Civilization VI

Man of Honour
Wow, given the way movements works in Civ6, that movement bonus for Kongo sounds pretty powerful. I wonder if they get an Um Bongo bonus because if I recall my childhood learnings correctly, Um Bongo Um Bongo, they drink it in the Kongo ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The unique unit looks awesome, basically Mohawk Warriors but with ranged defence. Really wasn't expecting them to be a culture-heavy Civ!

Man of Honour
So many good Civilization choices, not sure who I will try first. Norway will definitely appeal to the missus, whenever we play a multiplayer game she likes to be a naval civ.

Soldato
OP
I'll probably just random for a while, isn't really any Civilization's that have been shown that I don't like. Hopefully stays that way when they show the rest :)

Associate
I always play my first game as England come what may - it's more tradition than anything else as I used always play as England as a kid on original Civ. After that though, I do play it 'properly.' Just started a Civ IV BTS game as Justinian, & I have to say after Civ V BNW, which is a very good game, I feel like an incorrectly convicted man who has just been released from a maximum security prison. Everything just feels so responsive and liberating - as if I'm in total control of my empire. I hope Civ VI does have that feel to it. It's certainly 'looking' better than V atm to me any rate.

Caporegime
Ok rock bottom serial key pre-order... Where am i looking ?

good lord am i paying 75 euros for deluxe, which basically includes... NOTHING ?

How are they getting away charging so much for this, this time around ? I paid 27 quid for civ 5 on release.

Associate

good lord am i paying 75 euros for deluxe, which basically includes... NOTHING ?

How are they getting away charging so much for this, this time around ? I paid 27 quid for civ 5 on release.

I saw greenman doing 22% off so though I might just pre order but it's still £39 for standard, going to wait until the price comes down

Soldato

Well it doesn't include 'nothing', you get four post launch DLC packs which are bound to be over priced when released. I agree its too expensive though, but I'm still tempted to buy it fro GMG.

Man of Honour

Standard edition, £35 on Kinguin. Thats what I'm doing. Likewise I'm also getting Battlefield 1 from Kinguin for £35. I see no reason to pay ridiculous prices.

Caporegime
I plan on buying it direct from Steam, I figure Fireaxis deserve the money. I've sunk getting on for 300 hours into Civ V, I expect I'll sink a similar amount of time into Civ VI. At £50, or £70 with a ticket for upcoming expansions, I think that's pretty big bargain.

Man of Honour
I plan on buying it direct from Steam, I figure Fireaxis deserve the money. I've sunk getting on for 300 hours into Civ V, I expect I'll sink a similar amount of time into Civ VI. At £50, or £70 with a ticket for upcoming expansions, I think that's pretty big bargain.

I've done over 1000 hours in Civ 5, god only knows how many hours in total when you add in the hours in Civ 1, 2, 3 and 4 as well. However, I will not be held over a barrel , no matter how good a game is, by the almost arbitrary price rises of PC games in the past 24 months. They are unnecessary price rises and the only reason why games , which for so many years on the PC were around the £35 mark have suddenly shot up, is because people pay it. Its not a matter of worth for me, its a matter of principle.

(It reminds me of the console gaming situation from many years ago, where PC games were coming out at the £30 area and the same title on console was being thrown out at £50 because the console gamer was paying it. How we PC gamers mocked consolers for it, now we are doing the same).

Back
Top Bottom