Civilization VI

Associate
Oooh, there are loads left who would improve the series. We've not seen series stalwarts Inca or Maya yet, nor the Ottomans. I'd wager there will be another African civ, either Ethiopia/Mali/Zulu or possibly some one new like Ghana. Always the possibility for Carthage/Phoenicia too. You still have civs like Celts (who have been in multiple games) another ancient ME civ like Babylon/Assyria/Hittites or Byzantium and another mercantile proto-Italian civ like Venice/Genoa ect.

Lots of places they can go, it'll be a case of thinking something unique about them like the Cree trading route but I'd wager we're pretty much guaranteed to see the Ottomans plus another South American civ, another European civ and an African one.

Man of Honour
I'd agree, the Ottomans must surely be one of them, an empire that lasted over 600 years and only ceased existing after World War 1.

The Byzantines would be a good choice too, another African nation is a certainty I'd say.

Soldato
Ai really are sneaky :(. I was just about 19 turns away from launching my final rocket for science victory and I lose to culture :rolleyes:. Is there a way to stop others from getting there first? like can we do anything to stop culture / religion spreading as fast?

Soldato
Build your own religion and culture! That or tactfully spread someone else's religion in theirs, or just declare war :)

First one where there currently isn't the "you're going to win so I'm declaring war on you" AI which is a shame as that always made me laugh

Soldato
@pingwing Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Early on I did get bombarded by two civs though who declared joint war on me 3 times but failed to take me down. One eventually gave up and made alliance with me while I took the other civs closest city. After that I was left alone for the rest of the game :D.

Soldato
Another day, another failed attempt :p.

This time I cleared Egypt from the map to take on the resources and try expand. Turns out Germany had already expanded rapidly and set up border next to me. Was over 350+ turns by now and I made a last ditch effort to take down Germany. I failed miserably, so called it a day.

Out of all the victory conditions, I am almost always 4th or lower.

Soldato
How do you guys go into a game? Do you have a strategy condition you plan to win by?

I'm not sure why I fall so far behind.

Few things I've recently learned and try to put into my game;
Building settlers on luxury tiles that can't be improved for production.
I don't settle on mines, and try avoiding hills so I can build mines on them.

For example if I was to aim for a science victory. Should I evenly spread out over science and culture? As culture can use that spacerace in the later stages of culture. But then I need science for unlocking better tech.

What else can I do to help with the lack of science /production? I tend to stay away from faith as I don't understand the way it works currently.

Oh and I really dislike barbarians in this game :p. Almost every game they bombard me very early on (yes I build warriors / slingers to begin with).

Permabanned
It's not that complicated a game, so long as you monitor the victory screen you can counter anything the AI is doing, depending on difficulty of course.

Make sure you spread quickly at the start, new cities should get walls up quickly, get archers early to protect your cities early on. (I usually just buy a Slinger and upgrade it).

Try to block off other civilisations spreading, buy land where possible, take advantage of any opportunities, capturing other civilisations settlers near the start is a game changer.

Other civilisations usually hate me but it's fine, I don't need them to like me.

The only annoying aspect of the game is the positions the AI builds cities, way too close together, the game will often start you within three tiles of the another civilisation. :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Looking increasing like the remaining three unrevealed civilisations are *drum roll* Scotland headed by Robert the Bruce (due to some files for a Scottish styled Palace dug up, a Chinese leak and a blurry leader graphic that greatly resembles a painting of RtB). Zulu led by (probably, no evidence other than precedence) Shaka (files for an Impi animation datamined, the same Chinese leak as that mentioned the Scots and a reference in the 'pedia to an Ikanda) and lastly, the one with the least amount of proof (a blurry leader portrait that matches a painting and other illustrations and a gaping hole on a TSL map) The Mapuche led by Lautaro.

So Rise and Fall looks to be having:
Georgia
Cree
Korea
Nederlands
Mongolia
Scotland
Zulu
Mapuche

And an alternate leader for India.

Just over 2 weeks away :cool:

*edit* Shocky-FM, the devs have said they know there are some placement bugs and they've re-jigged the algorithm for it and it should be fixed when the RaF patch comes out, so even if you don't buy the expansion, you'll still get it fixed.

Associate
Not sure there are any changes as such. Lots of stuff (wonders, policies, great people and leader agendas) have been reworked due to the new loyalty mechanic, plus there are a couple of new unit additions (pike and shot, special forces and drones) but as far as I'm aware there are no new technologies.

Back
Top Bottom