CoD: Advanced Warfare

Soldato
For me it's what COD should be, pick up and play. It's also what Titanfall could have been but was far to shallow and empty.

It runs well, it's fast, it's mindless. I don't have to think about what I'm doing just jump in then run and gun.

I was unsure after buying ghosts as that was the biggest pile of junk I've ever bought.

Get dedicated servers on and all in all it will be a fun shooter to burn an hour or two.

That said i am useless at the moment, not played an fps game properly for about 6 months so my reactions and accuracy are non existant. Should be back to normal in a couple of days.

Associate
Is there still a big weapon unlock system and minor but interesting perks? (which I like)

Is there still a stupid overpowered killstreak system? (which I was less of a fan of)

Soldato
Had a quick play on SP last night and TBH I wasn't very impressed. Graphics are OK but after crysis3 and BF4 I would say lacking. Gameplay so far was a bit generic. I guess I should have known what to expect.

Associate
Did anyone buy the russian key and activate with VPN?

I did and it cost me £11 - from G2A - received the key yesterday afternoon. I had no issues activating using the VPN. I left it installing last night (had to be connected to the VPN to install). I haven't checked to see whether I can run the game without the VPN. I'll update later.

Soldato
Are you serious??

Excuse me whilst I just remove my tongue from my cheek.

In case you didn't understand my comment, it was a jibe at the limitations imposed on consoles, and the fact that often the PC versions of games are poorly optimised and poorly tested, so issues are an inherent part of buying the game. For example the poster with problems at 1440p. The game was primarily designed for 1080p (or 900p on XB1 I believe). More fool the PC user for not playing the game on console (and not spending £50)! :p (that was also sarcasm by the way)

Caporegime
Lots of people coming to the thread with the usual complaints about same old, same old.

I don't know if I'm in a better or worse place to address this but I'll give it a go.

Firstly my history of the series is:

Call of Duty (PC)
Call of Duty 2,3,4:MW, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops & Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)

So the last Call of Duty game I bought was in 2011 for an ageing console, and even then I didn't really delve in to the multiplayer too much as it already felt very tired and basic. Bear in mind that 2011 was the same year that Battlefield 3 was released and that was so far ahead of Call of Duty I didn't really see any good reason to play it.

I also played Titanfall earlier this year (PC) and though it was fun it didn't really hold my attention for very long.

So far I've played 2/3rd's through the Advanced Warfare campaign on Veteran difficulty and racked up about 6 hours on multiplayer (Level 28) playing games of Team Deathmatch, Domination and Kill Confirmed.

I really like the multiplayer. I was getting absolutely caned at first and dread to think what my kill/death ratio is (not that it matters) as I was having to adjust to the faster pace of Call of Duty vs Battlefield 4. But towards the end of the day I got much better.

So far I've not seen any kill-streaks that have ruined the game. The highest one I've unlocked so far was a mech-suit which ironically is a bit like a Titanfall mech (albeit smaller) and the round ended before I could do too much damage with it.

A lot of the other ones all seem to be manually remote controlled, so your player is quite at risk of being killed whilst using them as there aren't many 'quiet' parts of the maps.

The Exo suits with the double jumps and the verticality do really make this so much fresher. You might expect people to be bunny hoping all over the place but at the top most point of your jump you can actually be quite vulnerable so I've found this isn't the case which is good.

I'm pretty sure I've played all the maps now and there are some really good ones, and nothing that I've thought was particularly bad. Don't expect Battlefield 4 scale/destruction as you won't get it but I can live with that.

PC has lots of graphics options (again, I don't know what the old ones were like) and it looks pretty good with all the bells and whistles and Supersampling on. It can't compete with Battlefield 4 or Crysis 3 but it does run very smoothly. FOV slider is for multiplayer only but at least it's there. I don't see why people would need a FOV past 90 anyway.

Peer to Peer networking is a bit of a letdown, as I think it gives the host a small advantage (?). But at least it means you don't have servers that have ridiculous score limits (1000+)

Single player campaign has been quite fun. More so than Crysis 3 and BF4 (both are particularly average IMO). Quite a predictable storyline and nothing particularly innovative but certainly more memorable than Modern Warfare 3 was (Literally don't remember anything about that game!)

Really happy with it so far.

Soldato
Anyone any ideas how I can disable mouse4 ingame? I use it as my teamspeak push to talk key, however ingame its also 'back' and its really frustrating.

Soldato
I'm finding the odd stutter in game, no idea why.

P2P is really annoying, I'm seeing people lag all over the place. Sometimes it's me sometimes it's them. When I have a good ping I do well.

Graphics are ****e, but more than anything I want decent game play.

The game is almost pure spray and pray, I don't know why I expected it to be different. I guess I have a reason to pick up b4 again.

I'm not a fan of the jetpack/boosting.

Kill streaks aren't totally over the top.

I'm not sure, I'll give it another day before I decide whether I'm going to stick with this.

Last edited:
Associate
Having avoided Ghosts and MW3 I must say I am enjoying this, the pace of the game is relentless even for a CoD game.

No idea how long the enjoyment will last but its pretty damn fun atm.

Associate
Although CF is not working perfectly but it is still working in some scenes
cant wait for a CF patch / driver!

Crossfire or SLI has never been supported on any of the more recent COD titles, runs fine for me with a single R9 280X 3GB card at 1200p, all settings maxed out, caching, etc, FOV set to 90, SMAA 2Tx and Supersampling 2x, game averages high 80s, lowest I've seen is 65! :D

I bought a copy from G2A the other day. Got all my VPN software ready, but still waiting for the code, my account says it has been shipped, but nothing in my inbox yet. Even stayed up until 2am this morning. Just have to hope it's here when I get in from work.

I tried this for Ghosts last year, game downloaded and installed OK, and ran fine! Only problem was it was region locked and only language available was Russian! My East Slavic is not very good, even after a few vodkas! I ended up putting it down to experience and getting the RoW edition through CD Keys! :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom