civikl rights for a peaceful protest gone in this country

i
This means that you can take part in public protest as long as it does not involve violence against property or persons. That includes rival protestors, objects of your protest or the police.

The point of peaceful protesting is to get a point of view across to as many people as possible. Protests can often get loads of media coverage so more people get to hear about the campaign.

So what is non vilonet direct action?

You can take part in or organise a rally, march or meeting of people. However organisers have to get permission from the police first, stating how many people are expected to turn up, time and place and the route of a march

Please, I am far from a 'Grammar Nazi' but if you want people to take your argument seriously or consider your points you need to take a bit more time and construct your argument better. At this point, after a read through the thread, I am leaning between you being a stooge paid for by the government to undermine the protests or a rather intelligent chimpanzee.

What are you talking about? You realise that freedom of movement has never been an absolute right? Otherwise I could go sit in your living room.

They have been granted the right to walk through the City, St. James's is closed off and then they'll be in Trafalgar Square shortly
which never happened because they pinned everyone down at 10 am.

Last edited:
Just another point that has came to my head regarding your arguement to scrap current failing banks and opening new ones. If we did this it would leave many 'skilled' people without a job and therefore, the old bankers would just be employed by the new bank which doesn't solve the problem at all, it mearly is a miosis, a short term fix.

Just another point that has came to my head regarding your arguement to scrap current failing banks and opening new ones. If we did this it would leave many 'skilled' people without a job and therefore, the old bankers would just be employed by the new bank which doesn't solve the problem at all, it mearly is a miosis, a short term fix.

The banking system works a bit differently from normal employment, people that hit their 40s hardly ever get back into banking, its out with the old in with the new. The average age is 31, you be hard press to find any of the workers above the age of 40 in GS if you do they are directors.
And this is one of the short falls of the banking system.

The banking system works a bit differently from normal employment, people that hit their 40s hardly ever get back into banking, its out with the old in with the new. The average age is 31, you be hard press to find any of the workers above the age of 40 in GS if you do they are directors.
And this is one of the short falls of the banking system.

Your missing my point. For the banks to run at the moment they must have workers under 40, therefore everyone under this age you have said in banking will still want another job. And as for the quoted age i am not so convinced.

Please, I am far from a 'Grammar Nazi' but if you want people to take your argument seriously or consider your points you need to take a bit more time and construct your argument better. At this point, after a read through the thread, I am leaning between you being a stooge paid for by the government to undermine the protests or a rather intelligent chimpanzee.

Well thx for your productive insight about the banking system et al, i'll be sure to take this up at the next AGM. You have really changed my outlook on the whole banking industry.

i
This means that you can take part in public protest as long as it does not involve violence against property or persons. That includes rival protestors, objects of your protest or the police.

There was damage to property and violence against police.

If you want to be taken seriously at least try to sting a sentence together that isn't full of spelling and grammar mistakes.

new labour background is the same background are the cons, public school educated oxford educated so on.
Over the past 10 years who has benefited? big business has not the common worker.

Their background and education is unimportant. What is important is the decisions they make. To suggest otherwise is bigoted, ignorant and short-sighted.

I am sorry, you are just another clueless sheep that believes the crap you are fed everyday.

This really irriates me. If you don't believe whatever conspiracy theory someone is peddling you are a sheep. Doesn't matter how outragous, if you don't believe it, you are a sheep. But the conspiracy theorists are not sheep for believing whatever website they get their stuff from...

Peaceful protests don't actually get any point across to the general public and certainly don't win support, non-peaceful ones do the opposite as we live in a civilised society where it's not tolerated.

You might shout, chant and sing but nobody is listening. As far as I'm concerned anyone in the area around 20 heads of state deserve to be kept in check, even if it does impede their civil liberties.

I'll be honest Mattheman - you haven't done your cause any good with this thread.

This really irriates me. If you don't believe whatever conspiracy theory someone is peddling you are a sheep. Doesn't matter how outragous, if you don't believe it, you are a sheep. But the conspiracy theorists are not sheep for believing whatever website they get their stuff from...

I couldn't agree more mate, peer pressure doesn't stop after school these days ;)

Peaceful protests don't actually get any point across to the general public and certainly don't win support, non-peaceful ones do the opposite as we live in a civilised society where it's not tolerated.

You might shout, chant and sing but nobody is listening. As far as I'm concerned anyone in the area around 20 heads of state deserve to be kept in check, even if it does impede their civil liberties.

I'll be honest Mattheman - you haven't done your cause any good with this thread.

The problem seem to be me v all here, people just dont seem to understand, most moan about oh you cost the tax payers money etc... If people didnt protest then who knows were the country may be heading.

Example Nazi Germany people had it good for a while while others had it hard they couldn’t protest etc.. well, then it was to late, wasnt it.
Same as womens voting rights etc..

Last edited:
Well thx for your productive insight about the banking system et al, i'll be sure to take this up at the next AGM. You have really changed my outlook on the whole banking industry.

You ought to listen to what the man is trying to tell you. If an argument is riddled with poor spelling and grammar then it is far harder to take it seriously, regardless of content. An awful lot of people, myself included, look at a poorly constructed post and assume that if the person on the other computer can't even write properly then there is minimal chance that they can put together a coherent argument.

PS. I hope this has no spelling mistakes now :p

The problem seem to be me v all here, people just dont seem to understand, most moan about oh you cost the tax payers money etc... If people didnt protest then who knows were the country may be heading.

Example Nazi Germany people had it good for a while while others had it hard they couldn’t protest etc.. well then it was to late wasnt it.

To even beging comparing the current state of this country to Nazi Germany is ludicrous and insulting to the people who suffered under Nazi rule. There is simply no comparison. Your protests at the scale they currently are at will not affect the way this country is heading, that is at least of some comfort. I have no objection to protesting but I would expect a suitable alternative to be voiced by the protestors and, as of yet, I have not heard one.

Example Nazi Germany people had it good for a while while others had it hard they couldn’t protest etc.. well then it was to late wasnt it.

Protests shouldn't and don't affect government decisions, the governments job is to run the country effectively, not to please the minority that attend these protests.

I am sure if the Germans protested Hitler would have realised he had got it all wrong and wouldn't have started WW2 :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom