City Fibre

Soldato
For anyone lucky enough who can order Vodafone's Gigafast via CityFibre's network. You should be able to order the 900Mbps plan for 50% off.

They will give you another £3/mo off if you're an existing customer and wish to upgrade.
If you're already on the 900Mbps package they should still upgrade you to the Xtra package without any 'early upgrade fee'!

I believe this offer will expire on the 29th November.

Qcwh0if.png

Last edited:
Associate
Yea I have Vodafone but I have noticed before that if I search for current pricing it never shows any new deals.
But if I phone them knowing theres a better deal currently they have always swapped me so looks like I need to make a call again.

Associate
Upgraded from 500 package at £47 to 900 at £34 a month. Win win.
Thanks to 0007 for making us aware.
Worth noting that for me it shows the normal price for 900 of £68 until you actually select that option then the Black friday deal of 50% off shows.

Associate
0007's post was a Vodafone offer, but some areas are not done via Vodafone and id guess they pay Cityfibre to have exclusivity as my area is only done via Airbroadband

Airbroadband use OFNL service they do not use CityFibre my brother is in the same situation and the price are high.

Vodafone signed an exclusive deal which covers over 250 cities/towns/villages (I class this as anti competition and should never of been allowed)

Does any one know why it takes so long for the service to become active? the cables was installed in my area almost 3 months ago and the areas around mine they finished doing about a month ago yet still not available also no details when it will be.

Soldato
i got poached in town today with the 900meg for 30 quid!!!! i was on 500 meg for £35 a month but jumped on the deal to get 900 for £30 and im 10 month in already on my 500meg contract. all sorted today and speed bump should take place sometime tomorrow.

vodafone pricing is up and down like a yoyo. but the deals are always better than virgin.

Soldato
my vodafone hub seems to have had some sort of update, its wifi settings have changed and now asking to use the vodafone app on a phone to so some super wifi stuff. odd

hold on looks like speed upgrade done. its going over 900 now!!!

Soldato
all good:
flapp.jpg

phone on 5ghz band syncs at 866mbps and gets speed test around 475mbps. dunno if it needs a 160mhz bandwidth to get more

Soldato
Yep, I have multiple AC1200's, so 866Mbps on the 5Ghz Band, and I pull about ~350.
But more than enough for me on the WiFi side of things, I just plug whatever in via Ethernet if I need more.

I think it's better to have multiple AP's and have better coverage than just a super AP which will give you a lot of speed in just that one area.
Unless of course you literally only need strong WiFi in that one room :p

Back
Top Bottom