Civilization VI

Soldato
I have about 130hours on SP so far. I am actually really enjoying it. I played a lot of Civ5 and quite a lot of Civ4, it is very different from them but I do not think this is a bad thing. I have to admit at first it felt odd to play but now I understand it a lot more and have got my head round some of the finer aspects of the game, it has really opened up to be an enjoyable game. I think if anyone is not enjoying it at the moment, just give it a while and if may click.

Soldato
73 hours here. I've not really enjoyed it as much as V but I do like it and will definitely be playing more.

Added additional information to Defeat/Victory screens, so players will be clearer on why they have lost the game.

Well its about blooming time!

Soldato
I'm kind of disappointed that some of the changes made in Beyond Earth and Rising Tide never made it to Civ 6.
The trade route system had become a polished finished article unlike the messy Civ 6 approach. Ditto Spying it made much more sense that intrigue has to build before you can try high level spying and a simple screen rather than the messy repetitive turn based system we have now. But most of all the diplomatic system was cleaner. I'm not suggesting it can or should be the same in Civ 6 but Rising Tide was a big improvement over Civ 5 for diplomacy surely there were transferable lessons.
All of Civ 6's changes seem to revolve around the map and tiles and I do like them but everything else seems unloved.

Associate
I can't put my finger on why but I'm struggling to get into this. I haven't even finished a campaign.

I enjoyed my cursory initial games, but my epic RL world map adventure got a fatal crash just when it was getting good. Much more content than Civ V at release, but still nowhere near the depth of Civ V after two DLC. Perhaps that's what's causing your lack of interest? I've become an EU4 addict since then as well, which really shows how deep a grand strategy game can go.

If only we could combine EU4, Civ, and Total War. A gamers paradise.

Soldato
Waiting for the expansion packs before I play. I purchased vanilla Civ V at release and it was a bit messy. Maybe they'll make it more enjoyable for you.

I don't think we'll really see that sort of expansion for VI, the stuff they added in V is generally already there, and the description they gave on the deluxe edition said it would include the DLC to provide "new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders". Maybe they'll surprise us but otherwise nothing major to add.

Back
Top Bottom