civikl rights for a peaceful protest gone in this country

This really irriates me. If you don't believe whatever conspiracy theory someone is peddling you are a sheep. Doesn't matter how outragous, if you don't believe it, you are a sheep. But the conspiracy theorists are not sheep for believing whatever website they get their stuff from...

LOL. If you knew me personally you would know how stupid that concept is. However, everyone has the right to make up their own mind, research the subject themselves and **** their pants when they realise that they have been lied to all their lives. The irony in your statement is that most counter arguments are based on what people have been conditioned into believing. If your argument is to hold water you have to admit that the 'sheep' can be led from both sides?

Well, I'd want some evidence that they were preventing people from moving away from the protest

i believe the "hemming in" strategy is standard practice for the police when dealing with large demonstrations....reasons of public safety/prevent criminal damage and the like.

Makes sense : hem them in & herd them down quieter areas then split them up - diffuses the explosive effect a large mob crowd mentality has.

LOL. If you knew me personally you would know how stupid that concept is. However, everyone has the right to make up their own mind, research the subject themselves and **** their pants when they realise that they have been lied to all their lives. The irony in your statement is that most counter arguments are based on what people have been conditioned into believing. If your argument is to hold water you have to admit that the 'sheep' can be led from both sides?

Not having a dig AJUK, as I usually find you chime in with quite reasonable accounts. However, you did somewhat take me aback when you started crying out about the NWO. One would've been forgiven for dismissing you as another nut.

Out of curiosity, as I don't believe you're one to necessarily frequent conspiracy websites: where exactly are you getting your information from?

To even beging comparing the current state of this country to Nazi Germany is ludicrous and insulting to the people who suffered under Nazi rule. There is simply no comparison. Your protests at the scale they currently are at will not affect the way this country is heading, that is at least of some comfort. I have no objection to protesting but I would expect a suitable alternative to be voiced by the protestors and, as of yet, I have not heard one.

You don’t see it or unable too see it you should read up about it more, our version isn’t so different to the 1st years of a Nazi rule, what you fail too understand this is the same but based on debt slavery. bit by bit they take away the liberties you once had you don’t even notice it at first then they take larger chucks but push out some reason for this you accept it, because the reason sounds good.

You like many others don’t see it your no longer working for yourself but for large corporations, you labour is becoming cheaper yet you don’t see this as the government subsidizes your wages tax credits etc... basic living prices getting more expensive other consumer goods getting cheaper to counter balance it, your taxes being used to run companies that try and not pay taxes by any means possible.

You fail too understand how cheaper house prices means better life for you and your family, 30 years ago you only needed one wage earner to purchase a property now you need 3, you fail to see the slump in social housing construction, during the golden years social housing construction was huge, large scale developments had a positive correlation will the economy.
Now labour have restricted social housing programme, putting pressure on the housing market, you fail too see the correlation between labour politicians and property developers and big business.

You complain about MPs expenses yet you only do from you armchair, but nothing else, you forget about the corrupt postal votes, this goes on, you moan about people protesting and follow the majority labeling them scum etc... social brainwashing. You moan but you accept it you get the government most people deserve, democracy isnt the same as it was 20 years ago.

You don’t see it or unable too see it you should read up about it more, our version isn’t so different to the 1st years of a Nazi rule, what you fail too understand this is the same but based on debt slavery. bit by bit they take away the liberties you once had you don’t even notice it at first then they take larger chucks but push out some reason for this you accept it, because the reason sounds good

Firstly, it is entirely different from the beginning of Nazi rule. I would advise you do to your own research into the subject and, unless you clutch at straws to draw comparison, you will realise our current situation is far removed from theirs. I am more than content with the current state of my liberties thank you very much. I fail to see what liberties you have been deprived of.

You like many others don’t see it your no longer working for yourself but for large corporations, you labour is becoming cheaper yet you don’t see this as the government subsidizes your wages tax credits etc... basic living prices getting more expensive other consumer goods getting cheaper to counter balance it, your taxes being used to run companies that try and not pay taxes by any means possible.

I'm sorry I struggle to read and digest what you are trying to say above. If you could word it clearly and in proper sentences then I'll try my best to give an opinion.

