Civilization VI

Permabanned
They need to bring back unit stacking, but to a lesser degree.

I think they have. Something about a two unit combo on the same tile.

Looking forward to this :)

Played around 30 hours of CIV V which is amazing for me, considering never having played a CIV game before.

I don't follow. Why are you looking forward to this if you've only put a measly 30 hours into CIV V?

Soldato
I think they have. Something about a two unit combo on the same tile.

Oh nice, that sounds perfect. Rather not have melee units stacking though, that would be silly as cities would get destroyed so fast, unless both units took full damage from attacks aimed at that tile or something.

Soldato
I don't follow. Why are you looking forward to this if you've only put a measly 30 hours into CIV V?

Never played a CIV game before, didnt think it was my kind of game, i played and completed a campaign for around 30 hours and enjoyed it.

Can i not enjoy a strategy/sim game without putting 500 hours into it and exploring all civilizations and builds? :p

Permabanned
Can i not enjoy a strategy/sim game without putting 500 hours into it and exploring all civilizations and builds? :p

Well no, of course you can :)

But the core of these games is their replay value. Trying out different civs, experimenting with their unique stuff, difficulty settings, civic stuff and wonders etc etc. The list goes on so chucking it on the pile after playing one game and waiting for its (alleged) successor, is a bit bizarre.

Soldato
Well i tell a lie, just checked my progress
I completed it once,and started a second playthrough with France but only got around 3 hours in before giving up (gaming on a slowly degrading GT 750m).

The framerates were not desirable at all in the end, i may well pick it up when a new computer comes along. It's on Haitus, not the pile at the moment :D

I do see your point though, but i liked what i played regardless, so look forward to the next installment.

Permabanned
Well no, of course you can :)

But the core of these games is their replay value. Trying out different civs, experimenting with their unique stuff, difficulty settings, civic stuff and wonders etc etc. The list goes on so chucking it on the pile after playing one game and waiting for its (alleged) successor, is a bit bizarre.

Yup, I have put in over a thousand hours playing Civ 1-4, play all the different civs, on different setting, this does not count they years and years I've played on MP.

Sadly less than 100 hours n CIV V which I thought was very poor.

And based on Civ v I will not be getting this on release.

Man of Honour
Why does this game look like a cheap facebook game?

Seriously? I was looking forward to civ 6 I liked 5.... but it looks worse.

I put over 1000 (1032 to be exact) hours into Civ 5. Probably over 5000 hours across the entire Civ series. At first, when I saw the screenshots, I wasnt too sure about the graphics at all, having seen them in motion though I find them to be perfectly fine. Aside from which , the appearance of the Civ games was never what made the series so amazing for me..it was all about the "just one more turn" gameplay. With that intact in Civ 6, I have no doubt that I will very easily knock up another 1000 hours.

Especially if someone makes a Yet Another Giant Earth Map map for Civ 6. :)

Associate
You could say that about almost any game though. It's how it's been for a long time.

The AI on Civ has become really dated now, you could see the problems back on Civ 3 starting to creep in, but Firaxis I are not interested in doing the work to improve it. Which is why they just keep giving the player graphic improvements it is a lot easier to do.

Associate
Never played a Civ game before but I'm quite interested in this. Do they have a tutorial mode? Seems a bit complicated and daunting for a civ virgin!

Back
Top Bottom