well as pressed wires without real strain relief in the plug, are technically not only mischief and grossly negligent, but actually also forbidden, because they contradict all rules of electrical engineering."

Last edited:
Associate
Just dropped on Videocardz too. UK recall can't be far off now!

Soldato
I wonder if this adaptor drama is the reason we haven't seen the FEs on sale for over a week now. The fewer cards the public have the easier it is to do a product recall.
Cards kept rolling out (what was available) when there was that whole cap conspiracy on the back of the 3080's.

Associate
I had the chance to buy a palit card yesterday I passed it up I feel right now it's the right choice. I currently have a 3090 and I think right now I will hold off till February march time.

Associate
I think all that is left is as to how Nv handle this situation. Will they go full Apple and deny there is a problem and tell us we are doing it wrong? Or will they go the Samsung route and accept they have made a huge design flaw and rectify their error.

I will have far more respect for Nv if they go the Samsung route and admit to the mistake. The cards are fine and the problem is with the adpater, if Cablemod can design an idiot proof adapter that works then Nv should have the resources to do it as well. Get them manufactured ASAP and ship them to the customers , who let us not forget have shelled out a minimum of $1600.

Edit - I bet the guys at EVGA are laughing their socks off at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
I was looking to upgrade my 2080ti to a 4090 (preferably FE), but after lurking on here and reading some of the issues, I am almost glad I haven't yet been able to get hold of one.

I do like the look of the CableMod cables and (as yet unreleased) right-angled adapter; I do NOT like the idea of it voiding my warranty (although if they don't know...).

I've waited this long. A couple more months can't hurt.

Associate
I was looking to upgrade my 2080ti to a 4090 (preferably FE), but after lurking on here and reading some of the issues, I am almost glad I haven't yet been able to get hold of one.

I do like the look of the CableMod cables and (as yet unreleased) right-angled adapter; I do NOT like the idea of it voiding my warranty (although if they don't know...).

I've waited this long. A couple more months can't hurt.
how the **** does a different cable void the warranty? jfc. oh you had the card on for more than 8 hours per day yeah thats the warranty voided sorry, what a dumb reason

Associate
how the **** does a different cable void the warranty? jfc. oh you had the card on for more than 8 hours per day yeah thats the warranty voided sorry, what a dumb reason
Oh, I fully agree. Especially when the other cables appear to be of a better overall quality than the ones they are pushing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom