civikl rights for a peaceful protest gone in this country

Swearing in the link. Ironically, someone telling a police officer who posted to **** himself.

Assuming the order to clear the camp was lawful and justified, I did not see outright police thuggery in that clip.

At 1:43, a protestor grabs an officer and a baton strike is used which breaks the grip. Is that disproportionate force ?

Many had their hands up and moved back as the police line moved although it was a tight squeeze.

Do you also think that peace camps contain just peaceful protestors ? It is the perfect cover for a minority to ruin it for the majority. Police never have had an issue with lawful protest but such moves against camps, while never looking good, is sometimes neccessary.

Swearing in the link. Ironically, someone telling a police officer who posted to **** himself.

Assuming the order to clear the camp was lawful and justified, I did not see outright police thuggery in that clip.

At 1:43, a protestor grabs an officer and a baton strike is used which breaks the grip. Is that disproportionate force ?

Many had their hands up and moved back as the police line moved although it was a tight squeeze.

Do you also think that peace camps contain just peaceful protestors ? It is the perfect cover for a minority to ruin it for the majority. Police never have had an issue with lawful protest but such moves against camps, while never looking good, is sometimes neccessary.
look at 2:13 onwards and you'll see corners of sheilds being used.

Only one building was trashed, a window or two broken, what you fail too understand, protest does help to highlight negative issues.

Yep and it's worth mentioning that the violence only began AFTER the police had penned in the protestors like sheep and refused to let them leave the area.

The side corners, and its very dangerous, using shields like this has killed.
A circle is 2 dimensions, not like perfect sphere, it only has no corners when its drawn.

Police round shields do not have a sharp edge. The edge is rounded off so force can be delivered in a smaller surface area but with minimal damage.

As for killing. A fist can kill, a foot can kill as can almost any object you pick up but the primary use of a shield is for defence.

Police round shields do not have a sharp edge. The edge is rounded off so force can be delivered in a smaller surface area but with minimal damage.

As for killing. A fist can kill, a foot can kill as can almost any object you pick up but the primary use of a shield is for defence.

If you you the same force on both ends the thinner end causes hell of a lot of damage.

Why does this thread have to repeat itself? The simple fact of the matter is a small minority have spoiled our freedom to demonstrate.

Every successive G8 meeting in the UK has seen terrible violence, disorder and destruction of private, commercial and public property. There have been countless injuries to peaceful protestors, those themselves intent on rioting, and the police. The very same week of the G20 summit there were rioters setting fire to hotels and businesses in Germany.

The police are charged with maintaining order and protecting the safety of civilians and it's officers. I really wish that things hadn't come to this, but I cannot see how they could have handled potentially very violent situations any better than they did.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7982821.stm

Why does this thread have to repeat itself? The simple fact of the matter is a small minority have spoiled our freedom to demonstrate.

Every successive G8 meeting in the UK has seen terrible violence, disorder and destruction of private, commercial and public property. There have been countless injuries to peaceful protestors, those themselves intent on rioting, and the police. The very same week of the G20 summit there were rioters setting fire to hotels and businesses in Germany.

The police are charged with maintaining order and protecting the safety of civilians and it's officers. I really wish that things hadn't come to this, but I cannot see how they could have handled potentially very violent situations any better than they did.

The point is they did'nt, they went in heavy handed, and were the cause of the 2 broken windows.

Now it becomes clear why this thread has made a comeback. If I remember correctly mattheman, the thread starter, get suspended during his posting here previously. I guess his suspension has been lifted so here he's back to stir it up again.

Back
Top Bottom