You fail too understand how cheaper house prices means better life for you and your family, 30 years ago you only needed one wage earner to purchase a property now you need 3, you fail to see the slump in social housing construction, during the golden years social housing construction was huge, large scale developments had a positive correlation will the economy. Now labour have restricted social housing programme, putting pressure on the housing market, you fail too see the correlation between labour politicians and property developers and big business.

You are developing a rather annoying habit of assuming things about me that are completely unfounded. At no stage have I touched on housing issues and I don't intend to be drawn into an argument on it as I don't feel equippesd with the facts. Arguing without the facts is something you are evidently more comfortable with. I can say confidently that you do not need 3 wage earners to purchase a property, this is imply not true, I know numerous people who have entered the property market on their own in the last 12 months.

You complain about MPs expenses yet you only do from you armchair, but nothing else, you forget about the corrupt postal votes, this goes on, you moan about people protesting and follow the majority labeling them scum etc... social brainwashing. You moan but you accept it you get the government most people deserve, democracy isnt the same as it was 20 years ago.

I have never complained about MP's expenses, and I don't own an armchair. I haven't labelled anyone scum, I haven't moaned about anyone following a majority, I....actually we could go on and on here but you seem to be generalising ever so slightly. I find democracy to be perfectly acceptable. I vote and therefore I feel I have the right to complain when I see fit to do so. Just because I don't feel the need to complain at the moment doesn't mean I deserve any less of a government than a protestor who loves a good rant. I happen to think that the government could handle the economic downturn far far worse and that to invoke sudden change (as I assume protestors want) at the moment would be the worst possible move as surely stability is required.

Last edited:
which never happened because they pinned everyone down at 10 am.
So? As I was saying, you do not have an absolute right to freedom of movement. If people decide that they don't want you travelling through the city then fair enough. This has always been the case. You don't have a human right to march, nor do you have a human right to tramp up the city. You've never had these rights, so don't act like they're being taken away from you.

I am sorry, you are just another clueless sheep that believes the crap you are fed everyday. Research into world banks, trading blocks, the connection between European, American and other major banks and you will discover that they are all a bunch of corrupt control freaks that bleed the people and resources of the world dry for their own profit.

Actually I don't believe I am a sheep and I do research into the economy quite regularly. A new currency is not something to radicalise the world banking system it is something that would keep countries reserves safer. They aren't talking about changing the cash we handle on a daily basis but the money a country has in it's own reserves.

It has to be said that whenever, wherever a large scale protest takes place, the BBC will always find the most inarticulate crusty people there to interview. I saw one guy yesterday who didn't have a single clue what he was talking about and was possibly on speed.

So the OP must've been interviewed by the BBC.

LOL. If you knew me personally you would know how stupid that concept is.

Yet you are quite happy to call people sheep that you do not know personally. Pot? Kettle? Black?

However, everyone has the right to make up their own mind, research the subject themselves and **** their pants when they realise that they have been lied to all their lives.

And here you go again. You are making the presumption that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Not that someone has looked at the same information and come to different conclusions. Believe in what you believe or be a sheep...

The irony in your statement is that most counter arguments are based on what people have been conditioned into believing. If your argument is to hold water you have to admit that the 'sheep' can be led from both sides?

Yes people can be easily led, but it seems to take a lot less information to lead someone that is in to conspiracy theories. Just look at magick, he believes in pretty much every one of them!

Those peaceful protesters with stolen police riot gear/uniforms and an armour'd car had nothing but good intentions, dunno why they got arrested.

Those peaceful protesters with stolen police riot gear/uniforms and an armour'd car had nothing but good intentions, dunno why they got arrested.

All 13(?) of them. Add that together to the number of people involved in trouble, then divide that number by the number protesting you get a statistic that is very unflattering to authority.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/G20/article6021880.ece

Peaceful lol. These protests were hijacked, and were violent. End of story. The police did what they had to do.

I should say however, from what i saw in Bishopsgate, everything was fine with no violence. It could have been a carnival if I didn't know what it was.

