Civilization VI

Associate
I will almost certainly get this but I pre ordered sim city (spit) and beyond earth, and that has made me quite weary of pre order based on previous gaming experience.
This is my issue... I'm very interested. But the saving on preodering is such a small amount now days that I'm content buying it a month or so after release.

Man of Honour
I really like how every Civ so far has had a ability that makes you go: holy ****, that's awesome! Russia is no exception. Production from Tundra tiles and bigger city limits should allow them to expand aggressively into areas that other Civs would struggle with.

I know I've said it a few times but it really is one of the biggest plus points for the game to me, generally when I play Civ I select Random for my Civ and then promptly restart half a dozen times because "I dont really want to play them" , however all of the Civs so far have really interested me and each has good reasons to play them. This could be the first Civ where I can roll Random civ and be happy to play whatever it picks

Soldato
True. But reviews also only tell you so much. I maintain that watching someone play the game tells you a lot more than reading a review.

Yep, I agree. There are several ways to find out what a game is like. Read reviews, get opinions from people who have played the game, watch videos, and finally actually play the game yourself. I'd say watching videos is the next best thing to playing it, maybe not so much with a shooter or something where you want to feel what its like but for a game like this.

Soldato
I don't understand this pre-ordering of games. I've never done it.

Why take the risk? Just wait a little and read the reviews and then make a decision.

Because I'm really looking forward to the game and want to play it the moment its released! Plus I think I've seen enough to convince me it will be good, though there is always the chance I could be wrong.

I very rarely pre-order, but I make the odd exception.

Soldato
Ooooh goodie !! Theres nothing I love more than when someone says they absolutely wont buy something, I get great pleasure out of bookmarking their post and linking it when they end up cropping up in a thread having bought it, I've got a number of peoples posts on BF1 ready for just that event :D

Got a whole 6 months where I can link this post, joy !! Lol

Yea BF1 is a no buy.
Beta was a clustercrap of the same dice EA kid mentality.
BF4 someone bought for me as I wouldnt have bought it myself.

Civ 6 looks great both in the visual aspect and gameplay.
One of few games they could add raytracing to the visuals and it would work.
Havent played in a few iterations of civ so be good to get back in to the latest one.

Associate
Because I'm really looking forward to the game and want to play it the moment its released! Plus I think I've seen enough to convince me it will be good, though there is always the chance I could be wrong.

I very rarely pre-order, but I make the odd exception.

Fair enough.

I'll wait for your review and then I'll decide whether to buy it. :D

Soldato
Bah. Civ 6 releases on 21 Oct. What does work go and do...only goes and sends me off to Malaysia on the 22nd Oct for a few weeks. :(

OMG!
Thats like a reason for war...
Might ask developers to include your boss as one of the countries to play from.
I would like to spend a few weeks there just not working...

Man of Honour
OMG!
Thats like a reason for war...
Might ask developers to include your boss as one of the countries to play from.
I would like to spend a few weeks there just not working...

I know one thing, if Kuala Lumpur is in the game as a city state, I'm going to obliterate it ! :)

Soldato
I've been burnt with Civ 5 and Civ BE, no way in hell I'm I buying this for at least 6-12 months.

I went without Civ 5 for around 9 months after they broke it with a patch, the developers have been a bunch of clowns over the years.

Good luck to all those people pre-ordering it.

And which patch that might be? Because I was playing the game and DLCs from release all way to today, and never had an issue.
it even supported 3d Nvision making it standing out, while I had the old XL2410T.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure what bug Defiant is referring to but I suffer from the extremely annoying issue of having to verify the game every time I want to play it otherwise it just won't load; every bloody damn time! It always has to download a single 9mb file which I believe to be the main executable which steam then alters leading to the same failure :(

Soldato
I'm not sure what bug Defiant is referring to but I suffer from the extremely annoying issue of having to verify the game every time I want to play it otherwise it just won't load; every bloody damn time! It always has to download a single 9mb file which I believe to be the main executable which steam then alters leading to the same failure :(

I had a game like that, Dying Light.

IIRC I found out the game ID that Steam used for it and uninstalled the game. Then I deleted that small folder that Steam stores somewhere else with the game ID. That way when I reinstalled it all was well with that file checking thing.
I can't remember if i needed to do something else as well but it was an annoyance.

Back
Top Bottom