Civilization VI

Man of Honour
Cant wait. My hype for Civ 6 has been steadily building over the months. Oct 21st is going to be a busy few days for me and the missus , as we have BF1 and Civ6 both coming out then

Associate
The hype is building in me to but I know how to control it.

Waiting for some reviews before I part with my cash.

Soldato
Do we know the time it unlocks on the 21st? I am tempted to take the day off work to play it, but obviously if it does not unlock until 6pm there is no point. If it is midnight into the 21st, I can see myself playing a lot from the early hours.

Man of Honour
As there is a new press preview release gone out, I've been watching the latest yogscast videos of them playing as Norway and have to say that I have now completed my 180 degreee turn on the graphics. When the first screenshots were shown months ago, I was in the not sure camp, but now I absolutely love the graphics.

Soldato
As there is a new press preview release gone out, I've been watching the latest yogscast videos of them playing as Norway and have to say that I have now completed my 180 degreee turn on the graphics. When the first screenshots were shown months ago, I was in the not sure camp, but now I absolutely love the graphics.

for a turn based game, its good.

Associate
I'm still scared I've watched loads of videos and I just don't feel 100 % good about it.

Something about it isn't getting my juices going like previous...

I'm the opposite - the more lets play videos I watch the more I'm liking it. New game mechanics look interesting and will add some strategic depth. Initially I disliked the graphical style, but now I'm warming to it. I've noticed a few bugs in the pre-release version, but nothing too bad. Compared to vanilla Civ 5 this iteration actually seems quite fleshed out.

Soldato
After watching a few of the play through videos I just pre-ordered it from CD Keys, so between this and a second play through of Witcher 3 + DLC, that's my gaming sorted for the winter. :)

Associate
Still very tempted by this but not played a Civ game before! Do you think it might be a good idea for me to pick up Civ 5 for peanuts to give it a shot?

Associate
Still very tempted by this but not played a Civ game before! Do you think it might be a good idea for me to pick up Civ 5 for peanuts to give it a shot?

You could then when you want civ 6 the price will be cheaper.

If you do see you online sevral months later as it's a time vampire, "Just one more turn" :)

Back
Top Bottom