The protest wasn't hijacked, a few people there were intent on violence as usual and got it. They didn't hijack the protest - if they had then the whole thing would protest would have turned violent, and it didn't, also as usual.

On the other hand last night the police used batons and dogs to break up what was a peaceful protest. Just the same as the police sabotaged, harassed and bullied thousands of innocent people as well as effectively stealing thousands of legitimate objects from them in the power station protest not too long ago.

And every single act, as usual, is carried out with impunity.

So? As I was saying, you do not have an absolute right to freedom of movement. If people decide that they don't want you travelling through the city then fair enough. This has always been the case. You don't have a human right to march, nor do you have a human right to tramp up the city. You've never had these rights, so don't act like they're being taken away from you.

Because we operate on a largely non-written constitution it doesn't mean the right was never there.

Last edited:
and those peaceful protestors in the climate camp were not hemmed in and praised the police for letting them exercise their right to protest (until they actually outstayed their welcome, surely after 12 hours closing the road they had made their point)....but then they didnt smash stuff up or throw things at the police

Last edited:
Labour and the cons are the same, just look at the backgrounds of labour its almost the same as the cons.

Not particularly, they're still middle aged boring old ****ers from priveliged backgrounds. But they're not a bunch of right wing morons with policies largely built for rich people, leaving the rest of the population to suffer.
Lib dems > Labour > Conservative.

Because we operate on a largely non-written constitution it doesn't mean the right was never there.
What are you talking about? Just because we do not have a monolithic constitution does not mean that are constitution is not entirely written. All statutes are written, all (important) case law is written and freely available. In particular to this issue there has always been laws saying that if you want to march then you must ask permission and that permission can be curtailed or even refused. This has been the case since Pitt the Younger and before.

7 hours locked up in a large group unable to leave, took a dump at bank underground station, police wouldn’t let us out, they were taking peoples names, address and photos.

What a disgrace treating people worse than cattle grabbing people that refused to allow them to take their photos, like common criminals holding their hands behind their back to take photos, going into their pockets taking details such as credit card numbers and the name on the credit/debt cards.

Looks like we have lost our right to protest in this country.

good, you were treated fairly and in a proper manor, if i was incharge of sorting out the protestors you would have all been gassed

Last edited:
7 hours locked up in a large group unable to leave, took a dump at bank underground station, police wouldn’t let us out, they were taking peoples names, address and photos.

What a disgrace treating people worse than cattle grabbing people that refused to allow them to take their photos, like common criminals holding their hands behind their back to take photos, going into their pockets taking details such as credit card numbers and the name on the credit/debt cards.

Looks like we have lost our right to protest in this country.

Try blaming the small minority of people who use such protests to damage property and inflict violence on others for a cause they know nothing about before you point the finger of blame at the authorities.

It is a no win situation for the police in such circumstances but let me tell you this. All police action must be justifiable and proportionate and penning people in to prevent trouble is justifiable and proportionate, as is searching people en masse.

Also, can I make you aware of a tactic that protestors use quite often in that groups of them will start pushing and surging from deep in the crowd so that people at the front end up pressing and barging police lines to the point where batons are often used. Who get's the blame ? The cops. Who gets the footage of cops using batons for complaints to be made and PR for them ? The protestors.

Police are not perfect and absolved of all blame but then neither are the misguided people who turn up to cause trouble which has a profound impact on your right to protest.

Last edited:
The OP isn't the smartest and doesn't seem to understand the issues, but he does have some valid points. They were basically imprisoned for 7 hours which I don't agree with. In addition he's right, most of us do sit here and do nothing, let's face it, the lack of government regulation has nearly brought our entire economy back to the depresssion of 1929.

I'm glad there's some uneducated hippies smashing things up, while it appears to achieve nothing, it does emphasise to the government to get it right. If even one politician thinks "blimey I don't want my windows smashed in for getting this regulation wrong" then score one for the hippies.

I'm a classic "tory boy" who spent 10 years working for hedge funds, but even I can't hide my displeasure that the government screwed up. 3 years ago a young guy that was working for me got a £250k second home mortgage, we were paying him £27k, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.

Back
Top Bottom