Civilization VI

Soldato
I need that map! That looks great. I imagine there are some distinct advantages and disadvantages though. Small islands would not be able to grow until you can put units on water which seems to take longer in Civ6. Large islands would be very protected especially early game. Small countries could be land locked and surrounded by other countries that want to invade.

Soldato
I need that map! That looks great. I imagine there are some distinct advantages and disadvantages though. Small islands would not be able to grow until you can put units on water which seems to take longer in Civ6. Large islands would be very protected especially early game. Small countries could be land locked and surrounded by other countries that want to invade.

It makes for some interesting gameplay. Lots of war like real life. At the moment in my game Germany has taken brussels and is moving on to france!

Associate
Completed my first run through, I was on Warlord, going for a Science victory. Ran out of turns and came 3rd on points :(

Shame as I was smashing it on the Science - not sure I like the Score dynamic!

Soldato
What speed does everyone play Civ 6 on? I'm currently playing my first game in Standard speed and for the first time ever I'm finding it incredibly slow to the point that it's boring. Nothing ever happens!

Associate
Completed my first run through, I was on Warlord, going for a Science victory. Ran out of turns and came 3rd on points :(

Shame as I was smashing it on the Science - not sure I like the Score dynamic!

I always disable score victor condition as it annoyed me too much to be about to win by say, Science but I hit final turn and whoever had spammed the most wonders won.

What speed does everyone play Civ 6 on? I'm currently playing my first game in Standard speed and for the first time ever I'm finding it incredibly slow to the point that it's boring. Nothing ever happens!

I play on Quick. Not patient enough for anything else!

Soldato
This is currently on sale with 20% off. Currently on the steam store for £39.99.

Still too high for me to justify unfortunately but just a heads up.

Soldato
After two months of the game I think it's a good development of civ franchise, just wish the Mac version wasn't so buggy! (lots and lots of OpenGL errors late game for me)

I just wish the AI was a little more coherent in it's aggression, nothing wrong with early wars but I'd like a proper challenge defending a city or a slightly higher probability of a late game war (there seems to be a reluctance to war late game or a serious shock if you retaliate to someone denouncing you)

Soldato
The DLC from steam is all ported, I haven't ventured into the home mods yet but in 5 they generally crossed over from what I remember (I go through phases on downloading mods and it's been a while)

Back
Top Bottom