Civilization VI

Associate
And which patch that might be? Because I was playing the game and DLCs from release all way to today, and never had an issue.
it even supported 3d Nvision making it standing out, while I had the old XL2410T.

TBF I couldn't even tell you now as its been so long, all I remember is losing large amounts of time because they patched the game numerous times and it stopped working. Their forums were littered with people complaining for years about them ****in about with the game and breaking it for some people each time.

Seriously it got to the point were I tried everything, OS reinstall, game reinstall, registry edits and so on and so on. I've never had a brutal edge PC spec but I had a fairly run of the mill middle spec set of hardware so it wasn't like I even ran custom hardware that they didn't support.

BE had some issues, admittedly not as much as Civ 5 thankfully. It was though lacklustre in its design and feature. I have modded the crap out of the game to give it a bit more interest. Mind you Civ 5 did become better as well with mods.

I like... no love Civ games, but I wont buy at the start any longer. 6-12 months before I do this time to see how this one pans out.

Played time:
Civ 5: 1875 Hours
Civ BE: 196 Hours

Man of Honour
By pure luck i took the 21st off for a long weekend....
Now all plans have been cancelled and me and the GF are playing CIV 6 lol life is sad!

Lol, yup, both the missus and I are excited to start our multiplayer CIV 6 on the 21st too. Sadly, work is sending me off for a few weeks the day after, so we will hit it hard on the 21st and then hard again when I return from abroad.

Soldato
OP
Some Low vs. Ultra graphics comparisons from Reddit below. Other than the lack of shadows and some blur on the texture it's not a huge difference, at least from these shots. The strategic overview looks fantastic though:

Strategic Overview
t11dgxe7wlqx.jpg
Low vs. Ultra
0JRW9Eo.jpg

RtU7DSb.jpg

lzxMCAq.jpg

G2o5h5P.jpg

RoAgQOj.jpg

Soldato
Strategic view looks much better than it did in Civ V - might find this one both useful and good to look at.....!

I suppose it depends on the performance hit for shadows, although I can imagine that CPU power will decide end turn times more than graphics. especially during the late game.

Associate
First look at Greece's second Leader, Gorgo - boom! Did not see that coming! Great news! I'm officially on the hype train now :) (though still won't buy it until the sales & after the reviews are in :) ).

Lizzy for England! Augustus for Rome!

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I think it was either going to be Sparta and Greece separately or two leaders for Greece. It's great though, the community will hopefully be able to release leader mods rather than full Civ mods, and Firaxis will be able to release more leaders for Civilizations already in the game... although hopefully not stupidly priced.

Associate
Basically she's Montezuma from Civ V. Every kill generates culture. Still gets the usual Greek stuff, same as Pericles. Capitol is changed to Sparta though and the colours are different.

Strong rumours that Isabella will be the second Spanish leader and will be available in future DLC.

Soldato
Is damn shame 5 games/dlcs coming out all next week.
Fallout 4 dlc (possibly)
Skyrim remastered
Stellaris big change patch and dlc
TW Warhammer Goblin & Dwarves DLC (with campaign)
Civ 6

Not enough time to play all :(

Back
Top Bottom