China's 'wet markets' have reopened

Caporegime
that is laughable - watch super size me 2 and come back and say that with a straight face.

mad cow disease
swine flu
avian flu
green chicken

Spurlock's documentary addresses conditions in the US, which has lower standards than the rest of the West. You can't pretend that the meat you pick up in Morrison's was grown and prepared in the same way it is in America.

Do you know where the mad cow disease outbreak started? The UK. Do you know where it never even existed? Countries like Australia, which didn't make the same mistakes as the UK. Do you want to know the current status of mad cow disease? Virtually eradicated worldwide.

Modern piggeries and poultry farms are more susceptible to swine flu and avian flu respectively purely as a result of the large numbers of animals they contain, but they are not responsible for the emergence of either disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me_2:_Holy_Chicken!

the documentary explains how that chicken got green and guess what it's got nothing to do with looking after the chickens best welfare, the complete opposite. bred to specific qualities which means they have terrible lives. their legs snap under their own weight. they can't move and their hearts explode.

Unusual green colour in chicken meat is usually due to a condition known as Green Muscle Disease (or Oregon Disease) which is found in commercially raised broiler chickens. In poultry farming, broiler chickens are kept relatively inactive during the growing period. Consequently, the pectoral muscles (breast muscles) are not exercised enough to increase efficiency of its circulatory supply.

As these muscles in poultry cannot expand in response to physical activity, a short period of sudden and excessive wing flap can compromise the blood supply and lead to degeneration and cell death in the tissue. The affected muscle has a characteristic swollen reddish-brown lesion that later becomes green and shrunken and then pale green, depending upon the time of induction of the vigorous wing exercise.

The lesion does not impair the general health of the chickens and is generally found during cut-up and deboning. The condition is not associated with any infectious or harmful substance and has no food safety concern other than affecting the aesthetic appearance of the meat.

(Source).

I don't argue with the fact that the welfare of chickens in modern poultry farms is in urgent need of improvement. It's still vastly superior to China, though.

Caporegime
Is it? I'll need scientific evidence for that, not an unsubstantiated anecdote. Which form of hepatitis are you referring to here?

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/hepatitis-e

You will need to do your own research I just have what the doctor told me to go on.

They said it's common in poorer countries obviously but they were seeing an increase now in the UK and in other European countries. they advise you not to eat at restaurants as you have no idea if the chef has washed his hands after going toilet, etc. try and eat at home as much as possible.

it's also through contaminated food rather than transfer from people to food.

Associate
Its not just the animals they kill to eat, also they are mainly responsible for the killing of Elephants and Rhinos for their trunks and horns

Soldato
agree to disagree
https://www.peta.org/features/what-is-speciesism/

but anyone who cant see it should sit down nicely in the corner with their crayons before attempting to educate themselves ,you know ,take things gradually ......:p (just to show i dont mind a bit of abuse from fellow oveclockers)

the article is just virtue signalling and to think i used to listen to that useful idiot neal barnard's dietary advice fml
basing what your diet is to be on feelings and emotions and disregard what your body actually needs coz 'animals' is foolhardy but to push this idea onto others is criminal imo...

Soldato
The lengths people will go to justify their own convenience is boundless even if it makes them a hypocrite, they secretly know it to be true but they just can't face the cold hard truth, if you wish to have the blood of animals on your hands in order to survive then fine but don't try to morally justify it and don't kick up a fuss when another country has different moral standards when you are equally morally corrupt, I'm not a bible fan but I do think "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is quite apt

Associate
End of the day humans are toxic for the planet, every person at different levels (greed) we are all guilty.
A good way to look at it from out side the box is, why we have clothes & we take more than we need, because no other creature does :D

Associate
OP
that is laughable - watch super size me 2 and come back and say that with a straight face.

mad cow disease
swine flu
avian flu
green chicken

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me_2:_Holy_Chicken!

the documentary explains how that chicken got green and guess what it's got nothing to do with looking after the chickens best welfare, the complete opposite. bred to specific qualities which means they have terrible lives. their legs snap under their own weight. they can't move and their hearts explode.

And those aren't anything compared to what has come out of China. And Avian Flu came out of Asia as a whole, not sure why you keep posting that as coming out of the West.

Yes, they operate on BS religious grounds and definitely need to be shut down. But still infinitesimally small operations compared to what goes on in China. And they don't deal with animals like bats and pangolins that carry deadly rare viruses.

Associate
OP
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...-closing-china-s-wet-markets-isn-t-a-solution

I KNEW IT. THE LEFT SIDING WITH CHINA'S WET MARKETS. UNBELIEVABLE. The left is a morally corrupt cesspool.

mrz040420_color.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Explain how chicken farming isn't any different?

Selective breeding for weight.

Legs that can't support their own weight which break.

Heart attacks caused by their hearts exploding due to the sheer amount of stress put on their infant bodies within weeks.

I'm not the one without a clue here it is you.

The meat industry is just as bad just that your eyes are shut to it all.

But of course you aren't going to do any research on the matter as it goes against everything you just said.

If chicken farming isn't barbaric then I take it we can just go around breaking people's legs for fun, throwing babies through the air and making people's hearts explode through manipulating their genes to breed only humans that grow abnormally fast and for pure weight gain.

Like I said I'm not the one without a clue here it's you. Although I would never suspect someone who spends £500 on a car to have any real clue about anything in life. As how could they afford to do so?

I'm not reading that. Go away.

Caporegime
I'm not a veggie, wife is though. I reckon I will be one day unless significant processes are changed to at least give the animals we eat some kind of decent life before we eat them, it's all terribly wrong whatever Country you are in and yes I'm a hypocrite for having this opinion while still eating meat.
Best case scenario would be lab grown meat on a grand scale :)

Same as me and I have similar views to you

People can usually justify their actions. 'is ok to eat meat here as its less cruel' = what I contribute to is ok

That said what happens in China is absolutely vile. And it is worse than here. If all of those partaking in those disgusting traditions died it would be no bad thing.

Soldato
the article is just virtue signalling and to think i used to listen to that useful idiot neal barnard's dietary advice fml
basing what your diet is to be on feelings and emotions and disregard what your body actually needs coz 'animals' is foolhardy but to push this idea onto others is criminal imo...
Pretty sure we dont need animal products but its very very easy to have a bad vegan diet especially if you eat the processed stuff ,my daughter went vegan ,nothing to do with me ,shes always struggled with iron levels but they have improved and that even surprised me tbh but the meals shes churning out are spectacular compared to my efforts.
Having said that im making stuff more from scratch now with fresh veg ,lentils ect probably end up as a hobby
omega oils were a concern but ,shameless copy and paste
  1. Seaweed and algae.
  2. Chia seeds. Chia seeds are an excellent plant-based source of ALA omega-3 fatty acids. ...
  3. Hemp seeds. ...
  4. Flaxseeds. ...
  5. Walnuts. ...
  6. Edamame. ...
  7. Kidney beans. ...
  8. Soybean oil.

Same as me and I have similar views to you

People can usually justify their actions. 'is ok to eat meat here as its less cruel' = what I contribute to is ok

That said what happens in China is absolutely vile. And it is worse than here. If all of those partaking in those disgusting traditions died it would be no bad thing.

Totally agree what China are doing is terrible and worse than here but that doesn't make what we do OK, this thread proves though that lots of people bury their head in the sand about where their meat comes from and are quick to condemn China when we arent much better in regards to animal cruelty, at least I can admit that I am a hypocrite when I eat meat almost daily unlike some of the LOL posters in this thread :D

Back
Top Bottom