CoD: Advanced Warfare

Associate
After updating my drivers. The game is playing great for me in single player, the cut scenes are a little jumpy. And I like how fast pass the multiplier is.

Soldato
Can someone clarify the dedicated servers for me?

Does it use P2P matchmaking or is the host an actual dedicated server in a server room?

Personally I don't mind that you can't host your own server with your own map rotation, rules etc as when the game ages all the servers run single maps with chaotic player counts and game modes. Look at CoD 4 - last time i checked there was no all maps servers and a lot of them were 40+ players.

Soldato
Hi, just wondering what performance people are getting, i have a AMD 8350, MSI gaming R290 4gb OC version , 8gb 1866mhz ram

running on a 1080p monitor, so using sync to stop tearing , 60fps.

i tried everything on max, turned off super sampling , most of the time its locked at 60fps, but in open areas it goes down to 45fps, and i can see the stutter when moving, no matter how much i change the settings its still there,

according to this i should be well within 60fps no problem

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/htt...ll_of_Duty_Advanced_Warfare-test-cod_1920.jpg

Thanks

Caporegime
Hi, just wondering what performance people are getting, i have a AMD 8350, MSI gaming R290 4gb OC version , 8gb 1866mhz ram

running on a 1080p monitor, so using sync to stop tearing , 60fps.

i tried everything on max, turned off super sampling , most of the time its locked at 60fps, but in open areas it goes down to 45fps, and i can see the stutter when moving, no matter how much i change the settings its still there,

according to this i should be well within 60fps no problem

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/htt...ll_of_Duty_Advanced_Warfare-test-cod_1920.jpg

Thanks

AMD cpu's tend to be quite poor in gaming, and you're comparing the creme-de la-creme Intel cpu at nearly 5Ghz!

Just a limitation of your system dude, doubt their will be much that you can do about it :(

edit - I also think they tend not to be very well supported due to their small market-share (which won't help!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, I know there was a difference but never that be big difference not had any issues with other games, I know it's not as fast as Intel's but still more then enough to play , so this game is highly cpu dependant as much as gpu ?

AMD cpu's tepoor in gaming, and you're comparing the creme-de la-creme Intel cpu at nearly 5Ghz!

Just a limitation of your system dude, doubt their will be much that you can do about it :(

edit - I also think they tend not to be very well supported due to their small market-share (which won't help!)

Soldato
Did anyone buy the russian key and activate with VPN?

I bought a copy from G2A the other day. Got all my VPN software ready, but still waiting for the code, my account says it has been shipped, but nothing in my inbox yet. Even stayed up until 2am this morning. Just have to hope it's here when I get in from work.

Soldato
Go on then lads, how is it? Last CoD i bought at release was BOps and haven't touched CoD since about a month after that release. Generally just have a quick look each year for amusement :p

COD4 by far the best game i have ever played.

Soldato
i think its good, i had a weird mouse issue at first but i have now solved that.

it feels like Blops2 with titanfall style jumping. it adds a new (vertical) level to the game, which doesnt feel out of place.

its very fast paced but for me its just a pick up and play game. I absolutely love CSGO at the moment but thats a lot more serious and competitive. this is just cod.

from the first few seconds of the first match i played i already knew it was way better than ghosts.

i was all set not to get this. another rubbish rehash. but then i read what others had said and thought what the hell. if i can get 26 hours out of it then i class that as getting my moneys worth. £1 an hour. (certainly cheaper than a hooker)

its p2p currently but it doesnt feel imbalanced. from the games ive played it doesnt seem as if 1 person is dominating the game.

Back
Top Bottom